Youtube

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Dingus Bajingus

Re: Youtube

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:08 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:12 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:22 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:21 pm
There's only one "timeline" dumbass.
This. Can we please fucking kill anybody who uses this absolutely fucking insufferable meme?
Hating on memes? This truly is the darkest timeline.
mad bum wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:39 am
I try not to judge people on appearances, but is he doing that bucktooth fishmouth shit on purpose? It's fucking distracting as hell.
>"Sue me, vitch."

And of course YT is now blowing up with "oh no i might lose my channel here are all the other ways you can give me money" videos, so good luck finding anyone talking any sense about this whole thing. Lockstin's take is actually pretty good. Not as much "creators work SO SO SO HARD U GUYS" as I expect the others are filled with, and he points out a couple decently interesting bits:
-Even if it's not enforced too harshly beyond cracking down on "Elsa Spiderman PEE ect" at first, it still establishes a dynamic where the big boys (YT itself, rights holders and even the government) could selectively enforce whatever at any time, and that's an uncomfortable amount of power.
-"Just create a new platform" isn't really an option, because it's all based on compliance with federal law, and any other platform will be subject to the same shit.
He also calls out MatPat for being mum on this, despite having made videos about way less important YT-related shit, so that's fun, too.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:40 am

When I was younger people were always talking about how the internet is the wild west and eventually it'd be tamed.

Now it's being tamed and people are acting like that's totally unexpected.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:52 pm

As much as INs claim they have a totally real and professional job, they reeee at the prospect of having to take responsibility like an adult.

Though dunno if that will stop those "ELSA vs HITLER FINGER FAMILY PEE" videos, since I think most of them aren't made by Burgers.
Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:08 am
I try not to judge people on appearances, but is he doing that bucktooth fishmouth shit on purpose? It's fucking distracting as hell.
He's just a character, kinda like the AVGN. It's supposed to be distracting, since his gimmick is that he's a derpy IN parody.
I would've figured this was obvious by his deliberately annoying voice or the fact his full name is Peter Ferschlonger.
Even if it's not enforced too harshly beyond cracking down on "Elsa Spiderman PEE ect" at first, it still establishes a dynamic where the big boys (YT itself, rights holders and even the government) could selectively enforce whatever at any time, and that's an uncomfortable amount of power.
The big boys always had total power. It just became a bit more obvious.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:37 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:52 pm
As much as INs claim they have a totally real and professional job, they reeee at the prospect of having to take responsibility like an adult.

Though dunno if that will stop those "ELSA vs HITLER FINGER FAMILY PEE" videos, since I think most of them aren't made by Burgers.
I don't know shit about how all of this works legally, but the fact that Youtube itself is US-based and therefore must comply with US law probably gives them incentive to make sure their userbase is in line, too regardless of where on the globe they are. I guess this is what happens when communications technology develops more quickly than international law does.
He's just a character, kinda like the AVGN. It's supposed to be distracting, since his gimmick is that he's a derpy IN parody.
I would've figured this was obvious by his deliberately annoying voice or the fact his full name is Peter Ferschlonger.
I was kinda hoping so, for his sake. I've heard equally annoying and distracting tics from people who aren't parodies, so I can never be sure anymore.
The big boys always had total power. It just became a bit more obvious.
True, true. We've seen shit like this happen before, with all the "---pocalypses" things, Lindsay complaining that Patreon takes a cut of the money for the service they provide, ect. I guess it's a matter of degrees. There's a difference between "Youtube might take down this video if I derp and let something in against the TOS" and "Youtube and the government might fine my ass 42,000 dollarinoes if I don't mark my all-ages Mario Lore video as being just for kids, even though it isn't."

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:42 am

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
mad bum wrote:
My very dearest tism cat shills a lot of garbo YT IN faggots. But this one I'll fully back him up on. That Peter faggot is legit funny and yes, he does that stupid look on purpose.

phpBB [video]
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:39 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:42 am
Dingus Bajingus wrote:
mad bum wrote:
My very dearest tism cat shills a lot of garbo YT IN faggots. But this one I'll fully back him up on. That Peter faggot is legit funny and yes, he does that stupid look on purpose.
Fair enough. I checked out his bideo about the Genesis Dracula game, and yeah, I can appreciate this. Kinda reminds me of Third Rate Gamer, only more taking the piss out of the whole concept, rather than just ol' Bores.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:19 pm

They (YouTube) have been festering assclowns for so long, and yet I've decided to keep using their service
This guy speaks of the Truth.

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:25 am

Soooo it seems there's an exception to coppa regarding the age of viewers watching videos, that exception that Youtube kept hidden until now as explain by this lawyer.

[youtube][/youtube]

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:05 am

>trusting lolyers
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:47 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:05 am
>trusting lolyers
Never trust one you don't pay or know of his residence.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!