Fatphobia Containment Thread

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fatphobia Containment Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 pm

As a hobby ornithologist, the last one is especially offensive. Their English name is so funny, I wonder how anyone couldn't have at least made the obvious "Hey, look at those tits!" joke at least once before.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:14 pm

The Americans apparently also like to call them chickadees, which while less funny is more whimsical.

And I dunno about you guys in the New World, but tits are effectively the most common small birds over here next to sparrows. Not knowing what the fuck they are is just bizarre.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:22 pm

Any other order of bird is less common than sparrows. Birds are actually sorted between "sparrows" (Passeriformes) and "not sparrows" (Nonpasseriformes), that's how large the order is.

But you'd be surprised how many people don't know jack fucking shit about birds at all.
I have unironically heard people thinking, more than once, that: the black "blackbird" and brown "blackbird" are two different species; confusing starlings for blackbirds; not being able to tell a crane from a stork.

Without fail it's always people that only care about their personal, high-school-level bullshit that don't know nothing about anything and walk through life utterly oblivious about their surroundings.
People that couldn't name the closest planet to Sol or what "Sol" even is.
People that couldn't recognise a single kind of tree.
People that don't know what the tide is.
People that speculate on a thunderstorm on a consistently cold winter day, just because they spot dark clouds.
People that don't know or care about anything not pertaining to their immediate social circle.

They always know what the current newest iPhone is or when Stephany got a new haircut, though.
I can't even begin to describe how insufferable I find that particular kind of "Last Human" normalfag.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 am

I don't know anything about birds, except how to appreciate them living around and to leave them alone.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:22 pm

People that don't know what the tide is.
Tide goes in, tide goes out! You can't explain that!

The phenomenon you're describing should be called "cityfagging." It's when you have a very small level of interest in anything outside of the confines of city living.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:40 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 am
I don't know anything about birds, except how to appreciate them living around and to leave them alone.
You should educate yourself about birds. They have some of the best tits in the animal kingdom.
SpoilerShow
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 pm

I'm not a washed out Mashable winner, so I do appreciate our little feathered friends. I just don't have the right kind of autism to bother learning everything about them.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 pm

I'm not extreme about it. After all, I don't know all names of the breeds of cows here either.
But some fuckers can't identify a swan or a pigeon. That's just incredible to me. You see them every day.

Never has it been easier to inform yourself about what is going on in your surroundings and never have people been more comfortable with being absolutely ignorant about it.
But dumb shit that doesn't matter at all, that they know of. Like having never-ending conversations about nothing with three people at the same time.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!