Youtube

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Youtube

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:42 pm
Your idea is so plausible I'm surprised they haven't done it already.
What are they waiting for? More pressure to break up big tech?
I think they're still trying to figure out how to contain the tsunami of butthurt that this move would generate.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:47 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:11 pm
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:42 pm
Your idea is so plausible I'm surprised they haven't done it already.
What are they waiting for? More pressure to break up big tech?
I think they're still trying to figure out how to contain the tsunami of butthurt that this move would generate.
Oh yeah, they would all totally leave and go to dailymotion. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's be real here, they'd just fucking take it up the ass and bend over backwards to be a good enough goyim to get "partnered channel" status or whatever they'd call it. It's not like it would be anything new either.
Yeah, that seems really plausible.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm

YouTube is probably just waiting for the right time. They've been slowly removing monetization from channels and making it harder for uploaders to keep every video monetized, even if they've been greenlit for ads. Copyright claims and content ID can already funnel money that would have gone to the uploader over to youtube and the copyright holders, which is exactly where youtube wants it to go. I mean, one thing we all forget sometimes is that youtube makes their cut before the con-tent creator sees even $1 from it. I don't know what their percentage is. So the money that gets redirected to IP holders is just the leftover money, after YouTube's cut.

But obviously, if YouTube doesn't need to pay the uploader and they don't have to pay any IP holder, then that extra money is also their money.

They're probably a little leery of rolling out a concept like I described en masse, all of a sudden. I bet their PR people have explained that the bad press from journalists (remember, a lot of "journalists" are youtubers who work freelance or for some shitty rag with no credibility, but decent readership) could hurt their bottom line. Big corporations are very afraid of bad press from twitter hate mobs and organized scandal-mongers.

It's the old frog in a boiling pot idea, you feel me? Youtube is going to slowly turn the heat up rather than toss the frog into the pot while it's bubbling. The end result will be the same, however. Monetization is going to go away for a majority of uploaders. YouTube will place ads on whatever videos they wish, just as they do now when a video is content ID matched. Big channels will keep their monetization and protection from copyright (to some extent on the latter), because their cooperation is needed to keep big money rolling in.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:14 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm
They're probably a little leery of rolling out a concept like I described en masse, all of a sudden. I bet their PR people have explained that the bad press from journalists (remember, a lot of "journalists" are youtubers who work freelance or for some shitty rag with no credibility, but decent readership) could hurt their bottom line. Big corporations are very afraid of bad press from twitter hate mobs and organized scandal-mongers.
YouTube operate at a loss anyway. It's also not as if they're strangers to bad press either. If YouTube decided to remove monetisation tomorrow, journalists would screech for about a week and then go back to normal, whilst the average person would continue not to care.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:40 pm

memeology proving he's nothing more than a money hungry taco. MUH CHECKMARK!
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:27 am

Haha. TotalWidow is getting the boot too.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:26 am

Imagine being such an insecure bitch that you need a glorified Judenstern to feel good about yourself.
Osterzone wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:27 am
Haha. TotalWidow is getting the boot too.
What's she even complaining about? After all, she isn't Total Biscuit. That nigga be dead.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:45 pm

She shouldn't be surprised. People stopped giving a fuck about TotalWidow shortly after TotalCorpse dropped
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:32 pm

>the Youtubalipse is starting
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:32 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:32 pm
>the Youtubalipse is starting
>megaupload link in description
Sayonara Bye-Bye indeed.