Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
drisko

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by drisko » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:36 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:44 am
Dunno much about his non-IN side, but he keeps doing it in videos and comment replies where he's not actually supposed to be his Linkara character. I think the most mellow complaining I've ever seen from him was from some vlog (I think) where he said the turn-based battles in Pokeymanz look boring or something.

(Though it's hard to tell if there even is a difference to begin with.)
He's complained about that a few times. He wants real time controls, basically an adventure game where you don't have to wait your turn and you can use the environment to your advantage with certain types. Honestly, it's not that bad an idea and could be fun if done right, but would require a major risk on Nintendo's part and the formula has served them well for the past twenty years so I doubt they'd try it.

As for his character, back in the early days he used to be really flat and boring whenever he did a commentary. Ben probably knows better but he seems like that quiet, reserved guy who doesn't interact much and rarely pipes up.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Kinda like Zelda with Pokeymans. Could be interesting. I also wonder if he likes Pokken.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Whybother

Post by Whybother » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:11 am

Turning turn based jrpg franchises into real time adventure games sucks every fucking time. I don't think Picachu is gonna change that.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Whybother wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:11 am
Turning turn based jrpg franchises into real time adventure games sucks every fucking time. I don't think Picachu is gonna change that.
Case in point: the DS remake of Lufia (Estpolis Denki). God, that thing looks awful.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:10 pm

i thought the ds remake of lufia 2 was supposed to be good. i havent actually played either.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:36 pm

A shame if that also got turned real-time. Classic Lufia 2 had slick combat with a context help system that was ahead of its time and must've blown a few minds back then.
Whybother wrote:
I hate that shit, especially if that game still tries to be a JRPG. The camera's usually arse, and the combat is too stiff and clunky for an Action RPG and too chaotic for a proper JRPG (what with the camera and your party no being comprised of brain-dead AI buddies).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Ffs, if he wants to button mash while capturing shit, he should just play monster Hunter.

And as for how Lewis was... In real life he's quiet and fades into the wallpaper. Online, he was always a loud, entitled, opinionated ass.

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:53 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:36 pm
A shame if that also got turned real-time. Classic Lufia 2 had slick combat with a context help system that was ahead of its time and must've blown a few minds back then.
Whybother wrote:
I hate that shit, especially if that game still tries to be a JRPG. The camera's usually arse, and the combat is too stiff and clunky for an Action RPG and too chaotic for a proper JRPG (what with the camera and your party no being comprised of brain-dead AI buddies).
So Final Fantasy XV?

I like when RPGs think outside the box and try new things, but some games are just meant to be the time tested turn based. I feel like ATB was a good alternative, but not every JRPG needs to be a mediocre stylish action game. Even games like Vesperia were smart enough to not go down the path, but instead dabbled with the idea but kept the RPG intact.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Haven't played XV, but I feared it would be like that. Fuck, even the universal darling of this genre that is Tales of Symphonia keeps triggering me with shit like spell animations that keep disrupting the flow to show off micro-cutscenes (aka the screen going dark for a split-second and the character shouting some shit). That might even be tolerable if I could zoom out the camera to show the entire area at once so it doesn't have to zip all over the goddamn place for those spells.

I think the only game (sorta) like that I actually dug was Grandia 2, and that's basically just a ATB system where everyone as to physically cover the distance to their intended target.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:35 pm

The actual darling of the Tales series' combat system is rhe Tales of Destiny remake for the PS2. That shit looks hectic and yet very satisfying:

Too bad that, of course, it was never ported here, and the guys working on a translation patch dropped the project entirely (they much rather release a patch for every version of Tales of Phantasia released on multiple consoles instead)