Videos worth watching

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Videos worth watching

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:21 pm

They already miled the IP dry with that failed Nosgoth MMO arena thingie, which in itself was salvaged from another failed attempt to revive Legacy of Kain.

I don't have high hopes that this franchise will ever come back, and I'm even less optimistic that a return will not suck.
I think the only way that could work is if some indie developer turns it into a Metroidvania, and that's really only because I think sidescrolling games are less pozzed than 3D AAA cinematic experiences.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:59 pm

That’s a really good idea Voice. They could retain the puzzle solving and exploration. A top down like Blood Omen could be fun, but I’d prefer side scrolling. BO1 is kind of a slog.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:47 pm

I was mainly inspired by Guacamelee, which has a similar world-swapping mechanic as Soul Reaver (though it's noticably more potent since you can switch between the worlds anytime you want).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:49 pm

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:59 pm
That’s a really good idea Voice. They could retain the puzzle solving and exploration. A top down like Blood Omen could be fun, but I’d prefer side scrolling. BO1 is kind of a slog.
Blood Omen is the best in the series. (Fight me.) I'd like to see the rest of the series remade as a top down action RPG, but we know if there is ever a remake BO will be turned into the same 3D trash as every other modern game.

Side scrolling?! WTF, bruh. This isn't 1991. Take your 16-bit Sega Genesis fetish somewhere else.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:05 pm

What's a Genesis?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:09 pm

What's 16-bit?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:31 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:49 pm
Side scrolling?! WTF, bruh. This isn't 1991. Take your 16-bit Sega Genesis fetish somewhere else.
I just said that 'cause indie developers love sidescrolling, and indie devs are the only place where this franchise might not suck balls.

Any AAA hacks getting their hands on this will just make a clone of God of Walking Sim.
-Yours Truly

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:49 pm
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:59 pm
Blood Omen is the best in the series. (Fight me.) I'd like to see the rest of the series remade as a top down action RPG, but we know if there is ever a remake BO will be turned into the same 3D trash as every other modern game.

Blood Omen is good, but as someone who recently played it I can say it has some tedious aspects, fight me faggot!

I’d have liked a bit more of an RPG element, like using the disguise spell to have more meaningful interactions with people, and maybe not dumb shit like the full moon gates. It’s a good game don’t get me wrong, but I like Voice’s idea of a Igavania style game for LoK. It’d be a good experiment, certainly a lot better than a MOBA.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:01 pm

The highest rated male chess player plays against the highest rated female player and defends patriarchy with an honor. :lol: That was really good game, Hou Yifan is great player also of course, I wouldn't stand a chance against her. Fun fact: Chess demands very high intelligence and out of 1500 grandmasters of chess over the world today only 3 are black.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:34 pm

But that's not fun at all.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.