Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 24, 2020 6:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:10 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:41 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:33 pm
written "Pollo", but it's spelled "Poyo" for some reason
You mean pronounced. And that's how you pronounce the Spanish word "Pollo", which means chicken.
Named after the only food he will eat because of his autism.
Absolutely true. It's a wonder he didn't call it Tendy.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 24, 2020 6:21 pm

Such an obvious reference would be a disservice to his English and Philosphy degrees.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sun May 24, 2020 7:35 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:13 pm
Everything about Lewis's review show format is ripped off, then austitically evolved to it's autistic conclusion.

I'll just go through a very rough outline

* "Hello and welcome to" - Direct from Doge
* Tone and tenor when talking about the media being reviewed in the opening - Also from Doge
* Format of cutting back and forth from the media being reviewed to his reactions - Doge
* Intertwined storyline where he beats up a physical embodiment of the media he's reviewing - Rolfe started this, but Lewis is more ripping off Spoony in execution.
* Robot - Spoony's Burton.
* Magic weapon - This one is a bit weird. While this was for his Silent Hill review and was pointing out something there, I think the whole need for a weapon to be a reviewer was from Doge.
* Linksano - Spoony's Dr. Insano.
* Harvey Finevoice - Vic Fontaine from DS9.
* Spaceship - Angry Joe.
* Ranger Form - From Power Rangers
* Ask That Guy in the Hat - I think he retired this, but a blatant ripoff of "Ask that guy with the glasses"

Guy doesn't have an original thought. He's still riding on the leftovers that Doge, Spoony, and Rolfe left him.
And he went after Bores when he was the biggest rip off in the planet? :lol:

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Sun May 24, 2020 7:43 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:13 pm
* "Hello and welcome to" - Direct from Doge
* Tone and tenor when talking about the media being reviewed in the opening - Also from Doge
* Format of cutting back and forth from the media being reviewed to his reactions - Doge
* Intertwined storyline where he beats up a physical embodiment of the media he's reviewing - Rolfe started this, but Lewis is more ripping off Spoony in execution.
* Robot - Spoony's Burton.
* Magic weapon - This one is a bit weird. While this was for his Silent Hill review and was pointing out something there, I think the whole need for a weapon to be a reviewer was from Doge.
* Linksano - Spoony's Dr. Insano.
* Harvey Finevoice - Vic Fontaine from DS9.
* Spaceship - Angry Joe.
* Ranger Form - From Power Rangers
* Ask That Guy in the Hat - I think he retired this, but a blatant ripoff of "Ask that guy with the glasses"
Not to belabor the point too hard (far too late), but the fact that all of this is wrapped up in an in-review self-insert storyline that he takes deadly seriously really does smack of not only Chris-Chan, but the whole well-worn motif of escapism-based wish-fulfillment self-insert fanfiction in general, especially with how obsessive he is about maintaining its integrity and continuity. All of that hodgepodge from other reviewers? Only goes to serve something else that tons of other people already did/do.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 24, 2020 7:47 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:35 pm
And he went after Bores when he was the biggest rip off in the planet? :lol:
He legit used Bores' storylines as proof that his storytelling is superior.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sun May 24, 2020 8:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:46 am
Vaporwear wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:58 am
Yeah and he also ripped off a couple other things from Spoony, like a couple of his running gags and he ripped off Spoony’s ending to his Phantasmagoria review and placed it at the end of one of his videos (I forget which one)
Is that the epic plotline where he makes several clones of Spoony, thus ensuring his fellow reviewer's show can continue?
If you cloned Spoony all you would get would be a bunch of basement morlocks fighting over ramen, whiskey, and bandwidth while flooding twitter and giving each other sad clonejobs while thinking of April.

How many Spoony clones does it take to walk Oreo?

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun May 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Just one. Miles.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 pm

He doesn't walk that dog. Its a combination of letting her out the back and letting her shit all over the house. The latter being especially true since it's getting foreclosed on. His revenge for someone daring to hold him accountable for his actions.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sun May 24, 2020 10:34 pm

A few points.

1) Yes, Lewis did exactly the same thing Chris Bores did. Chris entered an "out-nerd the nerd" contest with his first Irate Gamer vid, then decided to keep doing it. Lewis did a similar contest Doge started on his site, and his character's original name was "That Guy With the Hat". He was a near literal carbon copy of Doge at first, down to doing "Ask That Guy" vids.
2) Lewis took the feud against Bores seriously. I can imagine Doge and company in early Channel Awesome skype calls making some Chris Bores jokes a few times, but Lewis took it as "Someone has to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!". This includes his badly done "I Rate Comics" video and his even more cringy activity on an anti-Irate Gamer forum.
3) Do I think James, Doge, Noah, Brad, etc treated Chris Bores as a literal enemy that HAD TO BE DESTROYED? I really don't think so. Other than a few jabs at the guy in private, I think all of them, spoony included, didn't care enough to dedicate energy to it.
4) I can almost guarantee if Chris Bores had a way to offer Lewis more fame and fortune, Lewis would instantly flip and become Bores' biggest defender.
5) Yes, Lewis, at least when I knew him, thought fictional worlds were real. I think Mister Show will still insist unless we have more corroboration, that Lewis was speaking metaphorically. Does he still believe it? Not too sure.
6) We've seen a lot of times where Lewis tries to treat online reviewing with skits as "just dumb fun" when talking about it broadly, but when discussing his own skits treat it as 'serious business'.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 24, 2020 11:04 pm

Of course. He is a professional filmmaker who weaves deep and intricate plots.
Guest wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:01 pm
How many Spoony clones does it take to walk Oreo?
You could clone an infinite number of Spoonys, yet it will never be enough for this Herculean task.
-Yours Truly