Sure I'll plug my faggy shit here you cunts

Tell everyone about some crappy video you made on youtube (or whatever thing you made) and realise how talentless you really are.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Sure I'll plug my faggy shit here you cunts

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:51 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:04 am
DSP can't come close except with sf2. He's terrible at all other fighting games, pretty much ever.
Take any fighting game. ANY fighting game and play it for half a year. Even something you've never touched before. Play it for fun every other evening for an hour with the goal of getting somewhat okay at it. You'll be better than DSP. That's including SF2 and SF4, game he's played for years.
The boy just doesn't actually practice. His Dunning-Kruger effect is so fucking strong that he thinks he doesn't need to.

Tekken 7 was an absolutely wonderful display of that. The idiot picked Bob, guaranteed because he heard that Bob was top tier in TTT2, learned two basic combos but never even attempted to try and play Tekken. That's what makes it so incredible! Characters are different but all Tekken characters play Tekken. You don't learn a character, you learn Tekken and then much later eventually a character. He never got that. Instead, he gets sweeped by some Lilly over fifteen times in a match and doesn't even notice it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:55 am

That's definitely true. I've hopped around from character to character in tekken and sometimes I wonder if I'm actually any better at the game. But there are certain fundamentals of tekken that carry over between characters. Very few characters in tekken force you to play a completely different game. And there are certain characters like Miguel and Leo who play such a fundamental game of Tekken that there really is no "gimmick stuff" to learn with them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:23 pm

And some characters have such good moves that you can skip most of their move list entirely. Dragunov is a good example.
Aris made a tournament tier list the other day and I found much truth in his words. Strong tools and easy decision making where his top priority because you don't have much time to figure the oponent out in a best of three. I find that very plausible.
Jack for example isn't overpowered at all. He's very basic and as of yet anyone but Saint has to really make him work. But outside of super mega top level play? He does very well because the decision making is easy. Same with Dragunov. When in doubt, running 2.

If we're talking deathmatches, I'd say that King is top tier. His tool box is so varied that you can attack any weakness a player may have. Jin would be another pick of mine. He's a Mishima anti-Mishima and can play wildly different styles, allowing you to adapt. That's when one trick ponies like Jack really fall off. Also the reason why Saint and JDCR fell a bit off. Several people have figured them out. I always thought that JDCR should've stuck with Heihachi anyway but what do I know.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:18 pm

I should give tekken a pirate, last one I played was 4.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:23 pm
And some characters have such good moves that you can skip most of their move list entirely. Dragunov is a good example.
Aris made a tournament tier list the other day and I found much truth in his words. Strong tools and easy decision making where his top priority because you don't have much time to figure the oponent out in a best of three. I find that very plausible.
Jack for example isn't overpowered at all. He's very basic and as of yet anyone but Saint has to really make him work. But outside of super mega top level play? He does very well because the decision making is easy. Same with Dragunov. When in doubt, running 2.

If we're talking deathmatches, I'd say that King is top tier. His tool box is so varied that you can attack any weakness a player may have. Jin would be another pick of mine. He's a Mishima anti-Mishima and can play wildly different styles, allowing you to adapt. That's when one trick ponies like Jack really fall off. Also the reason why Saint and JDCR fell a bit off. Several people have figured them out. I always thought that JDCR should've stuck with Heihachi anyway but what do I know.
Aris' tier lists are always godlike. He prioritizes what's practical in real play. He disregards 100 round deathmatch and "theoretical" top tiers like Nina. The best character is the best one that a normal human (as dsp would say) can play in a hugely stressful environment like a tournament or high-stakes match.

Characters like Dragunov.... In TTT2 and T6 I wouldn't say this, but it really seems like in T7 he hardly has to even play Tekken at all. His game is basically running 2 vs down 2. Maybe mixup with throw. That's all I see anyone do with him even at the very highest levels. Even JDCR plays this way.

Heihachi is a lot more technical than Dragunov. I think JDCR isn't confident in his ability to instant electric in tournaments. Heihachi also has a lot more stuff to remember. I don't play Heihachi but he's the Mishima that seems to have the most to remember whenever I do fuck around with him. He has a lot of situational moves and pokes that are too good not to use. + you have to do all his electrics and mishima shit. He even has stances iirc.

