Renfamous the award winning Social Justice Warrior

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Sieg Zeon

Re: Renfamous the award winning Social Justice Warrior

Post by Sieg Zeon » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Okay that theme is incredibly cheesy but fitting and kinda awesome. And the final book is actually from everyone’s POV at one point or another apparently, if the wiki isn’t wrong. Tobias also does return at the end, they name the ship they hijack to deal with “The One” (some kind of borg sounding thing) and save Ax.

Apologies that we spergjacked the Tranfamous thread with Animorphs, but if it’s any consolation Ren looks like he’s halfway between man and blue whale.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:20 pm

The prequel Megamorphs books were epic; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Andalite_Chronicles

You see Elfangor's life leading up to crashing on earth, there's planet hopping fuckery, cross species sex, war, and 4 characters fuck with time itself. Awesome.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:32 pm

Who cares? Honestly Animorphs is better than this freak.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:51 pm

I'm sure there's an Animorphs reddit, and frankly I bet it's shit. This thread is already better. :lol:

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:29 pm

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:31 pm
Okay that theme is incredibly cheesy but fitting and kinda awesome. And the final book is actually from everyone’s POV at one point or another apparently, if the wiki isn’t wrong. Tobias also does return at the end, they name the ship they hijack to deal with “The One” (some kind of borg sounding thing) and save Ax.

Apologies that we spergjacked the Tranfamous thread with Animorphs, but if it’s any consolation Ren looks like he’s halfway between man and blue whale.
The theme song is probably the best part of the show, due in no small part to how fitting it is. No place to hide, no one to trust, no one to help you when you're lost. There's only us. Shit's bleak.

That was the thing that kinda set Animorphs apart from the other "kids save the world" properties that were so big in the 90s, like early Power Rangers and those other splice-and-dice tokus. In those, the characters' personal lives and hero duties rarely overlapped or interacted, and you almost never saw the effect of one on the other. There's one moment from Big Bad Beetleborgs (of all fucking things) that stuck out at me when I was a kid; the heroes and villains had agreed to some big final showdown, and we got some shots of the kids in school, nervously anticipating the battle to come later that day. One shot in particular was a POV shot from a wall clock's perspective, with all three kids looking up at it. The fact that we were in the "acting like normal kids" part of the show, but thinking about not only the wham-pow-action part, but expressing nervousness about the consequences of it, lent the moment a sense of weight that series like that tended to lack.

Animorphs is fucking made of that weight. The characters don't just teleport in to fight some rubber suit monster, then go kick it at the juice bar. The shit they see, the shit they do, stays with them, and it fucks them up. And the whole body-snatcher angle reinforces the idea that they genuinely can't trust anyone. To go back to Power Rangers for a moment, I remember wondering why the whole secret identity requirement was even there. Rita knew who they were, and the one time they did get outed (yes, I know they were setting up cast replacements, but still), Zordon basically just said "lol ok this time." Animorphs? Naw, bitch. It hammers the point home pretty much instantly by revealing that Jake's brother is a Controller. Could be absolutely fucking anyone, and you can't trust shit.

Also, isn't it a bit strange that of all the sub-cultures (so to speak) that we have floating around these days, it was the trannies who tried to claim dominion over Animorphs? Not the furries?

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:03 am

So a couple of things i found out while looking for this show is that it
Sounds like one of those Nickelodeon shows I have never seen before. Can't say there's really a live action Nick show i would really watch again.

One of the few times Reddit is reliable: https://www.reddit.com/r/Animorphs/comm ... oad_links/

Never read these books and from the sounds of it I've been missing out.

And also it's been announced that there's a movie in the works.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:22 am

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:29 pm
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:31 pm

The theme song is probably the best part of the show, due in no small part to how fitting it is. No place to hide, no one to trust, no one to help you when you're lost. There's only us. Shit's bleak.

That was the thing that kinda set Animorphs apart from the other "kids save the world" properties that were so big in the 90s, like early Power Rangers and those other splice-and-dice tokus. In those, the characters' personal lives and hero duties rarely overlapped or interacted, and you almost never saw the effect of one on the other. There's one moment from Big Bad Beetleborgs (of all fucking things) that stuck out at me when I was a kid; the heroes and villains had agreed to some big final showdown, and we got some shots of the kids in school, nervously anticipating the battle to come later that day. One shot in particular was a POV shot from a wall clock's perspective, with all three kids looking up at it. The fact that we were in the "acting like normal kids" part of the show, but thinking about not only the wham-pow-action part, but expressing nervousness about the consequences of it, lent the moment a sense of weight that series like that tended to lack.

Animorphs is fucking made of that weight. The characters don't just teleport in to fight some rubber suit monster, then go kick it at the juice bar. The shit they see, the shit they do, stays with them, and it fucks them up. And the whole body-snatcher angle reinforces the idea that they genuinely can't trust anyone. To go back to Power Rangers for a moment, I remember wondering why the whole secret identity requirement was even there. Rita knew who they were, and the one time they did get outed (yes, I know they were setting up cast replacements, but still), Zordon basically just said "lol ok this time." Animorphs? Naw, bitch. It hammers the point home pretty much instantly by revealing that Jake's brother is a Controller. Could be absolutely fucking anyone, and you can't trust shit.

Also, isn't it a bit strange that of all the sub-cultures (so to speak) that we have floating around these days, it was the trannies who tried to claim dominion over Animorphs? Not the furries?
Exactly! It’s a heavy series, not just the graphic violence (a lot of limb loss and gore described in battle, just look at how they weaponized the alien species, bladed bipedal dinos and ravenous worms, plus animal attacks :lol: ) but the struggle of having to maintain a normal life while knowing that there is this heavy burden weighing on the. and no one can be trusted. Not to mention that each encounter wasn’t a rubber suit battle, they had operations, like infiltration missions and tailing targets. Different missions, different risks, plus they first time they bring in a new recruit he goes rogue.

Body snatching, being surrounded by a growing collective of dangerous foes, your only allies being on obscure forums like DHI. Damn this series is really relevant to current year bullshit.

And yes that theme is pretty dope. :lol: Cheese isn’t always bad.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:56 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:03 am
Not really. They were good when you're twelve but they're not going to hold up for an adult reader.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:56 am
Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:03 am
Not really. They were good when you're twelve but they're not going to hold up for an adult reader.
Guest is a fag as always. They are still worth a read and hold up. There's some stinkers like the race of
tiny aliens, or the buffalo that gains morphing power and starts shifting into humans and gaining sentience, but the core of the series is dangerous situations, consequences, and a real sense of bleakness as 5 kids try to keep an alien invasion at bay all by themselves.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:41 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:09 pm
Exactly only retards think that Tobias was Trans.
You'd think the nutjob minority to co-opt these books would be otherkin.
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:54 am
I’d love a gritty hard R animated series based on the franchise. Live action would just look cheap and you wouldn’t be able to convey the scale on a tv budget.
Better hope an animu studio grabs the IP before Netflix or Cal Arts does.
Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:29 pm
There's one moment from Big Bad Beetleborgs (of all fucking things) that stuck out at me when I was a kid; the heroes and villains had agreed to some big final showdown, and we got some shots of the kids in school, nervously anticipating the battle to come later that day. One shot in particular was a POV shot from a wall clock's perspective, with all three kids looking up at it. The fact that we were in the "acting like normal kids" part of the show, but thinking about not only the wham-pow-action part, but expressing nervousness about the consequences of it, lent the moment a sense of weight that series like that tended to lack.
This is basically the final episode of Kamen Rider Kuuga, except that one came after Beetleborgs. What the
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette