Hollywood Rape General

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: Hollywood Rape General

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:00 am
CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 pm
Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Smallville bitch has been arrested.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... se-1104575
I saw that. I knew that show was trash. Just confirms.
Because non-sequitors make sense?
Name one episode of that show where Superman doesn't bitch about having awesome super powers while somehow still managing to be cucked left and right.

The terrible villains of the week were shite as well.

Also every woman is written to be "strong and independent" yet is always rescued and never learns.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:44 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am
Also every woman is written to be "strong and independent" yet is always rescued and never learns.
So it's a very realistic show is what you're saying?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 pm

"Smallville" a Superman show with no Superman
"Gotham" a Batman show with no Batman

Why should I watch either of these shows again?
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:57 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:00 am
CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 pm

I saw that. I knew that show was trash. Just confirms.
Because non-sequitors make sense?
Name one episode of that show where Superman doesn't bitch about having awesome super powers while somehow still managing to be cucked left and right.

The terrible villains of the week were shite as well.

The quality of the show has nothing to do with whatever stupid shit the actors of it get up to years later. Hence, non-sequitor.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 pm
"Smallville" a Superman show with no Superman
"Gotham" a Batman show with no Batman

Why should I watch either of these shows again?
Smallville HAD Superman. He even went to Metropolis and worked at the Daily Planet and everything.
They just didn't want to show him (or any character) with the costumes and names. Almost as if they were embarrassed by it, or just wanted to be cool enough for the WB/CW when it was airing. Funnily enough, the original creators who had this idea quit the show a few seasons in without explanation.

Gotham is even worse. The producers flat out admitted that they wanted a superhero show but have everyone look normal.
Initially, Heller said he was hesitant about doing a series about superheroes, telling website Digital Spy that "I don't really know how to write about people with super powers". Further elaborating to Entertainment Weekly that "I don't think Batman works very well on TV", adding that "Frankly, all those superhero stories I've seen, I always love them until they get into the costume", noting that at that point "they've stopped becoming humans."
So it's just James Gordon running around dealing with all these villains without gadgets or cool powers. And somehow, this show has survived long enough with enough idiots watching to fill 85 episodes.
The only reason they have a fourth season is because Bruce Wayne is now running around the rooftops wearing a ninja mask and Solomon Grundy and potions and weird shit again.

I hate these shows that are embarrassed to be what they are. They just churn out episodes to get people to string along watching in the hopes that it will be incrementally better; and when it doesn't, they'll have suckered people into watching dozens of hours and vested in it all enough to 'keep going until it ends.'
The cartoon was only half as many episodes as this--shorter each episode--yet arguably better in every conceivable way.

I think you Euros have it right with your short series. I would rather watch 13 episodes of high quality than 100+ of mental junk food garbage.*

*See for reference: Battlestar Galactica
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Fuck, I never thought about that. DC's had that embarrassment about their source material since Smallville, long before Bravo Nolan came around.
All TV shows and movies, even the good ones, are kinda stupid. But big money is going into this shit so we can't have fun anymore less we offend advertisers and the brainlet audience.
All the good TV shows knew when to fuck off. Never watch any of these long runners until they're over and you know when they go to shit.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:00 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 pm
I hate these shows that are embarrassed to be what they are.
That's why I loved Spartacus: Blood & Sand. That show knew exactly what it was and was unapologetic about it. Soap opera for men. Tits, violence, bromance. It's a shame the actor died and his replacement wasn't as good, nor did the break in production do the writing any good.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Excuses excuses. The reason you don't see Superman being Superman on Smallville, or actual villains and heroes on Gotham is budget. It's cheaper and faster to make a soap opera with occasional half-assed shootouts than to plan out an epic story with elaborate fight scenes and quality special effects.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 pm
Excuses excuses. The reason you don't see Superman being Superman on Smallville, or actual villains and heroes on Gotham is budget. It's cheaper and faster to make a soap opera with occasional half-assed shootouts than to plan out an epic story with elaborate fight scenes and quality special effects.
But... there are a whole bunch of DC (and Marvel) Super Hero TV shows on right now. It can be done. Batman doesn't even have any superpowers and wouldn't increase the budget much.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:16 pm

The SFX in capeshit are terrible anyway, even in the actual flagship movies.