Devil Jin is also dominating in tournaments because he's so good. He has a lot of moves but you really only need a couple. Back 4, ff2, EWGF, cd1, hellsweep and you're doing good.

I'm getting tired of seeing Jack for the same reason as Dragunov. I see him used a lot in the same way too. People use ff1 in place of dragunov's running 2 and they mash down 1 or whatever that move is for the low mixup.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comment ... urnaments/

^I agree that Jack is ruining tournaments but we're finally starting to see people like lil majin get into top 8 with interesting characters. I'm sick of seeing 3 drags and 3 jacks in top 8.

BTW my main in tekken games that don't have Armor King is Jin, so obviously I do agree with you that Jin is really good. :lol: I like how he uses mishima tools but doesn't use them in the same way in a lot of cases. Basically he plays very close to Armor King and I like that. Jin is one of those characters that lets you do very well playing the basic game of Tekken. He's super strong in neutral with pokes and his crouch dash still forces a mixup like mishimas do. But mostly I love the way his moves feel. The impacts are super crunchy even by Tekken standards and moves like demon paw and electric wind hook fist look and feel awesome to do.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:24 am

I just feel like JDCR has degenerated with Dragunov. All relative his his standards, of course. His Heihachi was kino and had he stuck with him he wouldn't drop electrics ever by now. He used to be feared but now he's just another guy. America is catching up really fast and by now I'd say that more people are worried about P.Ling and Little Majin than him.
Because Ling and King have a much broader tool box and those two are actually experienced enough to use them. With JDCR playing Dragunov you know exactly what you'll get. That's even worse for his team mate Saint with Jack.

Decision making becomes relative as the game progresses and T7's competitive scene is actually growing instead of shrinking. Dragunov has easy decisions because of strong moves. Conversely, the opponent hardly has to guess what you're up to, making his decisions easier as well.
I think Dragunov will fall short more and more and end up where Claudio is. You already hardly see a Dragunov other than JDCR in top 8 in the big tournaments.
Being simple but strong in Tekken is roughly what heavyweights are in Smash. Thought to be mega strong at first but eventually outpaced once people start to know how to deal with their predictable strong stuff. What's left isn't worth worrying about.

Most underrated character in my opinion is Kazuya. He has mad potential. His punishes are much harsher than Jack or Dragunov's. Harder to execute, maybe, but time will fix that.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:40 am

Is Xiaoyu still top tier according to people?
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:27 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:24 am
I just feel like JDCR has degenerated with Dragunov. All relative his his standards, of course. His Heihachi was kino and had he stuck with him he wouldn't drop electrics ever by now. He used to be feared but now he's just another guy. America is catching up really fast and by now I'd say that more people are worried about P.Ling and Little Majin than him.
Because Ling and King have a much broader tool box and those two are actually experienced enough to use them. With JDCR playing Dragunov you know exactly what you'll get. That's even worse for his team mate Saint with Jack.

Decision making becomes relative as the game progresses and T7's competitive scene is actually growing instead of shrinking. Dragunov has easy decisions because of strong moves. Conversely, the opponent hardly has to guess what you're up to, making his decisions easier as well.
I think Dragunov will fall short more and more and end up where Claudio is. You already hardly see a Dragunov other than JDCR in top 8 in the big tournaments.
Being simple but strong in Tekken is roughly what heavyweights are in Smash. Thought to be mega strong at first but eventually outpaced once people start to know how to deal with their predictable strong stuff. What's left isn't worth worrying about.

Most underrated character in my opinion is Kazuya. He has mad potential. His punishes are much harsher than Jack or Dragunov's. Harder to execute, maybe, but time will fix that.
The thing that always hurts Kazuya is lack of pokes, though. He punishes very well, but so does every main Mishima. I'm not saying he's bad, just that it's a lot of technical skill for a character who won't pay off as well as Heihachi or Devil Jin. Kazuya really doesn't have much he can poke with or panic button. And anyone who plays Kazuya can easily switch to another Mishima. In my opinion, that's why you see a lot of Devil Jin at tournaments now. He's the widely-considered strongest (traditional) Mishima (he usually is in most tekken games he appears in.)

JDCR going Dragunov was a super tier whore move. JDCR played mostly mishimas and armor king in ttt2. I hope he gets bodied a bunch until he finally switches away, because the way he plays dragunov is cancer to watch. Same for the ff1 Jacks.

