Extra Credits (aka Extra Harassment)

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
OldManBones

Re: Extra Credits (aka Extra Harassment)

Post by OldManBones » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:10 pm

I always hated these pretentious twats ever since the Escapist days. And despite them labeling themselves part of the fart sniffing games as art crowd were probably more pro corporate dick sucking than anything if their videos are anything to go by.

The fact that ended up being fucked over by their own so called allies like every other smuck who swore up and down that gamergate literally murdered women is no fucking surprise in the least.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:18 pm

GestapoAssiman wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:31 pm
I remember when GameSack once parodied pretty much all the youtube gamers in one video.
It's one of there best ones.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:53 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:18 pm
GestapoAssiman wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:31 pm
I remember when GameSack once parodied pretty much all the youtube gamers in one video.
It's one of there best ones.
I'm guessing its this?

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

GestapoAssiman

Post by GestapoAssiman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:02 pm

Lmao Bob Cornhole.
Their HCG impression was 10/10.

Also, that Irate Gamer gag reminded me: IG IS FUCKING BACK, BOIIIIIIIIIS!
- and that's a good thing.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Yeah that's the one, have you guys never seen it? It's incredible.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:46 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:53 pm
My only experience of Portnow was The Escapist debacle but I can agree that he sounds like a massive faggot
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=V_qlumZ5K4I

He sure does.

His constant preaching about gaming needing to "grow up" and change the world is pretentious horseshit. He implies heavily that games SHOULD be trying to change the world and always be art, he never outright says it though because he knows people will call him stupid for demanding fucking Tetris be art. And often when someone says something has to "grow up", it usually means it needs to be left wing propaganda.

It was like when some old articles about heavy metal from 2006 were dragged up during Gamergate with some cunt saying bands like Lamb of God and System of a Down hating the Iraq War was heavy metal "growing up". It's often misinformed shit like that since from the very beginning Black Sabbath had a lot of songs shitting on the Vietnam War and a lot of bands have made political songs, it's just not exclusively like that nor is it exclusively left wing. It's just that System of a Down literally yelling "WHY DO THEY ALWAYS SEND THE POOR" and (while not a metal band) Rage Against the Machine yelling "FUCK YOU I DON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME" is what they really want, outright propaganda that is so blatant that no one can interpret it otherwise.

That is what cunts like Portnow want, they don't want games or any artform to be art despite what they say, they want everything to be propaganda for their beliefs. In comics, look at how Warren Ellis handled the trans issue in Transmetropolitan with the Transient movement compared to his recent series Trees. In Trees they are presented as one big happy family, while in Transmetropolitan the reality that they can't change back is brought up and the general weirdness and creepiness of it is focused on without flat out calling them scum, as they are also treated like shit by society while not being angles themselves. A writer who knew about the complexity of an issue was convinced to make shallow, shitty propaganda that is boring and uninteresting in current year +3. That is what these cunts want, and fuck them for daring to even claim they give a shit about advancing any medium.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:33 am

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:46 am

He sure does.

It was like when some old articles about heavy metal from 2006 were dragged up during Gamergate with some cunt saying bands like Lamb of God and System of a Down hating the Iraq War was heavy metal "growing up". It's often misinformed shit like that since from the very beginning Black Sabbath had a lot of songs shitting on the Vietnam War and a lot of bands have made political songs, it's just not exclusively like that nor is it exclusively left wing. It's just that System of a Down literally yelling "WHY DO THEY ALWAYS SEND THE POOR" and (while not a metal band) Rage Against the Machine yelling "FUCK YOU I DON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME" is what they really want, outright propaganda that is so blatant that no one can interpret it otherwise.
First off, your avatar depresses me.

Second of all, this is a very interesting point you bring up considering that, while no, metal is not exclusively left wing politics, it certainly is an overriding majority component of it. And that the Rolling Stone/Gamergate fruitcakes never realized and thought metal "grew up" in 06, that is pretty damn funny.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:37 am

Portnow is like the polar opposite of everything I enjoy about vidya gaems and the reason why modern games are so shit. He's the kind of nigga who wants every game to be The Last of Cucks or Dad of War 4 where they try to badly ape a movie or tv show.

But he's also the kind of coat-tail-riding dickhead who would show up late to a party like Dark Souls and suddenly exclaim about all its depth and complexity in nonlinear storytelling or some shit, completely ignoring that the reason people like Souls is the MECHANICS and the risk/reward feedback loop combined with constant exploration and loop-backs. Pretty much every game people have already decided "this is good" in the mainstream, the cunt will show up and try to bullshit some fart-smelling reason for WHY it's good, which usually doesn't involve actually playing the fucking game and enjoying the gameplay.

Oh god. I'm afraid to watch.
Extra Credits

3 years ago
I think there's a lot we can learn from games like Divekick and Bushido Blade as well. They serve as a starting point to show us how engaging we can make just learning timing before we even layer on any of the complexity of a full fighting game experience. -JP
Oh God, not this bullshit about how we need to make fighting games simpler and simpler. Divekick FUCKING SUCKS.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:49 am

Overhazard

3 years ago

I get the feeling that if this were shown to a place with a lot of competitive fighting game people, this video would get laughed out. I've seen proposals for a greater focus on the single-player mode at Shoryuken, and it was dismissed largely with the argument that it's time and money sacrificed against game balance. Ideas about beginning with few moves and easing newcomers into a game gets a similar argument, and on top of that some players are insulted that their game would need something like that.

Regrettably, it all boils down to the mentality of the exclusive club: After mingling among some communities, a lot of fighting game people, I found out, do not want beginners joining them unless they can compete at their level. They loathe the idea that they could go online, for instance, and have problems finding people they know. The "fighting game community" is exactly that: A community. It's their neighborhood, their turf, and they don't take kindly to influxes of people moving in.

Personally, a community like that is toxic to the franchise, and it's best to discard them and find a new one. However, it seems that companies like Capcom and Arc System Works are absolutely terrified of abandoning them because to throw away one group for another is an extremely risky business move in any industry.
First off, I don't know what the fuck these cucks are smoking if they think the FGC doesn't want more players. Maybe they don't want people spamming scrub shit online or maybe they're just a salty cunt like LTG, but I've found fighting game players pretty welcoming to beginners who want to learn and play. Especially if you just want to take your Ls and learn.

I mean, I had a problem setting up fightcade and people were immediately jumping in to help me troubleshoot and send me shit. They all but did everything for me.

Of course it's insulting your game would get a dumbed down mode for casuals, ESPECIALLY if the changes end up fucking the game balance. Vanilla SF4 Ultra damage anyone? Or X-Rays in MK.

Greater focus on single player modes would be nice, but that's only worth it if the modes aren't trash and just having a lot of modes won't ensure the modes are worth playing. Game balance matters so much more in fighting games than other genres. The only two single-player modes in fightan games I always play are free practice and custom vs AI.

"Exclusive club" yeah the exclusive club of people who love something. People pull the same shit on souls players and any group who plays something perceived as difficult or obscure.

Also, what community could you replace "people who love our games and buy every single one" with? "Casuals who buy and play for 20 minutes before shelving our game?" And if anyone thinks big corporations like capcom or bamco give their fans what they want and DON'T cater to casuals, wew laddie.
Word1012 Chicken
1 year ago
And that's why i play smash.
AYYY
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:55 am

OH MY GOD

https://youtu.be/n_xG1Yg_QoM?t=197

lmao just listen to this shit.

So the extra cuckoldry guy wants the game to fucking slow down and give you a giant DO A DP YOU FUCKING FAGGOT sign flashing in your face for 5 seconds before the last hit connects on you.
RAPEMAN wrote: