Super Best Friends: Sperge Breakup

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Super Best Friends: Sperge Breakup

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Game Grumps was such a success because both Jon and Arin were already well known by the time they grouped up. Arin had his [video game] Awesome animation series and Jon made very successful videos. Combining the two fangroups together was why they got so many views.
What have any of the Best Friends guys done before? I assume shitty LPs that nobody cared for.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Shilling for the discount bin SBF (arguably with funnier comentary): https://www.youtube.com/user/the1upcup

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:32 pm

wildmage wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:27 pm
Shilling for the discount bin SBF (arguably with funnier comentary): https://www.youtube.com/user/the1upcup
Nigger, that's so low-view you're not shilling a friend of yours or something, right?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:42 pm

What other super groups have split up and crashed?

I can only think of the whole "they weren't paying me fairly" dramas like The Completionist and Stuttering Craig/Handsome Tom.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:44 pm

oldbones wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:47 pm
I'll give you Jon. He is the outlier. These people (almost) always disappear because they as individuals suck but for whatever reason as a group the dynamic between these losers attracts lots of other loser viewers. Jon had lots of talent and charisma solo which is why he has had success compared to so many others who have fallen by the wayside. Even if they gain temporary internet shit fame nobodies will eventually fail and the few talented ones will go on.
I can't wait for Jontron's former friends to disappear.
Semen butter and Jared especially

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:29 pm
Moar liek Super Former Friends amirite?
But seriously, give me the juicy drama details!
No idea what the specifics are, but it was stated outright that Mat and Pat aren't friends anymore. Mat probably hates Pat for being an asshole and Pat probably hates Mat for being an SJW tumblrcunt who didn't like working.
I'm surprised it took this long. Their main channel has been coasting for a while now to the point of stagnation. Probably Pat was tired of Matt doing fuckall for the channel and checking out mentally until he could pipe in with some worthless nerdbaby shit he cared about. The fact that each one started their own separate channels, streams, and podcasts should have been a clue.
What I find hilarious about this situation is Woolie is FUCKED. Imagine if the place where you worked closed down because your two bosses couldn't get along, and you were fired as a result. Not saying I like Woolie, but as far as I know, he's always come across as a huge shitbaby in videos, but pretty chill in real life. I doubt he was causing drama since he's essentially an employee. Then there are the editors and other people surrounding the SBFP channel and, let's be real here, MONEY that are suddenly fucked over because they won't be getting paid for work on let's plays that aren't happening. :lol:

The only person I can imagine making a solo career of this is Pat. He sits on twitch all day and reads donations. People make compilation videos of his streams. He's the only one I can see continuing to get paid enough to make this his job. Matt's channel is a bunch of obscure nerdshit. Shows like The Bug Report are COMPLETELY uninteresting.

You know, we talk about this all the time, but if you're gonna make this internet shit your job, you really have to treat it like that. If pissbaby Mat and bitchboy Pat can't get along, they should hire more people and work apart on separate projects. Make more content, not less. "Oh but it's not fun" yeah it's not. This is your fucking job. If you don't want to do this job anymore that's fine, but if you think you're gonna make anything CLOSE to the same money using your shitty spinoff channels, you are smoking crack! SBFP is a legacy channel just like DSP's channel or the game grumps. Nobody cares about WoolieVersus shitposts or Matt McMuscles (he has no muscles btw).

TL;DR Burger King is waiting, Woolie and Matt. Pat, you might be safe for now if you stay on twitch.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:32 pm
wildmage wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:27 pm
Nigger, that's so low-view you're not shilling a friend of yours or something, right?
Funny story, I was watching Yakuza 0 videos, then jumped onto yakuza AMV, then youtube game the this.

I'm a simple man, I like mobsters, anime tiddies and vulgarity so the algorithm was easy to crack.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:42 pm

I can only think of the whole "they weren't paying me fairly" dramas like The Completionist and Stuttering Craig/Handsome Tom.
And 8bit Mickey!

I never watched these INs. I only know them through the CA anniversaries. Is this an interesting drama or Lupa-level drama?

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:45 am

oldbones wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:02 pm
they were hyper annoying
You got that right.
Guru Larry wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:42 pm
The Creatures, a big group of let's players had quite a lot of drama behind them - I don't suppose many people from here will know who they are, but you've surely commented on at least 50% of their videous - around 2011 they had a huge following on youtube. And they were actually fun to watch (some of them), unlike Super Bitch Fucks.

It was originally 8 guys, but after two pretty shitty breakups they got reduced to 2, fans shat on those remaining pretty hard (one of them stole a girlfriend from one of the guys that left, and he was in general a reason other people left), because the ones that left were the popular ones, and eventually they closed down and stopped doing let's plays alltogether, because they just couldn't financially sustain themselves. Last I've heard of them, one of the guys is a lead dev on the Friday the 13th game, no idea how he got to that position with zero experience in the industry.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:39 am

I'm a bit surprised, as I didn't pick up any inter-group issues on their podcast (it's decent to listen to at work)... but I'm also about half a year behind on it, so maybe the issues started manifesting themselves in the episodes I haven't gone through yet. Haven't really watched much of their videos to see if there were signs, but looking around it seems like people did notice, especially in retrospect, there was a lot less of Matt and Pat playing through things together.

I'm not sure if they'll individually be in that much trouble financially. Sure, their individual content isn't going to be anywhere near as popular as their group content, but on the other hand it doesn't have to be as you don't have to split up the profits as much. I'd be unsurprised to see Patreons pop up for them within a year, though.

At least it seems (so far) their breakup has threaded the needle between just being a big blowup where everyone airs all the dirty laundry possible versus the other extreme of Game Grumps where there's zero transparency, leaving everyone confused by it.