Guru Larry Fat Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Guru Larry

Post by mad bum » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Even if you could blind enemy's would you even bother still? We'd all be genji gloving sabin
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Dunno about FF but in Wizardry and Might&Magic you always have a guy in your group that can blind and do it constantly. It greatly pays off due to the lower chance to get hit, especially for agile characters like your healers.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:28 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:23 pm
Dunno about FF but in Wizardry and Might&Magic you always have a guy in your group that can blind and do it constantly. It greatly pays off due to the lower chance to get hit, especially for agile characters like your healers.
It's more of something to make the game more challenging, not to make your characters more powerful. I don't even think that there's a way for you to inflict Blind, but the enemies can. Blind doing nothing makes fights like Ultros very easy, because he will spend turns blinding your party for zero effect. Although, when I played FF 6, I always healed Blind because I hated the "sunglasses" it puts over the party's sprites.

aboveup

Post by aboveup » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:24 am

Most Final Fantasy games aren't balanced well enough to legitimately take status effects into consideration.

FFX might be the only one where boss fights are often about figuring out how to abuse status effects and immunities to get the result you want. Outside of that, you can win most games in the series by just mashing attack over and over, or just spamming the one strong spell you have on repeat. It's part of why people only playing FF thought Persona 4 was a hard game when it came out.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:20 pm

It's always surprising how much talk there is about streamlining but barely anybody ever talks about how JRPGs were pretty much all influenced by Wizardry and are nothing but streamlined versions of it.
Japan started casualization first!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:55 pm

mad bum wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:49 pm
Even if you could blind enemy's would you even bother still? We'd all be genji gloving sabin
It's not about blinding monsters. It's the other way around. I spent like an entire dungeon with the whole party wearing blind status sunglasses, with no effect to their hit rate.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Carn

Post by Carn » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:10 am

Another fat cunt video

Terminator on the NES is fascinatingly dreadful

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:36 am

I wish Larry could drop the number game, at least it's not top 5 like it used to be.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:47 am

Also noticed the #1 spot was labeled #2.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:26 pm

It was a fine video, I like the look behind development of games that interest me and especially games that were never finished are quite appealing as well.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.