Re: Renfamous the award winning Social Justice Warrior

Post by Sieg Zeon » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:17 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:10 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:56 am
Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:03 am
Never read these books and from the sounds of it I've been missing out.
Not really. They were good when you're twelve but they're not going to hold up for an adult reader.
Guest is a fag as always. They are still worth a read and hold up. There's some stinkers like the race of
tiny aliens, or the buffalo that gains morphing power and starts shifting into humans and gaining sentience, but the core of the series is dangerous situations, consequences, and a real sense of bleakness as 5 kids try to keep an alien invasion at bay all by themselves.
Exactly, they were shockingly mature for their time. Sure the occasional pop references make it obvious when they were written, but it was done to fill out the world and not be like “ooh catchphrase!” or some lame pandering like NSlut and her Oblivion reference in ASSiom’s End. The author did refer to Hansen as a band of boys who looked like girls or something, she’d better watch her ass on twitter. :lol:

Ahh, refined taste Voice with talk of Kuuga and an anime. Yeah if they did an anime adaptation but followed the core story I could see something along the lines of Guyver being made. Shame anime is more neutered these days upon initial release, 10 or 20 years ago and we’d have a dark splatterfest.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Yeah, there is a certain Guyver amount in Kuuga, if you replace the alien biotech with prehistoric Japanese tribal magic.
Animu Kamen Rider would be free of the limitations of IRL stunt work, basically creating Pretty Cure with dudes.
At the very least the female supporting cast will get moe'd the fuck up.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:01 pm

I feel like this was almost a sick burn.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:11 pm

DC sells comic books? That's news to me.
Is Spoony dead yet?

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:46 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:01 pm
It would be if comix big wigs had any ground to stand on. EVS is one cuck. What? A whole company of cucks and trannies can't out compete one lone cuck? I fucking hate EVS with a passion because he's a faggot, don't mistake me, but there is such a cognitive dissonance here it's infuriating.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:46 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:46 pm
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:01 pm
It would be if comix big wigs had any ground to stand on. EVS is one cuck. What? A whole company of cucks and trannies can't out compete one lone cuck? I fucking hate EVS with a passion because he's a faggot, don't mistake me, but there is such a cognitive dissonance here it's infuriating.
I like some comic book characters, but can’t get into reading them because they’re never ending and endure a dozen stupid stories before rebooting ever so often. On the Marvel side I like The Punisher, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Blade, and Venom, and then on the DC side I like good Batman stories and characters like Deathstroke and Constantine. Spawn, The Darkness, Witchblade, Hellboy, and a few other indie comics I like, but I can only really read collections because they all have that problem of never ending. It’s why I prefer self contained stories with a beginning, middle, and end.

tl;dr it’s an industry that is pretty much dead in the water. Sure it’s transitioned into movies and TV, but eventually they’ll drain the well and we’ll be back to square one.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:56 pm

Comics will never revive the glory days of Rob Liefeld.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:18 pm

Witchblade was bested by the animu. There is no reason to go back to the source material.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Glorious Nippon once again improved upon the source material.
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:46 pm
It’s why I prefer self contained stories with a beginning, middle, and end.
You can almost get something like this if some writer tells a somewhat self-contained story arc, but even that gets muddied by way too many tie-in comic issues that may or ma not leave plot holes in the trade paperback of the main storyline.
Just stick to manga, mate.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:05 pm
Glorious Nippon once again improved upon the source material.
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:46 pm
It’s why I prefer self contained stories with a beginning, middle, and end.
You can almost get something like this if some writer tells a somewhat self-contained story arc, but even that gets muddied by way too many tie-in comic issues that may or ma not leave plot holes in the trade paperback of the main storyline.
Just stick to manga, mate.
Oh I do, especially the shorter run stuff.