Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 28, 2020 3:14 pm

Anyway, I'm doing high rank quests now in 4U and 3U. One thing I'll say for 4U is that while the maps may be shit, the fight against Shagaru Magala was fantastic. I went full scrub insect glaive and could only barely keep up with the constant blight nukes. The entire hunt was action-packed from start to finish and the monster never calmed down. He was either in rage or not in rage but never exhausted.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 28, 2020 3:17 pm

For some reason I find him more comfortable to fight than Gore Magala.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Gore Magala made me shit my pants when he went apeshit for the first time, and I think he's still more dangerous than Shagaru when he does that. Shagaru might be stronger, but he's more controlled and consistent if I remember correctly.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 28, 2020 6:14 pm

Gore's rage mode is complete horseshit is why. It's all the airbursts and screams that Gore does. You spend most of his rage mode covering your ears or being blown around by wind pressure. But Gore is way easier when he's not in rage. In fact, you can pretty well body him by doing so much damage that he can't get into rage mode until he's almost dead. Gore flips between complete pushover to horseshit spammer at the drop of a hat, but Shagaru was fun the entire time.

You know what monster I hate? Fucking zinogre when he's raging. He spams the three-hit claw slam which deals 100% stun if he connects. Each hit of the claw slam tracks you. I've gone from like 70% health to carted from him spamming shit in rage. I farmed a set of zinogre armor in Gen and probably won't do that ever again. I also REALLY don't like how he's always trying to activate his own rage mode. He can spend the entire fight in rage unless you stay on him.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Zinogre is awesome. But then I am Lance/Funlance most of the time. Any shitter spergs too much out in rage is when I drink a mega dash juice and just block until it's done with it's fit.
Gore's problem is that you most likely want to break his horns because you need them to build something. So you have to let him flip out and during his massive fit try to go for the horns exclusively so you don't accidentally kill him first. Well, in Low Rank anyway. That makes him real uncomfortable to fight.
Shagaru is more often in rage mode and what Voice said about consistency is very true. You know what to expect.

My favourite monsters are Seltas Queen, Lagiacrus and Mizutsune. There are a lot of others I really like but that'd be a very long list.
For those I don't like I'd have to name Yian Garuga and Yian Kut-Ku. Those pieces of shit toss me around more than I'm comfortable to admit. They are random as hell with their stupid non-telegraphed dash runs. One time you absolutely obliterate the fucks, another they run you over again and again and again and knock you against a wall and basically stunlock you and you're eating shit all fight.

Blangonga can absolutely fuck itself as well. Stupid, ugly snowmonkey motherfucker. He's so disruptive with his earthquake pound and his constant jumping out of range. Just a really, really annoying fight.

Last but not least is Kushala Daora, the fucking wind dragon. I won't ever fight the cunt with a gunlance again. He's the biggest pain in the ass by far. You can't get close most of the time and when you can he'll be gone by the time you reached him. He's playing catch so much that you get pissed off and careless and then he just fucks your shit up.
I'd rather spend an entire week farming a good armour set and HBG for whatever rank I'm on - even Low Rank - than ever fight the shithead with a lance again.

Plesioth and Gravios and Cephadrome get an honourable mention for being no fun and difficult to even paintball. Just tedious. Gravios a bit less but he's got his stupid gas moves that just waste tons of time.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 pm

I don't like a lot of the reworked movesets for Gen. Rathalos is a massive dickhead compared to how he was in 3rd Gen. He didn't use to spend quite as much time in the air as he does now and he had more gaps between attacks even in rage. Blangonga just takes forever because the cunt spams moves that set you in pause, like the shockwaves, roars and snow attacks. Reminds me of when Barroth will just sit there and throw mud 4x in a fucking row rather than do any other move, or when a bird wyvern will spin2win over and over and over again in rage because fuck you. You'll get a Garuga or something just sitting there spinning in a fucking circle over and over when you're pushed up against the wall of the zone. Speaking of Garuga, they definitely made him more annoying. In 2nd gen, the only poison Garuga had was in his tail and the only poison Rathian had was in her tail. Garuga might have had a poison spit but he didn't use it. Rathalos didn't have poison at all in 2nd gen.

My least-favorite monsters conceptually are probably the dromes though. They're not hard, just shitty. They're poorly made and have only a couple of attacks. They spend most of their time rotating at right angles so they can try to hit you. Rage mode just makes them rotate faster. Like I said, they're not hard. But they're so fucking shit. Great Jaggi is way better-designed. Bulldrome is another truly awful monster that should have stayed gone. The bitch had only one attack in 2nd Gen and he doesn't have many more in Gen. Monsters with one attack are fine for the little guys (bullfango etc) but that's not acceptable for bosses.

3rd gen is just fucking dope, honestly. Really killer lineup of fun monsters and great levels. Royal Ludroth, Great Jaggia, Quropeco, Rathian, Lagiacrus and I could go on. Gen has some great ones too. The new owl guy is awesome and so is Mizu. My biggest problem with Gen aside from quest bloat is they brought back a lot of monsters that should have stayed dead. I look at these quests and so many of them involve hunting a piece of shit monster from 1st gen that sucks ass, like Bulldrome, Gendrome or Iodrome, or some lame bird wyvern that's mostly annoying. Or that fucking Khezu. I fought Khezu so much in 2nd gen that I have him down to a science, but that fight is still dumb and boring. I bring hammer and spam charged swings but it's not fun. To be fair though, Gigginox in 3U is even worse.

Don't get me wrong-the game has a ton of monsters I love. All MH games do. But I hope capcom takes the lesson going forward. Gen was a compilation game, fine. Include all the shitty monsters too, I guess. But for MH 5th generation, please keep only the really awesome monsters from previous gens and add more great ones. Obviously the poster monsters from every previous Gen are going to make it into the new games as well, but those monsters are mostly well-made.

Edit: I never use weapons that block so blocking is never an option for me when monsters sperge out. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 pm

I actually really like Bulldrome. Amazing to practice parry moves on and you won't have to hunt him often anyway. But works great for a hunt as the second random dude to show up.
Don't mind the other dromes all that much either, honestly.

Royal Ludroth is cool and has a great gunner armour. Quropeco is really great as well.

You better hope he doesn't ring up the angry angry pickle.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 29, 2020 4:25 am

A lot of the gen 3 monsters are really cool. They improved monster interactions a ton in the jump from 2U to 3U. The territorial dispute thing took until World, so monsters still gangbang you, but it's awesome to see monsters who use other monsters as part of their gimmick.

RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 29, 2020 11:43 am

I'm currently grinding Gravios because I want that armour set. The Seltas one is great but -4 fire isn't something that'll work out to carry over into G-Rank. It's already bad if I get blazed, losing around 50% health.
I've built a Seltas IG and will go all Je suis monte on the rock bastard.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 29, 2020 12:17 pm

I'm currently using a -4 fire Jaggi set in high rank. When I shifted to high rank, I went from armor being 23ish Defense per piece to 49ish per piece. Damage of monsters went up accordingly too. So I needed to get a full set as soon as possible and Jaggi was easy to farm. People have been recommending Rath sets since 2nd Gen, if not earlier, but I'm not a huge fan from a fashion perspective.

One thing I loved about Gen were the improvements made to forging insect glaives. It was really lame how 4U had 3 insect glaives for the entirety of low rank. Granted, the poison one was OP as fuck, but it's not very Fashion Hunter if I can't select the exact flavor of tismstaff I want.
RAPEMAN wrote: