Youtube

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Youtube

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:16 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:52 am
Srsly? Monetizing your precious family memories? Dafuq?!
More like whoring out your children like some lunatic child beauty pageant mom. I intensely despise those people. Actual low lifes.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:37 am

Keemstar's take.

I dunno, this reminds me of the (mostly untrue) pedo panic that killed USENET back in the day.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:45 am

BASED pedophiles are killing YouTube. Now they have to kill 4chan and I'll finally be free.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:26 am

When it comes to pedos online, I subscribe to the theory that Doge Stanhope posited over a decade ago in the Myspace-era when he said something to the effect of that "MOST LIKELY... NOBODY wants to fuck your kid".

If you're a parent and you feel the need to post a video to Youtube of your ten-year-old practicing gymnastics, most likely you and your child are perfectly safe. Most likely, nobody is jerking off or trying to contact you or leaving gross comments.

Whatever pedo panic is happening is an overreaction.

But there are still creeps out there and I think that the reason why the Matt Watson video went viral is because it showed a side of Youtube that most people don't even think about.

Me, I use Youtube to listen to music and find recipes and watch documentaries and listen to ridiculous blowhards.

Kiddie videos and the small percentage of them with creepy comments were off my radar. It was interesting to see, even if, yeah, the guy now comes off as an opportunist.

Last edited by Lindsay's Liver on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:03 am

Pedophiles aren't picky. IRL they will take the opportunity no matter what kinda Gollum you've raised.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:14 am

The pedoshit on youtube was worrying more because the youtube algorithm was working in favor of the pedos and allowing them to more easily find videos of kids. It was basically bringing together isolated pedos and forming communities out of them in the comment sections.

That's an issue youtube could have addressed in many different ways. Most obvious would just be to ban anyone who gets reported and is found to have made pro-pedo comments on videos of little kids. But that would be labor-intensive. Or they could have reworked the bot to exclude certain types of content from the youtube suggestions algorithm. Maybe anything tagged as "kids," "kids modeling," "kids athetics" etc could have been excluded from the algorithm, suggestions and youtube search.

But youtube would rather be seen doing something than to actually do something. Which is perfectly fine for me, because the end result is a bunch of moneyfags are getting screwed out of money. YouTube isn't doing the "right" thing in terms of stopping pedos. If you even CAN stop pedos from being pedos on the internet. They'll always find somewhere to gather. But the salt this monetization change will hopefully generate will keep my fries tasty for years.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:26 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:37 am
I dunno, this reminds me of the (mostly untrue) pedo panic that killed USENET back in the day.
That shit killed Yahoo chat, too.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:35 am

If we killed off every social thing that had the possibility of having the dregs of society on them then we'd have nothing left.

Church, school, and most jobs would be part of that list, too.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:39 am

Pepsi Man wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:35 am
If we killed off every social thing that had the possibility of having the dregs of society on them then we'd have nothing left.

Only DHI would survive.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:57 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:39 am
Pepsi Man wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:35 am

Only DHI would survive.
... And that's a GOOD thing.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome