Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:20 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:50 pm
Also rich coming from the guy who can't get over One More Day.
It's his personal Vietnam!
Nah, not really. He just heard it's been a big deal for comicfags and because he's got autism he doesn't realize that nobody actually cares anymore.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:20 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:50 pm
Also rich coming from the guy who can't get over One More Day.
It's his personal Vietnam!
Nah, not really. He just heard it's been a big deal for comicfags and because he's got autism he doesn't realize that nobody actually cares anymore.
Spider-man always sells. It's one of the two rules of Marvel(the second rule being Wolverine always sells). The book can become total shit, Spider-man always sells. It's not a battle worth having

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:36 am
  • Linkara knows better than Marvel & DC how to sell and advertise
  • Linkara has single-handedly grown their customer bases more than they have
  • If something starts to suck, you have no right to complain about it
  • dun like dun watch
  • Saying someone's work is bad is toxic harassment
  • These don't apply to Linky because he's a critic, not a fan
  • Linkara is better than you
Forgot one:
  • Linky could've been a based troll, but he CHOSE not to
So more of his complete delusion that he has a meaningful positive impact on the sales of anything. Fucker couldn't even sell his OWN comic book, let alone anyone else's! The MCU, hate it as much as you want (and should), sells billions of tickets and has had a negligible effect on comic sales, but Linky with his less than a thousandth of the views is the one making a difference. :roll:

Maybe you were comparing him to Moviebob in terms of complete delusion about his own importance because this is some superior future shit.

Followed by the typical shitlib "it's different when I do it" bullshit. You ain't any more of a professional critic than Yellowflash, Captain Cummings, Mim's Headroom, or any of the rest just because you used to work for Doge, you fatass cockslut. Now quit harassing Frank Miller and take your toxic videos on him down if you actually mean a word of the bullshit you say.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:24 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:55 pm
Followed by the typical shitlib "it's different when I do it" bullshit. You ain't any more of a professional critic than Yellowflash, Captain Cummings, Mim's Headroom, or any of the rest just because you used to work for Doge, you fatass cockslut. Now quit harassing Frank Miller and take your toxic videos on him down if you actually mean a word of the bullshit you say.
In his rant he was making fun of Marvel's "lifestyle" videos, just like ComicsGate people he called racists. (I know he specifically said this about Doge Ernst.) Since he's blocked all these ComicsGate people he probably doesn't realize who is in charge of these videos (some Muslim woman). I guess Linkara's a racist, now, by his standards.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 am

I've always held anyone should be able to criticize anything; that there should be no barrier for entry in criticism. That doesn't make every criticism good; it just means the market should be free, and only those that do a good job should be rewarded with an audience.

Lewis, unsurprisingly, is interested in gatekeeping.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:34 pm

A kiwi did some epic sperging on the actual comic review part of Linky's Cassandra Cain retrospective:
SpoilerShow
So here it is. I don't want to become him, so please correct me if I'm wrong on something. Couple words before we even start, tho. I'm not gonna stop at lies. There are lies, there's stupidity, but there's also very slimy manipulations with context and information I feel the need to point out. You need that to appreciate how rotten this expert is. Also some parts are probably too autistic for some. Skip the cursive if you want more on point autism.

Being the usual late 90s/early 2000s fan he is he has to worship the overhyped millennial darling Casandra Cain. For an expert his list of obscure characters is predictable as all hell.

(2:00) - Link addresses how exactly his hatred for 90s coexist with his favorite comic being from the 90s. The answer is "Late 90s DC was different". So the decade is evil, except that time it was cool, but it's evil.

(2:00) - The list of 90s sins includes:
"Overblown event and storylines" - not really 90s thing, since in both 80s and 90s on average an event can clock anywhere between 18 and 45 issues (if we count all the additional stuff). And even if you gonna use No Man's Land (87 issues) there are events like the first Crisis with 77 or 81 issues, depending on how you counting. And that's me being generous since NML isn't really an event.
"Overflow of characters that can't sustain themselves" - again not really 90s specifically. Superhero comicbooks always tried to introduce characters, many of which didn't stick. Some of which weren't even supposed to stick because they were just cool one-offs.
"The speculator boom, jacketed up prices and gimmicks" - All 3 are just the speculator boom under different aliases. The speculator boom was a real problem of trying to advertise every #1 and then some other issues on top as a collectors item, but why the semantics? To me it comes of like there's aren't enough bad on his list so he has to play it up.

