YouTubers in financial despair due to coronavirus

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Sieg Zeon

Re: YouTubers in financial despair due to coronavirus

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:13 am

Based Dennis incoming.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:27 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:33 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:23 am
Youtube now fucking over non-monetized channels. They're gonna monetize every channel and keep the money for themselves.
How is that fucking over non-monetized channels? They host your shit for free and in return run ads on it. That's how free hosting of anything works online.
If that was the initial agreement when youtube started, I would be more inclined to agree. But this isn't a case where everyone knows the rules and enters into the agreement willingly. For years, youtube had a policy of monetized vs nonmonetized channels. You MIGHT see ads on your videos on a non-monetized channel, but only if a company hit you with a copyright claim. You've always, always had the option on youtube of uploading your own original content and keeping it unmonetized, meaning no ads should ever play. YouTube wouldn't make direct money off you, but if your video got a lot of views, they could still make money indirectly (and did) in various other ways.

That's going away. Like Bum said, this means they can target home videos, videos of weddings, funerals, whatever. And not only do they monetize it without permission, but they keep 100% of the money. This means that youtube is now incentivized to screw over channels in the partner program, because partnered/monetized accounts split the money with jewtube. Whereas a video that youtube decides to put ads on? They keep 100% of that money and give none to the video owner.

You're gonna have to show me somewhere in youtube's tos that says you can't own anything and have no intellectual property rights when you upload. Because even if that were in there, I don't think it will hold up in court. If I make a student film and I upload it to youtube on a non-monetized, personal account, youtube is not entitled to make a shitzillion dollars from running ads on it and pay me nothing.

In a way, what youtube is doing now is sort of a mirror image of how piracy-for-profit works. Some scammer in hong kong mocks up a shitload of roms, sells them at $10 apiece and gives nothing to the people who made the games. YouTube may have certain rights over what types of videos they allow on their websites, but they do not outright own every video uploaded. If they tried this shit on one of those VEVO accounts, they'd be in court so fast it'd make their head spin. They won't do this to a major record label because it will fuck them over. But they will do it to the little guys because people won't fight it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:10 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:27 am
all dat shit
Are you retarded? They're not claiming ownership of anyone's IP. They host your IP and instead of paying a hosting fee you agree that they can run ads on your shit.

You can take your video off YT if you want to, so you still control the distribution of digital copies of your property. The HK pirate doesn't allow you that, that's why his thing is deemed to be piracy and YT's is not.

I'm going to ignore your sovcit "show me the terms" bullshit until you show me the law that says cops can arrest you. Am I being detained? Am I being detained.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:38 am

Next step is taking all the money from all ads.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:26 pm

They need to take a bigger cut of everything, force those ASMR girls to get on OnlyFans and do some real work for their slut money. :twisted:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:29 pm

Just wait how the INs will react to that. It's never as bad as they say it is. They just overhype it in hopes that their loyal fans will bully Google into submission.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:38 pm

Adblock wins again.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:38 pm
Adblock wins again.
That's the truth they don't want normalniggers to realize.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:47 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:29 pm
They just overhype it in hopes that their loyal fans will bully Google into submission.
To be fair to them, that worked when they bullied Patreon into backing down on charging an admin fee.

jumkey mones

Post by jumkey mones » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Didn't they get in trouble with ad agencys in the past when it was found ads are appearing on all sorts of questionable material. Its gonna blow up in thier face when ads start appearing on videos showing isis beheadings, baby monkey torture, plane crash compilations, child abuse, moonman songs that didn't get nuked yet, ect.