Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Rapeculture

Re: Retro Games

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:42 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:30 am
Yeah, I'm not paying $40 either. Alpha 3 Max already exists.
Is Alpha 3 Max available here in the States on anything else other than the PSP? I mean as an official release, not ROMs.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:51 pm

Gameboy advance ps1 and dreamcast has alpha 3

Problem is you're paying about the same price as the re-release for any one of those.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:29 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:42 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Is Alpha 3 Max available here in the States on anything else other than the PSP? I mean as an official release, not ROMs.
I don't think so, but you can always emulate. I think it also runs on vita if you buy it off PSN, so you could get a pstv for like $60 max and the game on a capcom sale. Or buy a PSP for whatever they go for now.

Alpha 3 Max is probably my favorite 2d fighting game. I dunno. It's hard to pick. I'd probably like darkstalkers 3 more if it had a DS3 Max version with more single player content, but the game as it stands is very bare-bones.

Oh and the PSP version of darkstalkers is fucking awful. They messed up the controls or introduced input lag... Something like that. I've directly compared the PS1 classics Darkstalkers 3 with the PSP Darkstalkers (on the same console) and I can get my moves out more reliably on the fucking PS1 port. Just shameful.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:37 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:29 pm
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:42 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
I don't think so, but you can always emulate. I think it also runs on vita if you buy it off PSN, so you could get a pstv for like $60 max and the game on a capcom sale. Or buy a PSP for whatever they go for now.
I actually do have the PSP version of the game, i was just wondering if it ever went to other consoles or something. It's always been a bit uncomfortable to play on the PSP for me. I'm going to go ahead and assume the version of Alpha 3 on the new collection is just the vanilla arcade version.
rabidtictac wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:42 pm

I don't know what Cuckcom are doing with the new collection. I HOPE it's the MAX version, but you're probably right. Kind of like how Alpha 2 had a gold version in the alpha collection, but I bet that shit isn't coming back for the new $40 compilation.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 is ported to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, and Nintendo Switch as part of the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection scheduled for May 2018. This version is in arcade perfect form and does not carry the original coding sent to console version ports of the past. Though it comes with save states; Street Fighter Alpha 2 (30th Anniversary version) does not include Alpha 2 Gold as an update.
Lel fucking capcom

If you don't like the psp controls, you can play it on a dualshock 3 or 4 if you buy a pstv.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:48 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:42 pm
If you don't like the psp controls, you can play it on a dualshock 3 or 4 if you buy a pstv.
Right on, thank you muchly for the infodump, sir! :D
rabidtictac wrote:

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:54 am

not sure if this counts as retro but what happend to the golden sun series?

Those were some GBA rpgs right? From what I remember they were pretty good, I hate portables though so I never really played it besides emulating which also felt weird.
Have those never been remade for a pc release? You'd think with all the jrpgs getting ported to steam these would be included as well.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Pen Pal

Post by Pen Pal » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:55 am

The Golden Sun games were published by Nintendo, so they're never coming to PC.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:06 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:54 am
not sure if this counts as retro but what happend to the golden sun series?

Those were some GBA rpgs right? From what I remember they were pretty good, I hate portables though so I never really played it besides emulating which also felt weird.
Have those never been remade for a pc release? You'd think with all the jrpgs getting ported to steam these would be included as well.
I think they made a DS game as well. Anyway yeah, nintendo owns them bitches and you know how much they love to provide games people love to the public.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:38 pm

at least you can emulate GBA games on your PSP and shit.
TBH I dunno how being put on PC would help games with specs that low.