(3:02) - says "There's gonna be a lot of summarizing (of No Man's Land)". Why? You actually don't need No Man's Land for a Batgirl retrospective. She shows up a quarter in. That's at least -25 issues for you to go through and then you can throw away some more since she's a secondary character. Instead you force in an entire storyline only to butcher it in a process even though it's more lucrative than Casandra retrospective could ever be.

(3:31) - Tries to joke about Alfred being berried under rubble and Batman freaking out. I'm including this only because later he takes every single small jab towards Cassandra as a "terrible insensitive douchebaggery"

(4:30) - A weird jab towards governments in general all because a fictional government decided to abandon Gotham after an earthquake. It's not even that crazy. Gotham was always in debt with crime rates through the roof even before supervillains, so now when major businesses and the majority of regular people left they just said "fuck it".

(9:35) - Complains about Batman being all-mighty, knowing who's the woman in a Batgirl suit is. At that point it wasn't the Batgirl this retrospective is about. That was Huntress a character Batman worked with a lot. The implication was always that he recognized her by watching her fighting. Hell since Linky is trying to play NML as more of a Casandra story the body language explanation should be even more obvious. Casandra is a character that introduced the idea of body language being an actual language, so why can't Batman recognize some patterns too?

(11:30) - "Where are the rest of DCU?" This is how you know Linkara doesn't know shit. He makes it sound like it's just something awkward no one acknowledged during NML, but there is an easy explanation. Justice League was simply keeping other villains out. Because people like Ra's al Ghul or Brother Blood would love to take over an empty city. This something that is written on the Wikipedia page of NML and our expert cant be bothered.

(12:05) "Superman can't devote time to help". He can. The problem is that people expect him to babysit them which Sups finds immoral. A bit flimsy combicbook bullshit but the point is he's not a dick about it like Linkara tries to spin it.

(12:47) Pissed at Batman for lashing out on Huntress-Batgirl for losing a part of town he previously secured. Huntress is grownass woman, daughter of a mob boss who supposedly knows how gangs operate. Batman is in a tough position when his city is destroyed and he has to fight for districts and take part in turf wars. Imagine being bumped because you got a major setback and need to fight for everything again. What a baby.

This is a thing about Linkara's retrospectives. It's not about history it's about selling you that Linkara's favorite character is the best thing since sliced bread and that both editors and characters inside the story were terrible to him and berried him. And it's only gonna get worse from here.

(16:40) - says that Nightwing is being a dick and is forcefully written like Batman. All because he doesn't trust Cas. But it's about a girl who's trained to be an assassin by one of the best assassins with a last name Cain.

(18:50) - Ok... This is extra autistic on my part so sorry. He mentions Azrael, but because Azrael is one of the few characters that liked Casandra since day one, he flatters him, calling him "Ex Batman", so that it would mean something, but Azrael was a failure. They tried to make another Batman, but they've rushed him and he didn't had much other than his brutality. I think it was supposed to be like Death of Superman but that one had multiple new Supermen while here there was only one Azrael. But the bottom line Linkara shits on Nightwing and Barbara while ignoring real failure.

(19:50) - Complains about Joker meandering around and then complains when Joker does something, because Joker kills a secondary character (something that always pisses Link off). Not much to say here. No Man's Land was full of anarchy which Joker liked, when anarchy goes down, Joker decides to make some anarchy himself. Gordon's new wife pulls a gun on him, he kills her. Simple. I personally always liked that sequence. Joker sets up a game for Batman and GCPD, they win, Joker kills the one cop that pulled a gun on him and gave up. It's cool how much this is a game to him. But nah, apparently it's bad because a second-rate character died.

(21:14) - laughs at the idea of Lex Luthor taking over Gotham through real estate. 1) It’s a reference to a classic Superman movie. 2) In-story he can't do anything else. Like I said, JL keeps it locked down so Lex goes through charity and the philanthropist rout.

I do give Linkara props for not making a cheap "President Luthor is like Trump!" joke. Probably was hard for him.

Ok, this is where he steers hard into favoritism and victimization. If the first video was mostly stupidity and a little bit of lies and manipulation now it's just lies.

(1:55) - This is winded, but it's tied to how comics are produced so I can't short this. Linky praises the streamlining of art made by an artist who used to draw in a cartoony style, but he acts like it just happened and doesn't gave editors props for what's clearly their achievement. If you watched Linkara even a little bit you know how he hates editorial and acts like artists and writers can just manage themselves (every segment about a crossover events is that). That's because he somehow collected all the bad and stupid of a 2000s fans under his fedora. Art style improving here is because DC editorial is notorious about forcing to keep their character models somewhat consistent. He won't acknowledge editorial improvements but he will bitch about them ruining his favorite B or C list character.

