Smash Containment Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Smash Containment Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:39 pm

Having played around with Smash 3DS, I can say that the whole "use different klessik fighting game face button attacks depending on how hard you press the button"-gimmick is a bit annoying. What is this, Street Fighter 1?
Unlocking new moves once your damage is high enough sounds dope, though.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:11 pm

It's only really useful for fireballs. For other specials you'd only very situationally want to use the weakest version. Unless you whiff, of course.
What I do like about using the proper input for the strongest version is that it allows them to make those really powerful without fucking up the balance. The proper input Burn Knuckle hits real hard.
Also I can Buster Wolf fuckers in Smash. How awesome is that? It's everything I've ever wanted and more. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:29 pm

You can also swallow Terry as Kirby and have the pink glutton shout "Power Wave!" in his adorable voice.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:32 pm

It's a shame that Kirby otherwise is pretty bad in Ultimate. In some cases he can use the copied powers better than the actual character. Pretty awesome as well is that he can get Shulk's Monado arts that way.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:00 pm

The real question is does he ask if I'm okay?
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:16 pm

He never does, but you're not allowed to complain because he's non-binary.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:22 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:00 pm
Yes! Yes, he does. Are you okay? BUSTER WOLF!

Sadly no "Get serious!" as a taunt.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:41 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:22 pm
mad bum wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:00 pm
Yes! Yes, he does. Are you okay? BUSTER WOLF!

Sadly no "Get serious!" as a taunt.
Funny thing is, Ken has a "Get serious!" taunt.

Minor complaint about inputs; I wish they were only mapped to the special button, not the normal button. I've had a few situations where I've wanted my up tilt or up smash, but nope, I was crouching a second ago, so I get Rising Tackle.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:56 pm

Fair enough complaint. It is more plausible with the SF shotos where I exclusively use the A button because an unintentional hurricane kick is an easy SD.
For the non-Smashfags, it's much, much easier to get crossed up in Smash. Wanted a Shoryuken but some faggot just jumped over you? You get a Tatsu instead because Ryu turned around in the meantime so instead of shooting a fire ball to the right your dude is travelling to the left, likely off the stage. So that side B could kill you or at least cause you trouble. With the proper QCF+A command you have much more time to react and just not press A.

A question, though, Dingus. Why did you crouch? It does next to nothing in Smash and you really should have Tilts set to the C-Stick instead of Smash Attacks.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:13 pm

By the way, I completely forgot that each DLC character comes with a set of ghost cards you can collect and fight for. I'm having a blast wrecking shit with Terry right now. I just got all the SNK cards and am now getting the Dragon Quest and Banjo ones.
And Terry is strong as fuck! Not even of the usual "DLC character is OP so people buy him" kinda variety but just legit great for Smash by design.
Power Wave, Burn Knuckle, Crack Shoot, Power Dunk, Rising Tackle. Think of the angles those cover in progression. Ground, slightly elevated, short hop, jump in, above. Just like in KoF, all possible angles are covered by the specials alone, never mind you moving. Un-fucking-limited supers as well? Two of them? Fuck yes, please! Power Gaiser covers absolutely every jump in and many platforms, Buster Wolf is a straight forward face wrecker that can't be parried because it goes through those!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!