Guru Larry Fat Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Guru Larry Fat Cunt

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:06 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 am
Dude CRTs haven't been made in over a decade, and they were never made that small either.
Yes, they were.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm

Yeah I knew some pedantic faggot would ACKSHUALLY that as soon as I posted it because of some niche B&W component that was made for a fucking camcorder. The point is it's fucking obvious a small toy like that wouldn't have a CRT when even full size cabinets haven't been sold with them for years.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:13 pm

It's only obvious because it's [current year]+4. Size has nothing to do with it. CRTs were made in just about all sizes because what else was there? Sure as shit wouldn't have been a vector monitor for those games.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:17 pm

They were that small screenwise but the units still needed to be a lot deeper for the gun to work properly.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:23 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:17 pm
They were that small screenwise but the units still needed to be a lot deeper for the gun to work properly.
Looking at the things, yeah. A CRT of that screen dimension would have to be a good fifteen centimetres long.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Speaking of which, is it true that some modern games look better on a CRT monitor?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:54 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:13 pm
Speaking of which, is it true that some modern games look better on a CRT monitor?
A lot of people say they do. I never had a high end CRT monitor for PC. Best I had was a 17" that ran everything at 1024x768. We've kind of hit a cutoff point now though, since starting a couple of years ago graphics card designers dropped RAMDACs from their cards so normalfags can't get analog VGA out anymore.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:20 pm

CRTs are bloat.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:24 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
I doubt that. Old games, certainly. They were made to look good on CRT - well, mostly the pixel ones.
One thing CRT still has over flat panels is reaction time but unless you're playing Melee or CS at top competitive levels that'd hardly matter.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
That was started by this video:

Keep in mind that the monitor they are using was insanely good for it's time (1200p). The thing with CRT is that old as fuck games look significantly better but modern games? It depends on the resolution. During the PS3/360 era many games looked better on my little CRT because they were not native 720p like GTA 4 which was running in SD. Naturally it would look blurry as shit on a LCD.

Once the games were actually in full HD that changes. In the above example yeah it would look good on a 1200p monitor running a 1080p game but most CRT monitors wouldn't have been all that great for modern games. And eventually we will surpass even that.

The main issue with CRT's was they were heavy, consumed a shit tonne of power and couldn't get much bigger like LCDs have without being stupidly expensive.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.