Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:34 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:57 am
That said, peasants did have certain rights, as I said.
rabidtictac wrote:
All rights only exist to the extent they are backed up by violence or the threat of violence. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.
And there you said it. Rights on paper somewhere in the king's castle. We didn't have a king, we had an emperor and he didn't have full reign over the "nation". If some duke wanted to fuck with you, he had all the means and all the rights to do so. After all, what were you going to do even if you actually had those rights? No way to enforce them = Your rights don't exist.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:23 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:34 am
rabidtictac wrote:
That said, peasants did have certain rights, as I said.
rabidtictac wrote:
All rights only exist to the extent they are backed up by violence or the threat of violence. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.
And there you said it. Rights on paper somewhere in the king's castle. We didn't have a king, we had an emperor and he didn't have full reign over the "nation". If some duke wanted to fuck with you, he had all the means and all the rights to do so. After all, what were you going to do even if you actually had those rights? No way to enforce them = Your rights don't exist.
Well, if some duke fucked up the peasants' ability to work and bring in wealth for the kingdom, that duke would get fucked by the higher authority, such as an emperor or king. To that extent, and no other, the peasants DID have rights. They had the rights that if someone fucked them over so hard the lack of income generated by them pissed off the nobles, the nobles would go roflstomp the shit out of the person doing the fucking.

And this did happen. It's one of the reasons for the Crusades. Bored second sons and nobles were raping and pillaging in their own kingdoms, which pissed off the Church and outraged the populace. The military culture of the feudal era needed an outwards entity to focus their energies on.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 am

Nah, not really. A peasent didn't have jack shit for rights. A noble had obligations, sure, but he could still fuck you up as much as he pleased. He couldn't mess with everyone's shit, so as to not fulfil his obligations, but if he thought you were particularly funny to fuck with he could do with you whatever he wanted.
You may as well tell a kid that gets bullied that he should take solace to the fact that the jocks can't bully everyone. That'll surely make getting flushed more comfortable.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:30 pm

I guess he could theoretically get revenge if he somehow managed to meet someone of the higher echelon. Not very likely to happen, though. Probably have to be at least an artisan for nobility to give a damn.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu May 17, 2018 2:03 am

https://gizmodo.com/senate-votes-to-sav ... 1826054197
In a monumental decision that will resonate through election season, the U.S. Senate on Wednesday voted 52-47 to reinstate the net neutrality protections the Federal Communications Commission decided to repeal last December.

For months, procedural red tape has delayed the full implementation of the FCC’s decision to drop Title II protections that prevent internet service providers from blocking or throttling online content. Last week, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai confirmed that the repeal of the 2015 Open Internet Order would go into effect on June 11. But Democrats put forth a resolution to use its power under the Congressional Review Act (CRA) to review new regulations by federal agencies through an expedited legislative process.

Under the CRA, only a simple majority is needed to pass legislation. With Republican Senator John McCain currently hospitalized and all Democrats on board, only a single Republican needed to vote in favor of restoring net neutrality rules. However, Senators Susan Collins, John Kennedy, and Lisa Murkowski all broke from their GOP colleagues and ensured that the resolution passed.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu May 17, 2018 4:52 am

I kinda came around to the NN camp more fully, so I think this is a good thing it's still around in concept.

They way I understood NN to begin with was that only a few ISP's had a physical presence in most areas via infrastructure etc and would bully out other companies, then inflate prices and throttle connections to squeeze money out of their subscribers who would just have to deal with it or use dial-up.

NN was put into place to keep these practices in check as there was apparently multiple cases where it was discovered an ISP performed such fucked up actions on it's paying customers.

Now... given all that, is there a facet of this I'm missing? Because I've seen Google Fiber get booted by Comcast when I lived in Denver when they tried to set up shop. That and aren't most of the major ISP's flat out owned by Comcast while retaining their names to give the illusion of choice?

Hit me with some facts.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 am

The best part is the ISP's were saying they are on our side, but when state governments were enacting there own NN all the ISP's said they were planning to sue the states.

NN needs to stay, those fuckers are probably fuming mad right now that they can't charge me 20 burger dollars to download games on steam.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 17, 2018 7:17 am

It's a good decision but I'm surprised to see democrats supporting net neutrality. Shillary Cunton tried to crack down on the internet multiple times. She fully supports every website being as cucked as facebook and banning all conservative speakers from every platform. When I see the same DNC that has done all the shady shit I know about suddenly coming out to unilaterally support net neutrality, I wonder what about this I'm not understanding. What angle are they working here? Why would SJWs want net neutrality?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 am

My bet would be for 2020.

Look we saved the internet from those ebil republicans! Vote for me!
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Thu May 17, 2018 3:42 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:52 am
They way I understood NN to begin with was that only a few ISP's had a physical presence in most areas via infrastructure etc and would bully out other companies, then inflate prices and throttle connections to squeeze money out of their subscribers who would just have to deal with it or use dial-up.

NN was put into place to keep these practices in check as there was apparently multiple cases where it was discovered an ISP performed such fucked up actions on it's paying customers.

Now... given all that, is there a facet of this I'm missing?
There has to be because I notice the same issues over here. You have Cox Communications and some other company out of the next town over and nothing else. Google even has a physical building on the edge of town, here, and won't set up anything because Cox pitches a fit over it every time.

Maybe there's something in coastal cities that I'm not seeing here in the midwest.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man