What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Complicity

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Complicity » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:31 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:49 pm
Imagine if Konami actually kept working on 3D Castlevanias, instead of succumbing to the lure of the Pachinko.
Now we would have vidya adaptations of those shitty Game of Thrones wannabes on Netflix, filled to the gills (and rectums) with microtransactions and ESG quotas.
Soyjima's God of War rip-offs killed Castlevania for good, even though the second one is the only metroidvania in which you control Dracula (Soma doesn't count).

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:43 pm

Afaik Kojima didn't really do much regarding those reboots aside from vouching for them.
Also the second one is far from being the first were you play as Mr. "What is a man?!".
SpoilerShow
EDIT: GamerGate 2 has escalated
The curator guy who helped kickstart the whole Sweet Baby drama has fully unleashed the hounds of war. He's started his own site to curate a list of every game defiled by baka gaijin.
The most recent entrieson the list even have their own articles to showcase the localizers' crimes against humanity.

Let's fucking go, Battle Brothers!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

That Suikoden clone looked good, but apparently the wokalization is so bad that the whole personality of the characters has been altered.
I'm not even going to pirate that shit unless a fan translation is released.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:17 pm

I've heard the switch port also launched in unplayable condition, as is typical for switch ports.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:39 am

Complicity wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm
That Suikoden clone looked good, but apparently the wokalization is so bad that the whole personality of the characters has been altered.
There was a missed opportunity to call it Soykoden.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am

Complicity wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm
That Suikoden clone looked good
But what are the odds, even without the localization drama, that it would've just been another vanity project by a washed-up nip developer desparately trying to relive his glory days?
but apparently the wokalization is so bad that the whole personality of the characters has been altered.
No wonder when one of the main localizers thinks that no female character should be overshadowed by the main protagonist.

And that was over 10 years ago. His attitude has likely only become more radical.

The Kickstarter comment section is also full of people complaining about the localization, and the ban-happy mods.
I'm sure the apologists will soon mine the original script for the most "problematic" thing to throw at the haters ("If you want an accurate localization, then you condone racism/sexism/pedophilia!")
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:26 am

I’ll never forgive them for Alan Woke II. I have a soft spot for Remedy and was looking forward to eventually playing the game seeing as I liked the first. Bad enough it’s a clunky RE4R wannabe, but race swapping a finnish character to be black and adding muh white hatred to her ruined it all for me. I didn’t pay for that shit and I’ll never finish it. I found some interview about it with Sam Lake and a nameless bitch, he said nothing while she spoke over him. Guess he was forced to keep his mouth shut.

Time to fight, you grassy ass bitches, let’s go. Can we drop the online shit and just have turn of the century gang wars instead?
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

BloodKnightDollfie

Post by BloodKnightDollfie » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:00 am

Is it time to grip a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw? The remaster/remake does not seem like it’s happening.
"^NOT A KIGURUMI!" - DHI

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 pm

Do it, you know they’ll butcher anything new in current year. Can’t wait to see how they censor/rework that Shadows of the Damned remaster they talked about.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:40 am

Reviews for the problematic and unrealistically sexy game Stellar Blade are finally out, and even "professional" reviewers can't seem to find excuses to rate it lower than a 7/10.
I'm sure I'll find ones that do if I look hard enough. Their review would have to be a sight to behold. Bonus points if they also love the shit out of Hades 2, which prominently features naked big oppai waifus but it's like a more enlightened kind of sexy.

Also there was some unfortunate graffiti placement they had to fix ASAP :lol:

Looking forward to a PC release so we can have the "Stellar Blade Hard R Restoration Mod".
-Yours Truly