Wikipedia and Wikia

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia

Post by Poonoo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:56 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:34 pm
There is some hope for humanity, folks:
After their shitty gamergate article that their head honcho knew was trash didn't get fixed I remain convinced that he is receiving big money from activist groups. Colleges in the US were giving students credits for making Wikipedia more feminist for fuck sake, they infiltrate so many things that it makes perfect sense to do so on such an important site, and the fact that he does fucking nothing about it despite knowing what's going on to me screams bribery.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:00 pm

Do Wikipedia seriously see themselves as the end-all of all information on the internet? I always thought of Wikipedia (and Wikis in general) as the fast-food of knowledge.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:56 pm
After their shitty gamergate article that their head honcho knew was trash didn't get fixed I remain convinced that he is receiving big money from activist groups
Wouldn't surprise me. Jimbo is a piece of shit, as that incident proved
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:00 pm
Do Wikipedia seriously see themselves as the end-all of all information on the internet? I always thought of Wikipedia (and Wikis in general) as the fast-food of knowledge.
It is the Library of Alexandria 2.0, where only the most vital of information is stored for future generations.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Do Wikipedia seriously see themselves as the end-all of all information on the internet?
Why not, that's how a lot of people see them. The fucking public discourse has been lowered considerably by fucking twats who only look at the Wikipedia and never bother to look at anything else
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Correction. Wikipedia and TV Tropes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 pm
TV Tropes.
Ugh. Don't get me started about how much I hate that fucking cesspool
Kugelfisch wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:22 pm

Ahh yes the meme that keeps on giving.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Shit, maybe I should start donating to Library Genesis.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:56 pm
Colleges in the US were giving students credits for making Wikipedia more feminist for fuck sake, they infiltrate so many things that it makes perfect sense to do so on such an important site, and the fact that he does fucking nothing about it despite knowing what's going on to me screams bribery.
I've noticed that Academia went from "Wikipedia is a joke and not a credible source of info" to "Actually, [our fake] studies show Wikipedia is super duper accurate!"
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:11 pm
Wouldn't surprise me. Jimbo is a piece of shit, as that incident proved
Jimbo had to get divorced because he was fucking all kinds of women he met through his "job". There was the case of journalist Rachel Marsden that he boned in exchange for sanitizing her Wikipedia page and protecting it.
お前はもう死んでいる。