(2:34) - "Barbara is SHOCKINGLY condescending to her". That's a lie. That scene is about poking fun of Cas for acting like a Tom & Jerry character. None of them are angry or offended and just continue talk normally after. It's literally older sister giving you shit.

(3:17)- Same bitching, now at Batman for being concerned that a trained assassin doesn't get his hero routine. Is this even worthy of explanation? Batman who has a big shtick about his rules isn't sure that a hard to communicate with assassin understands his bullshit. And guess what? This whole thing is just a leadup to them having an adventure together and bonding. [see it for yourself in Batgirl (2000) #3] No issue whatsoever, but he makes it an issue because "My character is so special and misunderstood and surrounded by idiots!"

(7:43) - Oh, boy, the usual early 2000s bitching about crossovers. Look, crossovers CAN be bad, I'm not gonna pretend but that's only when there are too much company-wide crossovers that affect the entire world. Smaller crossovers with one big annual crossover is nothing but healthy. Good or bad a crossover is a form of advertisement that is super cheap to do in a comic. Not only it puts the attention on character, but also explains what his deal is, works as a backdoor pilot for some books and many more.
Bottom line, Linky should be happy that his character had so many crossovers, that means they were really trying to push her.

(9:40) - unironically conflates "Being condescending" with "Being against you".

(13:04) - Barbara says to Caas that doing what's right doesn't always feels good. Linkara turns it into "Never feel good and live in a trauma". Some context. Casandra is the "Am I killer at heart..?" character. So when she puts a guy behind bars and doesn't feel satisfaction she gets scared that she's evil. That's where Barbara comes in and says that having bad thoughts is fine, that it's about control and actions you make. How the fuck does he twists it into "You can read it as never feel any satisfaction and don't move on"?

(15:32) - Calls Batman an idiot because he's not sure about an assassin girl. Superman killed so it's not a problem! Except Suyps started good while Cas was raised as a killer. That’s his problem not just killing. It's fascinating how a guy who's all "Muh-Themes" with an English degree can't pick on this.

That's enough for now. Tell me if I should continue or was too autistic about this. I really need criticism.
The main thing I got from all of this is that Lewis is incapable of praising something without tearing something else down. He wants to tell his readers how Cassandra Cain is awesome, so he spends the whole time bashing Batman, Barbara Gordon, and Superman with really unfair interpretations of their actions to better put his Mary Sue waifu favored hero on a pedestal.

I know Cass Cain isn't actually a Mary Sue, but if Linkara ever managed to get his grubby cockslut hands on her, that's absolutely what he would turn her into. Not surprising considering he makes all his own main characters Mary Sue self inserts. He must have loved Captain Marvel.

It's also amazing how negative he is, even when he's trying to be Mr. Comic Book positivity. What a complete phony. He never really grew out of his whiny, nitpicking angry reviewer schtick, he just sneaks it in through the backdoor. Makes sense, considering that's how he likes it in the bedroom.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:40 pm

Btw, he's wrong about Superman in No Man's Land not helping. There was a whole issue of Superman trying to help. It's Batman #566. But, what can you expect with Lewis's laziness

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Even I remember that, and I read that story like once. And while NML introduced Cassandra, it was mainly a Batman story. I think even the then current version of Azrael got more screentime than her.

The thing with Linkara is that he needs to be condescending. He needs to assert that he is right, while somebody else is wrong.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Carol Danvers actually is kinda a terrible person. The only thing she had going for her was she had a hot body and a great outfit to showcase it.

She visited her dying father, hooked up to a bunch of machines and she wasn't able to feel even an iota of sympathy for the man because she "remembered him yelling at her" when she was a kid.

The way she treated her grieving mother was even fucking worse. Yes, I know this is during the time where she had no emotional attachment to her memories, but people are able to have empathy to even complete strangers more than Carol did in that story.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:17 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 am
I've always held anyone should be able to criticize anything; that there should be no barrier for entry in criticism. That doesn't make every criticism good; it just means the market should be free, and only those that do a good job should be rewarded with an audience.

Lewis, unsurprisingly, is interested in gatekeeping.
The barrier to being a critic is expertise and experience - which most self-titled critics lack.