What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:55 am

Pretty much the same thing I do with Disgaea and Tekken/Skullgirls/Blazblue. Except now I cannot do that with Tekken because my main leveled up too much and the cpu requires effort to beat.

I haven't drunk much in the last couple years because of not wanting to fuck up medication, even though it's probably fine lel.

bloghorseinterchange
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:02 pm

Wasting some time playing skyrim enhanced edition or whatever its called while deciding what I should play next since Im pretty much over titanfall 2 already.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:34 pm

Finally got all trophies for Darkest Dungeon, the second part of the last dungeon was a bitch... but the rest was manageable.

...now i feel kinda empty. Well, to wait for the dlc on vita someday next month probably to start a new game.

Until then, probably will be with ff12 from next thuesday forward.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:32 pm

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/shiren- ... gue-leader

Been trying out this shit. Basically the OG console mystery dungeon roguelike.

Crimson Court DLC sounds pretty fun. The new class is a healer, which is good since Darkest Dungeon needed more. The vampire status effect seems like a nightmare to manage, so I'll probably opt to cure it whenever possible and not bother. No doubt that was intentional.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Ever heard of a game called Dead Head Fred? It was a PSP exclusive and supposed to start a franchise. The doctor from scrubs was the main voice talent. I've been playing that. It's pretty hard in that old-style PS2 way of not telling you what you're supposed to be doing and having shit pacing. The first boss is garbage and widely thought to be the hardest thing in the game. The tutorial in general is impressively awful. They give you a lot of tools and then either give you no explanation for them, give a very small explanation in text blurb form or yank those same tools away from you for the boss fight. :D

Oh and the camera is bad even by PSP game standards because the PSP doesn't have enough buttons. The best you can do is use a button to center it behind you. Spyro and Ratchet have better cameras on PSP.

Still, it's kind of an interesting game. I haven't ragequit it or anything. Pretty good graphics for the PSP era, really excellent voice talent and the combat is ok, if a bit difficult. Enemies will swarm you and they don't wait around to take turns.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:20 pm

I've actually managed to finish Suguri these days. It's a bit of a mix between a bullet hell shooter and a normal shmup, where you have a nifty dash instead of a tiny hitbox. Just like a bullet hell game hard as shit even on easy, and I only beat the final boss because I read up on her gimmick (she spams blue and red energy projectile that behave identical, except you can't dash through the blue ones; how you're supposed to know that by yourself, I have no idea).

The grimdark sequel Sora was a lot easier to beat, but my god is the Steam version poorly optimized. This is a doujin shooter with 2D sprites and simple 3D backgrounds, yet the boss' particle effects can cause the framerate to drop to 20 fps. That's pretty nuts.

There's also a fighting game version of this which is pretty lulzy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:18 am

I can't stand bullet hell smups. I want games like Tyrian, or Jet's and Guns, where you're not less powerful than the weakest enemy in the game. The whole philosophy of you being able to take plenty of hits and have fun is completely twisted to something else in any bullet hell game, because it's mostly about not getting hit, ideally not even once.

I've tried playing Sine Mora a long time ago, and I just couldn't, I was pretty dissapointed by it. I don't have a problem with few freaks and weirdos that are into bullet hells, but it seems to me that smups in general have just transformed only into that.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:26 pm

I like bullet hell shmups. My favorite is probably castle shikigami 2.

Anyway, I've also been playing Vagrant Story on my PSP. Got a bit further in it than I ever have before. I love this game, but kind of suck shit at it. I had been stuck on the dragon boss for a while. Ended up starting a new file so I could plan out my weapon usage better and end up with around +4 dragon on one of my good weapons by the time he showed up.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:18 am
I can't stand bullet hell smups. I want games like Tyrian, or Jet's and Guns, where you're not less powerful than the weakest enemy in the game. The whole philosophy of you being able to take plenty of hits and have fun is completely twisted to something else in any bullet hell game, because it's mostly about not getting hit, ideally not even once.
That's some good taste, man.

I like playing bullet hell shooters, but I ain't exactly good at them. Some bosses have way too crazy bullet patterns, and they always tend to have weird scoring mechanic gimmicks I can't even be bothered to learn (not that I care about points in the first place).

But Suguri and Sora are more of a hybrid. You actually have a health gauge and a normal hitbox, and your main way of not getting hit involves dashing, which makes you straight up immune against energy attacks at the cost of raising a heat gauge that acts as a multiplicator to incoming damage, which can hurt a lot.
The fighting game spinoff uses the same system, so you'll be spamming your slow projectile attacks for area denial while using energy attacks to increase your target's heat gauge for a nasty combo, destroy his own projectiles, or just quickly hit him when he's recovering. But just like in the shmup titles dashing helps you build meter for hyper attacks, so watch out for those.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:52 am

Are there any good western RPGs made after KotoR II?

I tried Dragon Age and was disappointed. Can't remember why, except the difficulty was all over and nothing about the game was interesting. I ragequit that game several times because of bullshit ambushes that felt designed to be unfair.

Skyrim is fucking Skyrim. Whatever. Follow the marker, pleb.

I've thought about going back to Witcher 2, but that game pissed me off. I encountered a save file-destroying bug which completely halted all progress in the main fucking story. Also the combat was shit IIRC and the game's idea of "adult" content was game of thrones ripoff edgetard shit. I have a real pet peeve about big, AAA game releases where I need to back my saves up in 15 different files at different states of progress to prevent my entire game from being ruined by the rampant bugginess of today's modern game.

Ass Effect 1 was a good game. Rough around the edges, but fun. Ass Effect 2 was ok, but you could see the series about to be ruined by all the standard third-person codblops creeping in. The RPG elements were streamlined even more to the point it was hardly even an RPG.

Dank Souls and its subsidiaries aren't really RPGs. They're 3D metroidvanias.

I can't really think of much else.
RAPEMAN wrote: