Extra Credits (aka Extra Harassment)

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Extra Credits (aka Extra Harassment)

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:06 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:02 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:47 pm
No joke: I have no troubles with fightan james and arcane RPGs, but MOBAS? They're option overload for me.

(And yet I've found some quality post about how MOBA is the evolved, streamlined successor of RTS.)
Options? Sure.

What works? 1 meta at any given time.
1 meta that includes loads of stuff. Point is that they are not simple games in the grand scheme of things and that kids can totally handle them. The cries for simpler shit are not reflective of the actual player base's demands.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:36 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:25 pm
And there's a reason for it too. It's because they want to spam out reviews easily. Complicated games that never end are frustrating for game journo pros, especially if the game requires skill to even experience legitimately. :lol:

The last of cucks and dad of war are perfect games for them because they can just sperge about muh narrative movie structure all day and watch cutscenes.
Is that even a problem anymore? Jim Spergling "reviewed" Halo Wars by beating the first level and people had to call him out and have him finish it, something that can't be done today since they'll BLAHCK U and tell you on twitter "FAK YU DOOD, I KNOW GAYMS, THIS IS BOOLSHIT" like DSP on roids and nobody will tell them anything because at this point the cult is thriving. Or delete your yt comments or disable the like counter etc. They have so many options nowadays to spread their crap and block any evidence mounted against them. Heck, a complicated game with perhaps sexy characters is a moneyvault to them since instead of playing it they can write and spam think pieces and get money from various sources and then backstab the guys who gave them a free game or just shit out think piece of why shilling said game is thebestest thing ever.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:19 pm

ban wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:36 pm
Is that even a problem anymore? Jim Spergling
Stahp!
Name me a writer for IGN. Any writer. One for Kotaku maybe? Who reviews action games for Giant Bomb?
That's why they flip their shit so fucking hard. Nobody knows those clowns. They know they don't matter at all. Why do you think they get so fucking defensive about all that shit? Sure, Spergling doesn't have to deal with that shit but do you see him advocating for gayms to get made easier? He doesn't have to and, honestly, nobody is actually listening to him either.

It's those faceless, nameless article writing shits that you've got to worry about. Because they are all linked and they all launch coordinated campaigns to demand the same shit that's purely in their own interest because they know that kinda shit works. Because marketing execs are just as fucking daft as their HR department is and will give them what they want like rioting niggers or upset mudshits.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Goddamn, now that you mention, it all the big names have either moved on to podcasts, withing our out of these sites, write thinkpieces only and do some inane shit that doesn't have to do with reviewing games. Jesus, I've really been out of the loop.
He warned youShow

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:29 pm

ban wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:46 pm
Goddamn, now that you mention, it all the big names have either moved on to podcasts, withing our out of these sites, write thinkpieces only and do some inane shit that doesn't have to do with reviewing games. Jesus, I've really been out of the loop.
Yahtzee's actually still reviewing games.

ban

Post by ban » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 pm

Didn't he get away from the Escapist some time ago? A bit after Blob left?
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:33 pm

Nope. Yahtzee will be with the escapist until they stop throwing money at him.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Yahtzee is the only thing keeping that site relevant, and he hasn't been relevant in years.

Edit: laying a face down card
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:37 am

mad bum wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:35 pm
Yahtzee is the only thing keeping that site relevant, and he hasn't been relevant in years.
Yahtzee still seems fairly popular, his most recent videos get viewership in the 300K-500K views on YouTube (not counting views on The Escapist itself, which seem to be around 100K each).

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 am

mad bum wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:35 pm
Define 'relevance' with these e-celebrities

ZP's on Hulu now. The Escapist fired their entire staff just to keep Yahtzee paid, fed and happy, something they probably wouldn't do if the views weren't anything like they used to be. Yahtzee's got a YouTube channel. Most e-celebs have their YouTube as their primary storefront. Yahtzee runs his for fun. Yahtzee's got over 200k subscribers and his videos have no problem breaking 100K views, sometimes more than that. For comparison, MovieBob, who has been around for slightly less time, got made famous by the same site and whose YouTube is his primary distribution platform, has 150K subs and his videos often times can't even break 100K views.

If Yahtzee were to go whole hog into YouTube I could see him managing a million subs easily. I would say that he's about as relevant as AVGN still is.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.