Mad Bum: Yes, xiaoyu is still strong. Her art of pheonix shit breaks a lot of rules. But she's a very complicated character.

IIRC the last evo had Alisa. It was neat to see a character like that in top eight.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:24 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
America is catching up really fast and by now I'd say that more people are worried about P.Ling and Little Majin than him.
Majin finished 13th in a recent tournament that pretty much only had American players. In the comments of one video where he was sent to losers bracket to a Leo people noticed that Majin doesn't know his match ups well at all, and that the characters he has recently lost to are all recent additions he is not used to facing being an old school player. He better get practising because while he is entertaining as fuck to watch people will counterpick him with new characters he isn't used to and body him.
Kugelfisch wrote:
I just feel like JDCR has degenerated with Dragunov. All relative his his standards, of course. His Heihachi was kino and had he stuck with him he wouldn't drop electrics ever by now. He used to be feared but now he's just another guy.
It's what he gets for being a dirty little tier whore. He's like Daigo using Guile in SF5, though in that case Daigo at least has the excuse of Ryu being beyond fucking shit in that game.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:03 pm
Heihachi also has a lot more stuff to remember. I don't play Heihachi but he's the Mishima that seems to have the most to remember whenever I do fuck around with him. He has a lot of situational moves and pokes that are too good not to use. + you have to do all his electrics and mishima shit.
I find this weird as a Steve player since I tried to learn Heihachi more seriously as a backup option for Steve since Steve has fuck all low options and I found him extremely simple by comparison. A lot of people can't be fucked learning Steve and to be honest if he was a new character in 7 I wouldn't bother either but I liked him in 4 because he was different and have just gotten used to him over the years so learning some extra stance shit and weaves with him wasn't hard. Steve has so many options for combos compared to other characters it's fucking insane, he's a character I can keep fucking around with and I will find new shit to use with him. The only problem is that he should be used defensively despite his attacking options being cool as fuck because if you go all out attack your opponent can just stand there pressing nothing to block all your cool shit and all you can do for the most part is poke them low. Steve probably has more mid and high options than any other character by far and if he was given more low combos he would be Meta Knight levels of OP, but fuck me when you counter someone with Steve and apply pressure they are straight up fucked for the round.

Paul I found is extremely simple, way more so than Heihachi. He really is just a heavy hitter, you won't be doing too many flashy combos or stances with him but all you really need is a Phoenix Smasher or two and you've won anyway :lol:

I've been playing the original Tekken Tag and while it's fun to discover tag juggles in a way it's so shit how old fighting games told you fucking nothing about the in depth mechanics available. At least in 7 it tells you if the move will corkscrew or stop sidestepping, in Tekken Tag you have no idea if certain juggle moves can be tagged out since some of them don't. And the tag throw for each character is hidden as well, I had to google that shit. Imagine playing some of these games without seeing higher level play, it's weird looking back and realising you knew fuck all about some old games.

I must say though that Jun was a great character and it's a shame she was dropped. The slow flow of her movements is unique amongst Tekken characters and can throw new people off like Eddy did in Tekken 3, and she had a lot of options for high, mid and low moves in her combos. Tekken 3 Jin is interesting to tag with her since he has half of her moves along with the Mishima shit, OG Jin was a very creative character mixing her moveset with Kazuya's while making him feel unique.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:08 am

Jun was supposedly replaced by Asuka, but not really tbh. They're both in TTT2 and you can see that Jun is pretty different. They share some of the same moves, but not all.

If you're a Steve main then yeah, Heihachi is going to feel a lot less complicated. But I don't think Steve's execution requires instant electrics and some of the crazy shit that mishimas do. I've seen kazuya mains do 4 instant electrics in a single combo. I play a bit of Bryan and Bryan is another character who seems easy at the basic level until you start looking at taunt jet upper and some of his crazy shit.

It probably doesn't help Majin that he plays King. With legacy characters, everyone already knows everything about them and what they can do. It's like playing Zangief in every street fighter game. Whereas if you play Kazumi, Shaheen or Geese, there's a much better chance people won't have had the lab time to figure out your character.

Daigo has no excuse for using Guile tbh. He's boring as fuck to watch and he could just use Akuma if he wants a high tier shoto.
RAPEMAN wrote: