E3 - June 9-12

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: E3 - June 9-12

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 am

I don't really understand why people would ever complain about more characters. Poor balancing is an issue that happens in fightan games with large and with small rosters. A game with only a few fighters can still be unbalanced as fuck.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 am

Some retard spread the meme of "Less characters = more balancing time for the devs" and people have been hooked to it like the retards they are for years now.

I laughed my ass off with the Smash trailer, Ridley violently impaling Megaman, crushing Mario's skull and giving Samus PTSD was amazing and so out of left field. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Though I did like how the trailer ended with Samus ditching the suit and doing a Rider Kick.

As for RE2:make, there have been rumours circulating that the player can switch between classic RE cameras and RE4 / TPS camera...which given how they made the game and based it around the lighting works of RE7, I doubt classic will work in a lot of places, as the demo from Dengeki showed. Unless you can switch in the options or in a save point to go through some areas in an optimal way.

Meanwhile, people saw the full poster of DMC 5 and noticed the guy has tattoos and now try to meme Demi Fiend in the game to balance things with SMT. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:06 am

Don't see how anyone could not be hype about Smash tbh. It's like they went down every single major fan request with autistic scrutiny and included them all. Every character, Ridley, the option to have a final destination variant of every stage, the fucking Gamecube controller? Shit will be comfy as fuck. I don't have a Switch but will consider getting one if Smash lives up to the promise.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 am

ban wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 am
Some retard spread the meme of "Less characters = more balancing time for the devs" and people have been hooked to it like the retards they are for years now.
I guess this is sorta true for a brand-new fighting game, since it's more of a risk (no established fanbase and all) and you don't have a lot of IRL data aside from playtesting.

Smash Bros, on the other hand? A franchise that's been around for almost 20 years? With a large community, plenty of matchup data and a roster where everyone aside from the two newcomers has already appeared in at least one previous title? Get the fuck outta here.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 am

ban wrote:

As for RE2:make, there have been rumours circulating that the player can switch between classic RE cameras and RE4 / TPS camera...which given how they made the game and based it around the lighting works of RE7, I doubt classic will work in a lot of places, as the demo from Dengeki showed. Unless you can switch in the options or in a save point to go through some areas in an optimal way.
This is unconfirmed so far, everything I've seen and read points to just OTS. However it was confirmed recently that Hunk and Tofu modes are back, which is nice.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 am

Definitely seems like they're targeting the competitive scene with Ultimate. Hopefully the large roster means there's plenty of variation in the tournament scene (lel optimistic I know) instead of endless Fox vs Jugglypuff matchups that you saw in Melee.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:31 pm

With Super Smash Ult, I'm sorry but it's too little too late.

Most of those characters were garbage in the game they appeared in.

The online will probably still be complete shit.

No option to be other megaman despite so many other characters getting completely different skins and voice overs?

Too much mario, pokemon, zelda, and fire emblem.

I'll never fucking buy a switch. :lol: Smash has actively confirmed as much for me. Yet normies will eat it up like CoD, and nobody will learn.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

ban

Post by ban » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Seeing variation oor any sort of fun thing in the big tournament scene is beyond hopeless at this point. A match is a two way street and like wrestling, even if one of the performers can provide a five star match with a broom and a wet blanket in the ring, he could still be boring because his oppoennt is a stiff autist who doesn't know basic things. Watching Daigo for example on EVO is boring yet when you see him go to smaller tournaments or some more comfy environments you see some really interesting things. It's the same mentality as the old Truestyle Tournaments. If you don't have a massive ball of charisma like the Rock, a super talent like A.J. or someone who worked his ass off to be great like Okada face someone of equal greatness it falls apart because it becomes a by-the-numbers execution of winning strategies and formulas. And that holds the same for sports, when everybody is coked up, hammered out and just rushing for goals / hoops / touchdowns without some passion or excitment for the competion the whole thing falls apart. Same thing here.

At best you can hope for an obscure tournement happening in Akihabara or something with Smash to see something crazy like...Yoshi vs Ice Climbers at the finals(I dunno, I only played Smash for fun :lol: ).
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 am
I guess this is sorta true for a brand-new fighting game, since it's more of a risk (no established fanbase and all) and you don't have a lot of IRL data aside from playtesting.
Yeah, with the lessening of arcades that holds more and more true by the day, though some peeps had the brilliant idea of starting some demos for download on PC in Japan before moving to a proper release in a comiket later. Promoting a new game and getting data via the demo. Big companies could adopt that given their PC scene exists in a bit of a seperate dimension than Steam, GOG etc but the only thing close to that was Street Fighter V but it's Street Fucking Fighter, you only get worse after SF4 released.
Rapeculture wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 am
This is unconfirmed so far, everything I've seen and read points to just OTS. However it was confirmed recently that Hunk and Tofu modes are back, which is nice.
Nice.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:48 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 am
ban wrote:

For what i understand, it was a mix between cameras, having some areas with fixed cameras (not completely fixed, more like Code Veronica/Dino Crisis cameras that had dynamic cameras)

For the gameplay portions of the game that where showed on the trailer, there are a few areas that i saw that are not completely fixed to your back, since it looked like the character moved but not the camera, and other cameras with the character like RE4 (and i also noticed that you could walk to the sides)

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 pm

CIAnigger, it's fitting that you formatted such a retarded post in the Reddit style.

It's the ultimate (literally) version of Smash they bring. Get all the characters back, bring more stages, give more movement options like Melee, bring Inkling (which was requested like crazy although I don't care for it) and actually deliver Ridley.
Before Bayo and Cloud oppression, the tournament scene was actually pretty damn varied. At top level you'd see Diddy, DK, Mario, Wario, Rosalina, Sheik, Falcon, Ganondorf, Falco/Fox, Nes, Pikachu and the odd other character. It wasn't bad at all and certainly not the Fox and Marth, Final Destination only you see in Melee.
Let me slam faggots with my man Dedede online and I'm happy. It's not like I go to tournaments anyway.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!