Hollywood Rape General

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.

Re: Hollywood Rape General

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:20 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 pm
Excuses excuses. The reason you don't see Superman being Superman on Smallville, or actual villains and heroes on Gotham is budget. It's cheaper and faster to make a soap opera with occasional half-assed shootouts than to plan out an epic story with elaborate fight scenes and quality special effects.
Never seen Gotham but the reason there wasn't the Superman suit in Smallville was some sort of licensing issue. It was in some sort of contract that they could make the show, but they couldn't have the suit and he couldn't fly.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:00 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 pm
"Smallville" a Superman show with no Superman
"Gotham" a Batman show with no Batman

Why should I watch either of these shows again?
And they just started a new pre-Superman show called Krypton.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:19 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:20 am
It was in some sort of contract that they could make the show, but they couldn't have the suit and he couldn't fly.
It wasn't in the contract, the producers just decided that themselves. You might be thinking of the unmade Superman Lives, in which Jon Peters said he would allow Kevin Smith to write the movie if he didn't include the suit, didn't let Superman fly, and had Superman fight a giant spider in the third act.
Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:57 pm
The quality of the show has nothing to do with whatever stupid shit the actors of it get up to years later. Hence, non-sequitor.
Firstly she joined up while she was still on Smallville and secondly 'Actress was arrested' 'Well, that show she was on was shit' is perfectly relevant to the discussion
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:19 am
Firstly she joined up while she was still on Smallville and secondly 'Actress was arrested' 'Well, that show she was on was shit' is perfectly relevant to the discussion
Yes, and the fact TWO actresses from the show were in the cult.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:41 pm

What's that cult about anyway?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:01 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:41 pm
What's that cult about anyway?
It was advertised as some self-help bullshit, in reality it was to suck Ranieres (sp?) cock.

And i think it was Kristin Kreuk the one that got into the cult first, and then she got Allison Mack into it. Kreuk left a few years ago, and Mack became a fulltime pimp.

Btw, Raniere only managed to get this shit done because one crazy woman that sucked his cock is super rich, and she is the one financing all this shit, and i think that later for joining the cult the members also had to relinquish some if not all of their stuff to fund it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:00 am
And they just started a new pre-Superman show called Krypton.
I hope they make it a sitcom. Makes it easier to pad out the seasons for the only part that actually matters (aka Krypton blowing up).
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 pm
Gotham is even worse. The producers flat out admitted that they wanted a superhero show but have everyone look normal.
I think Gotham could've been somewhat interesting if it was just about some normal cops having to deal with a city full of freaks.

Instead it's some weird prequel where it turns out that each and every one of Batman's villains is way older than him because they were already adult when he was still a kid. Very strange.
I think you Euros have it right with your short series. I would rather watch 13 episodes of high quality than 100+ of mental junk food garbage.*

*See for reference: Battlestar Galactica
Don't be such a generalist. We Germans can't really into short series. Even if we rip off stuff like the telenovela format (which is supposed to have a definitive end) we end up running that shit for as long as the ratings will allow.

(Unless you count those historical 2-4 part movies, but those are always international co-productions because we're stingy.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:13 pm
Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 pm
Excuses excuses. The reason you don't see Superman being Superman on Smallville, or actual villains and heroes on Gotham is budget. It's cheaper and faster to make a soap opera with occasional half-assed shootouts than to plan out an epic story with elaborate fight scenes and quality special effects.
But... there are a whole bunch of DC (and Marvel) Super Hero TV shows on right now. It can be done. Batman doesn't even have any superpowers and wouldn't increase the budget much.
You mean shit like Arrow? Yeah, that's quality for tv I guess, but it's just cheap fights with lots of angsty CW soap opera shit between.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:44 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:23 pm
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Gotham is even worse. The producers flat out admitted that they wanted a superhero show but have everyone look normal.
I think Gotham could've been somewhat interesting if it was just about some normal cops having to deal with a city full of freaks.

Instead it's some weird prequel where it turns out that each and every one of Batman's villains is way older than him because they were already adult when he was still a kid. Very strange.
Don't forget him being mentored by young Catwoman.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:00 pm
Tony Schiavone wrote:
I hate these shows that are embarrassed to be what they are.
That's why I loved Spartacus: Blood & Sand. That show knew exactly what it was and was unapologetic about it. Soap opera for men. Tits, violence, bromance. It's a shame the actor died and his replacement wasn't as good, nor did the break in production do the writing any good.
Loved that show John Hannah was so awesome in it.