Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by mad bum » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:27 am

Gun to my head I'd watch kickassia over linkara's audio drama, however his movie was Tommy wiseau levels of funny.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:03 am

I know this is a joke only I will get, but Linkara using that gif specifically is super funny to me because Dr Who immediately kowtows to the woman he's accusing right after that scene.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:36 am

>I made a better friggin' anniversary movie than them
WEW
Untold levels of arrogance in that little egghead.

drisko

Post by drisko » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:16 am

No, I can safely say Kickassia is a better movie than this. First off, it's only an hour and a half. Secondly, there's a real story about how the characters destroy their accomplishments just so they can be on top. Third, it was actually a great metaphor for the site, Doge sits on his arse and the others complain, except in Kickassia they actually did something about it. And I am also confident Lewis couldn't make a better anniversary movie because when he made one, it was At4W the movie and that was shit. And yet I'd still rather rewatch that than continue with this.

Allow me to pitch an idea. Gather nineteen other people and propose an idea for a movie. In it, much like this, the reviewers get together at a big house in the middle of the woods to hang out at, when shit goes wrong. If you get something with ten rooms, it can also double as lodgings. You have the reviewers just hang out, maybe have some comedy moments, when one of them gets shot and someone realises that there's a mysterious person in the woods, or maybe more than one. The cops are an hour away, the phone signals are all blocked and the power is coming from a vulnerable generator which could be wrecked at any moment. They spread out to cover all sides of the house and discover that their new friends may have left some traps for them. Eventually, using only their wits and improvising some tools, they manage to get the villains into custody. The leader reveals he has an employer but refuses to say who, paving the way for a sequel. Either he dies to prevent spilling his secrets or they keep him around so he can come back, probably the latter knowing Lewis.

Now why did I say nineteen others? Simple, with twenty people contributing, the costs become more manageable. The total cost of travel, the house, meals and equipment rental are added together and then split evenly, everyone contributing equally and paying their own share. With the plot, you could have simultaneous shoots going, with the characters who have the least screen time getting to be directors and still feeling like they're a part of the team. You'd have the whole thing done in a few days with plenty of time to do reshoots if necessary or just kick back and relax together.

Afterwards, when the videos are live, everyone gets 5% of the revenue. Then you kickstart enough to print off 2000 copies of the DVD and give everyone involved a hundred copies to sell at cons or give away to people, with the agreement that whatever money they make off of their personal stock, they keep. So if they sell all one hundred for twenty bucks a pop, they make two grand. Everything's fair, everyone makes some cash, and if they do a good enough job people will be more likely to support a sequel.

... You know, a part of me wants to make this with you guys so we can do a parody of the anniversary specials starring Cockslut and Armsgirl, but that'd probably be more autistic than what they're doing.

---

Oh, and no summary tonight, worked late and would rather do something productive with the rest of my evening.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:27 am

I could do a convincing Film Brain impression, but I'd have to shave my luscious locks. Ohh, the costs of art...
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:28 am

Scratch that. My Film Brain sounds like Bane from Dark Knight Rises
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:32 am

Rushy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:28 am
"You're a bald guy."

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:07 am

It does occur to me that the walker's anniversary specials might've gone a lot smoother if they had a smaller cast but then you would've seen the parasites complaining about being left out. Which I think some of the absolute nobodies did. Linkara acts smug about his audio drama but it's easier to do such a thing over skype or whatever. Linkara also just seems bitter they didn't use his 'amazing' ideas. you can say a lot about douge but these people make him look a lot better. He might've let his ego get the better of him when he did demo reel but unlike them he had a big enough following to justify it (just a little).

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:53 am

Doge is also way more professional than all of them combined, which is a baffling thing to say but it's true. Imagine he'd ever openly bitch about all those dickheads and their shit he had to deal with for years.
Guest wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:32 am
Rushy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:28 am
"You're a bald guy."
"If you shave that hair off, will you die?"
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:59 am

Kickassia is passable for an internet spergfest. Suburban Knights and TBF are both full body cancer.
That said, the CA B-Team certainly wouldn't do any better. And it wouldn't get any views.