What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:45 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:12 pm
It takes a long time for normalfags to finally abandon a series that used to make okay games but now only makes shit.
Eh, I’d rather a remastered Oblivion, that was the series best in my opinion.
Oblivion's charm helps compensate for its many flaws. Same with morrowind. The games have so much character and so many memes they're naturally endearing. Skyrim sucked the soul out of Elder Scrolls in the name of mass appeal.

But all bugthesda games have the brain rot that is flat enemy scaling.
I’ll never forget how amazing it was to see the imperial city from a distance and then explore it. Skyrim just didn’t have those locations or that charm as you stated.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:54 pm

I don't think there's any city in Skyrim that can compare with all the districts of Oblivion's Imperial City. Morrowind has a city like that too but it's a confusing maze and kinda shit. Balmora is my favorite city in Morrowind.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:55 pm

Remember how Capcom would add Denuvo to its games, only to remove it via patch a few years later 'cause of the licensing costs?
Now they're replacing it with Enigma, a dodgy piece of DRM made by a probably Russian company that doesn't even have a name or address :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:54 pm
I don't think there's any city in Skyrim that can compare with all the districts of Oblivion's Imperial City. Morrowind has a city like that too but it's a confusing maze and kinda shit. Balmora is my favorite city in Morrowind.
Morrowind has the most interesting architecture, hands down.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:57 pm

Another reason why piracy is moral, responsible and appropriate.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:37 pm

Yet another reason for why the "Crapcom" moniker is spot on.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:51 am

Morrowind and Cyrodil both have those memorable landscapes.

Reminds me of how much more interesting the Mojave desert in New Vegas was compared to the actual games made by Bethesda.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:23 pm

I dunno if I'd call the desert in New Vegas interesting. I actually though it was a good call for Fallout 3 to take place in Washington DC.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:14 pm

New Vegas literally only has the one interesting location. The rest are just shacks in the mostly empty desert filled with faggots waxing philosophical for ages while people jerk themselves to how big brained they are for not liking Fallout 3 or 4 while thinking it's good writing to be able to persuade literally any named NPC to not fight you.

The writing in 3 and 4 is mostly shit, don't get me wrong, but New Vegas is a big ball of railroading emptiness that misconstrues depth with, "they say lots of big words and have some ideas behind them."

Literally saw some faggot say that raiders in 3 and 4 were worse than in New Vegas because they didn't have any good background and were just filler bad guys for the player to shoot. Because I apparently need to know the backstory to every raider group in existence, if not every individual raider I shoot.

That being said, 4 has the absolute worst map design as far as, "I see it from a distance and want to go there," and 3 would have more of that if it didn't take place in a dense city environment.

Also don't know what you faggots are smoking, the Imperial City is boring as hell and just a bunch of small areas with lots of doors. Doors that lead to a literal who's home. There's a few landmarks, like the arena, but most of it is literally just filler and has so few people in it that it feels dead. Even the few quests that let you explore any of the White-Gold Tower show that it's literally just hallways with a few offices in it and a bunch of off screen magical shit that you only get to see a few glimpses of (IE: Randomly sizes furniture and misc junk items posing as said magical shit during the Thieves Guild line).

The only game that they've made that really made me see something in the distance and really want to go there, go there, then feel like it was worth it, was Morrowind. That's 90% because of how alien and fantastical the environment is and 10% the slog of actually traveling in Morrowind.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:18 pm

Real Morrowinders jump from place to place.
Pepsi Man wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:14 pm
Literally saw some faggot say that raiders in 3 and 4 were worse than in New Vegas because they didn't have any good background and were just filler bad guys for the player to shoot. Because I apparently need to know the backstory to every raider group in existence, if not every individual raider I shoot.
Just when will video games finally implement this:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:07 am

The only good TES cities are in Daggerfall. They are large enough, look like actual cities anyone that isn't on PCP would build and are impersonal enough to be realistic in the first place.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!