What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
User avatar
Guest

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Tue May 14, 2019 8:48 am

The game is bullshit and the controls are bugged, dude! 8-)

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 14316
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm

You'd think Bioware would've figured that shit out by the time they got around Cuckon Age.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.

User avatar
Guest

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 am
The difficulty on origins is completely fucked btw. Not just that it's too hard, but that there are spikes fucking everywhere.
Once the tutorial is done, and you finish recruiting Leliana and Sten, the difficulty shoots way the fuck up.
I don't remember how the game scales enemies but I'm pretty sure there are places you shouldn't go to in the beginning. Maybe you playing on too high of a difficulty?
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 am
Also, the first mage you get is not a fucking healer. She can learn heal but she doesn't start with it IIRC and has no other healing skills. So it's very likely that the first battles you get into after leaving the refugee town will be super fucking hard and wipe your party over and over.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 am
But the circle tower is fucking bullshit.
Never needed a healer in the beginning besides learning that one healing spell on Morrigan and at the circle tower you get to recruit a dedicated healer but that's way later into the game.

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 10655
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 15, 2019 11:36 am

Guest wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 am
The difficulty on origins is completely fucked btw. Not just that it's too hard, but that there are spikes fucking everywhere.
Once the tutorial is done, and you finish recruiting Leliana and Sten, the difficulty shoots way the fuck up.
I don't remember how the game scales enemies but I'm pretty sure there are places you shouldn't go to in the beginning. Maybe you playing on too high of a difficulty?
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 am
Also, the first mage you get is not a fucking healer. She can learn heal but she doesn't start with it IIRC and has no other healing skills. So it's very likely that the first battles you get into after leaving the refugee town will be super fucking hard and wipe your party over and over.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 am
But the circle tower is fucking bullshit.
Never needed a healer in the beginning besides learning that one healing spell on Morrigan and at the circle tower you get to recruit a dedicated healer but that's way later into the game.
Lol bruh, I know there are areas you shouldn't go early in the game. When I say the difficulty is fucked, I'm talking about shit you literally cannot avoid, like the ambush where you recruit Zevran. You get shoved into a cutscene, then flanked on 2 sides by 4 archer assassins protected by narrow paths covered in traps, while a main group of Zev and heavy hitters comes at you from the front. That encounter happens to you on the road, meaning it's unavoidable. A lot of the road encounters like that are extremely unfair. I kept getting one in early game against a drake and a bereskarn. :lol:

You can't learn Heal on Morrigan until she levels up and the difficulty spike happens right after you leave the Lothering refugee camp area, so she very likely won't have leveled yet. You'll only have 4 tactics slots for her too, so enjoy that shit. Even when she has heal, it's not enough to let you fight 12 genlocks, a hurlock alpha and an emissary at the same time. I'm on normal difficulty btw.

It's not as if I'm completely stuck and can't progress. I just think the game is full of bullshit difficulty spikes and ambushes. Even understanding a lot more of the systems now, I still think the game is BS. I did find that recruiting Shale and running a 2-tank team with Alistair works amazingly well. Maybe Shale is OP because he's dlc.
SpoilerShow
BTW the circle tower isn't "way later into the game." You can go there right after the refugee camp town and woe be unto you if you foolishly want to do so, even though the game gives you no warning about locking you into the hardest dungeon in the game.

User avatar
Guest

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Thu May 16, 2019 11:59 pm

Stooop, I already started watching DSP play DA:O. Don't pull me in any further :lol:

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 10655
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 17, 2019 1:15 am

Guest wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:59 pm
Stooop, I already started watching DSP play DA:O. Don't pull me in any further :lol:
Ha, I watched that recently and laughed my ass off. He picked a mage and gave his character full plate armor and a sword. So he couldn't cast for shit, had a long casting time and still took damage like a bitch. GG

User avatar
Guest

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Fri May 17, 2019 1:39 am

One of my big problems with watching Dave is he never plays games I care about and so I can't hate watch with maximum proficiency because I can't understand what he's doing wrong in games I haven't played unless it's really obvious.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman
Posts: 17782
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 17, 2019 1:56 am

Guest wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:39 am
One of my big problems with watching Dave is he never plays games I care about and so I can't hate watch with maximum proficiency because I can't understand what he's doing wrong in games I haven't played unless it's really obvious.
See, that's why I was so hyped about him playing Smash because then I could tell with expertize just how badly he was fucking up. Sadly, he barely played any multiplayer.
RedLine wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:21 am
Marzie desperately wants to feel ProJared's cock and everyone directly involved in the IN universe is an insane mess.
DHI.txt

A12
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: What are you playing?

Post by A12 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:23 am

Has anyone here played Company of Heroes 2?

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 14316
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 17, 2019 10:48 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:56 am
See, that's why I was so hyped about him playing Smash because then I could tell with expertize just how badly he was fucking up. Sadly, he barely played any multiplayer.
The best SSF2T player in all of Burgerland? Playing a fighting game against other people? Are you mad?!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest