Rooster Teeth and Chicken Shit

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
ban

Re: Rooster Teeth and Chicken Shit

Post by ban » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:16 am
Catgirls are cute. Cats are fickle assholes because unlike dogs, they're smart enough to see past our bullshit.
But that's why I like cats. :lol: Andcatgirlsplsnobully
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:58 pm

I was thinking about this about RT the other day. I soon realized, and had to admit: I liked them more for what they were, than what they ARE.
Nobody watched Red vs. Blue pretty much after the end of the Halo 2 chronicle. Around the time they left Blood Gulch for good. The first warning sign should've been that they were so cucked they couldn't even get Bungie to give more than a cameo in 3...when you couldn't even see them behind a wall!

Right now, RT is basically Achievement Hunter + other token projects funded by Achievement Hunter. Streaming is pretty much their only bread and butter. And when that happens, its insidious side effects spread and take hold. It's interesting to see how they got that way, given how you could kind of pop in a random video every year and notice the plebbit tmblrinas slowly creeping in.

I've said on here a few times that they were basically Gen X. So probably left of center, but in a way where Clinton was distrusted, so they basically said screw politics for the most part. You could see it in their interests and attitude. Their podcasts were all alcohol mandatory and some of their sets were actually built with brews on tap. They hired actual hot babes on staff and talked about un-PC things and sex shit. They actually liked and popularized shooters and sports games, and blatantly favored XBox (you will notice, not a damn Nintendo thing in sight). All this got a wide swath of normies to watch and become interested.

What happened? Thanks to its increasingly lazy focus on streaming, fuck all for writing, and slowly hiring more millennials from community, you can see it transformation. The AHWU vids had more kids and neanderuglies that popped up in their shoutouts. They started hiring more and more people that brought their politics and perspectives with them. Geoff playing a frigging episode of Peggle should've been a warning sign he was heading for divorce (that and marrying a woman to admitting she was probably a closeted lesbian). The old crew slowly surrounded themselves with younger idiots that starting pushing out the old Gen Xers and put their own faggy interests in. This is why some people left and policies change.
You never see Joel anymore and Matt keeps his distance as full Stretch Armstrong arm's length as he can away. The AH gang have been completely cucked (e.g. Michael and hambeast with child) or don't care (Gavin outside of RT on his Slo-Mo channel just does straight, Brit vids).
Burnie isn't quite a shell of himself, but he's definitely low on nougat. He seems like he still has a cool guy buried in there somewhere, especially when he gets out of the office (his vlog/mentoring vids were actually fantastic). But you can see it eroding his soul. He seems content to just make his money, stay in his trailer, and let the place turn into an Adult Photoshop Daycare.

Basically, when Barb Dunkleman finally leaves (a thot, but a gen x style thot), you know the ship is finally about to sink.

tl;dr RT is now Game Grumps, only they did it first and thus had more money to hire more people.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Lol so Geoff couldn't hang onto Griffin. I saw that a fucking mile away.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:01 pm

I didn’t know that Geoff got divorced till I read this. Can’t say I’m surprised, he seemed like a dysfunctional alcoholic wreck. Any other crazy shit gone down?

RWBY is a hotbed of sleazy shit for sure, not only firing Vic, but how they treated Monty’s fiancé after his death. Fuck.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:59 am

Watch an old man cry about selling his "company"

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:58 pm
Achievement Hunter
Fuck. That. Shit. From time to time I look up achievements on jewtube and every single time I've made a mistake to look at Achievement Hunter video, I was disappointed and mildly annoyed.

Instead of a normal human being explaining how to do it, or hell, even a kid that spends way too much time fucking around because they're too lazy to edit it into short video, we get two douchebros/cokeheads/village idiots, sometimes even three (because what are these fucks going to do whole day other than sit around and say dumb shit), where one douchebag plays the game while saying mildly annoying shit, and the other cunt is there to just say retarded shit nobody wants to hear.

People in those videos are so unsympathetic it's impressive to me. Try to talk when they have zero charisma, wanna be let's players degenerates, absolute retards. May they die in a fiery death.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:08 pm

And RT’s President is stepping down effective April 26th. Probably just a coincidence but man I would love it to connect with their recently firing of a notorious voice actor.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Never heard of him. Is it a good or bad thing that he left?
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:51 pm
Never heard of him. Is it a good or bad thing that he left?
Not sure yet. Last time I checked Matt Hullum was the company ceo or president or whatever, no idea when this dude took over.

Granted he’s also bald and has a (((distinctive))) last name so go figure he might have been the one to fire Vic.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:14 am

mad bum wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:59 am
Watch an old man cry about selling his "company"

It really dies come off as whiny and full of themselves.

I love the fact that he admits to selling it for the shekels but can't admit that even the company has been around for years that he somehow didn't have enough money for salaries.

I do laugh at Craig getting butthurt due to Machinima saying their shows suck which ironically Screw Attack becoming Death Battle since that was anyone cared about.

Also interesting that he still doesn't acknowledge Handsome Tom unless to explain how the company got created. He talked about memories of everyone else but him. Still screwing him over. Even Tom acknowledged and wished Craig luck after he shut down Game Heros to run his restaurants