Youtube Channels You Like, But Not Worth Their Own Thread

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Youtube Channels You Like, But Not Worth Their Own Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:55 pm

I like Larsen Halleck's channel. He's a based hapa-American that's into history, martial arts, and fitness. My favorites are his videos on martial arts frauds called "Kung-Fails".
https://www.youtube.com/@LarsenHalleck

He does livestreams every Saturday which are criminally under-watched.
Here's the link to tomorrow's live stream.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:50 pm

I find this "Tasting History" fella pretty comfy.
Mind you, he's one of those YTers who likes to shill stuff and seems to have an obsession with "hiding" Pokemon plushies in the background, but that's about the most offensive thing I can say about the guy.

Dude's basically cooking various historical dishes, which can already require plenty of research 'cause recipes from the Middle Ages or Ancient Rome have a tendency to be a bit vague (usually by virtue of not being written down by cooks themselves). He also likes to talk about the general time and place the dish was from, with quite a bit of food-related quotes and reports from the period itself.
It's generally quite fascinating IMO, since you rarely get to hear about the olden days from the culinary perspective.

Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:35 pm

Tasting History is genuinely well-made. It's a great topic, he provides relevant history and despite being a probably gay ex-Disney "Imagineer" he doesn't inject any politics or other annoying shit into the videos.

An odd recommendation:
Some Japanese guy from Brooklyn reviewing canned fish, mostly sardines.

He's like a hipster version of me. Loves pinball, sardines and synthesisers. It's difficult to say why it's entertaining but the guys pretty cool in a positively weird way.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:44 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:35 pm
It's a great topic, he provides relevant history and despite being a probably gay ex-Disney "Imagineer" he doesn't inject any politics or other annoying shit into the videos.
Being a slave to identity politics would just reduce the amount of stuff that would be halal for him to cook ('cause white people cooking stuff invented by non-whites is problematic) :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:51 pm

I also don't know what his deal is anyway. He's clearly soft but he could also not be gay. He clearly doesn't have a strong political bias, which is a good thing for anything involving history.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:25 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:50 pm
I find this "Tasting History" fella pretty comfy.
Mind you, he's one of those YTers who likes to shill stuff and seems to have an obsession with "hiding" Pokemon plushies in the background, but that's about the most offensive thing I can say about the guy.

Dude's basically cooking various historical dishes, which can already require plenty of research 'cause recipes from the Middle Ages or Ancient Rome have a tendency to be a bit vague (usually by virtue of not being written down by cooks themselves). He also likes to talk about the general time and place the dish was from, with quite a bit of food-related quotes and reports from the period itself.
It's generally quite fascinating IMO, since you rarely get to hear about the olden days from the culinary perspective.

He’s crossed over with Townsends so that’s pretty based.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:48 am

Yup, kinda a supplementary channel. Townshends is super comfy.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:48 am
Yup, kinda a supplementary channel. Townshends is super comfy.
Agreed 100%. He makes me want to sit by a cozy cabin fire and make stew while listening to his videos.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:43 pm

Max is as gay as they come, I think it was in his first year of videos where he mentioned his then-fiancee- now mexican husband. His apolitical, charming air is most tolerable though. I only had to raise my eyebrow about a month ago when he invited some fat nigger not for insightful chatting, but defacto lissen up when de supperior blag man speekz!

Always fond of I start my day with a cereal made from tree sap and nutmeg Townshend, too :3
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:16 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:43 pm
Max is as gay as they come
Ah, glad my gaydar still works. Anyway, I don't mind it. He's a good presenter and seems very genuine about the topic of historical recipes.
I'd rather have a well put together gay guy talk about food than some fat spurdo.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!