Youtube

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
rabidtictac

Re: Youtube

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:02 am

The judge outright mentioned two DHI talking points btw:

-YouTube has a ''contract'' (probably their ToS) that allows them to change/control the terms of monetization aka you are not entitled to x rate of pay for every y shitpost video. To look at it another way, you cannot force advertisers to give you money

-YouTube is hosting your videos AT THEIR COST, and one of the conditions of that is having some amount of usership rights over the videos you upload. Not saying they own them outright, but I don't remember the exact words the judge used

So the judge mentioned stuff we've talked about, which was funny. ZGB's shitty butthurt suit was full of assumptions in the first place, like assuming an unwritten contract law thing for commiefornia was strong enough to outright contradict explicit stated terms of YouTube ToS, or assuming that they had some entitlement to a minimum income when they never went through a hiring process.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:49 am

What made that cuck even think he had a contract with YT in the first place? The only contractual actions between YT and them was when they agreed with YT's TOS by using the website.
Good to see that not only did he lose, he, and by proxy hundreds of other deadbeat YT faggots, got told to "The fuck outta here with that gay shit!", putting a leaden coffin on their Chernobyl level autism hissy fit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:23 am

I hope it sets a precedent and youtube is encouraged by this ruling. 8^)

Time to start the mass demonetization of all these let's player fags.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:05 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:23 am
I hope it sets a precedent and youtube is encouraged by this ruling. 8^)
That's what I was hoping as well, this is a big deal for google because they know they are in the right now, and will continue demonetizing smaller channels that don't do anything other than take money.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:09 am

They've always known it. You don't think they don't have a massive legal department, do you?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:52 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:49 am
What made that cuck even think he had a contract with YT in the first place? The only contractual actions between YT and them was when they agreed with YT's TOS by using the website.
This is what gets me the most about these guys. They feel so entitled and like having the high ground - without anything to back it up. YT has no reason at all to give a single shit about their income or living standards. I bet the vast majority of them has never even interacted with any sort of "YT employer".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mistermott

Post by mistermott » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:18 am

didn't this "I'm gonna do lets play and video games for a living" die off pretty much after 2010?

Unless your really big and have the fans. no one is gonna make it long in this day.
There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Let's Plays are mostly dead, yeah. Unless you're really big you won't be able to make a living from that stuff. There are still too many around that can.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Streaming is the new lets plays, and thats why twitch turned into the massive cess pool that it is now and are "actively" trying to fix it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 pm

The reason for Twitch being a pile of shit is titty streamers. Never allow cunts in your hobby.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!