Extra Credits (aka Extra Harassment)

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
AdorableOtter

Re: Extra Credits (aka Extra Harassment)

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:03 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:36 am
AdorableOtter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:05 am
I didn't know until very recently but PCSX2 is so good it pretty much obsoletes the real hardware. Higher internal resolution + widescreen hack + added/removed visual filter = basically HD remake. It's not that GPU/CPU intensive either.
Depends on the game, I found that most games ran fine and at higher resolutions but you do have to tinker a lot with the settings per game to get things to work right. The odd game can run like shit though, Like Zone of the Enders 2 which half the time is faster than the original and at other times it is unplayable.
Actually I was impressed by PCSX2 partly because I didn't have to tinker around that much (just choose preset), unlike epsxe or PCSX. Maybe you used "stable" version which is always super outdated instead of nightly.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:50 pm
I wonder why everyone calls it an "X" on the Gaystation. It should be "cross", since you don't call circle "O" either.
"X" should be called ✕. Nothing else.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:21 pm

X is just kewler.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:32 pm

I mean, I have friends that call it the, "oh," button so...
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:04 pm

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Trails in the Sky you can get on Steam for $10 or so, even less now during the summer sale. Why would you want to be scalped by these "collectors" to play it on the PSP?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:33 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:04 pm
Trails in the Sky you can get on Steam for $10 or so, even less now during the summer sale. Why would you want to be scalped by these "collectors" to play it on the PSP?
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:36 pm

Pepsi Man wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:32 pm
I mean, I have friends that call it the, "oh," button so...
Did they also call triangle "delta"?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:06 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:33 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:04 pm
He blocks you if you write the word gay in the comment section :lol:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:45 am

Confirmed faggot.
While his general sentiment is fine, he's being a complete retard about it. He complains about shitty resolution but then goes and suggests to have games run in 240p@60fps.
Framerate is more important than graphical fidelity, but not at the cost of resolution. Both have the greatest impact on visuals and playability. I'd rather just have worse textures instead of a trash resolution.

Portability is a big argument and always has been for vidya. The Gameboy has a green and grey screen with massive ghosting, real low resolution and shitty refresh rates. Despite that, you still have slowdowns. Yet, despite home computers and consoles at that time offering worlds better visuals and playability, we were fine with it because it's portable. It also had a great library with games still being worth playing today. The Gameboy Player was such a big deal thanks to that super strong library. You can play GB games on all GB models, except for the GBA Micro, on the SNES and even the GC.

Nintendo just made the logical step to make the entire system portable and it's a success because the library is looking to become very strong. People are fine with lower frame rates and have always been fine with them if the games are good enough. It's already has one of the greatest Mario and Zelda ever made. It's getting a new Smash, a new Metroid Prime, pretty much everything from the last few years as a port and is looking to have really good third party support.

Yes, I am disappointed in the hardware being underpowered and something like nuDoom is just retarded to port on it. At the end of the day thought, it may just become Nintendo's best console since the SNES and it's covering both console markets.
I was very critical of it when it came out. But owning a Switch, it really is pretty damn neat. It's just too fucking expensive.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:30 am

Honestly the best time to own a switch will be when it's finally able to get home brew, playing emulators on that screen will be nice
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]