Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by Rushy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:14 pm

I marathoned the first seven seasons, but kinda lost interest after it stopped being a sitcom and became a full-on cartoon
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kama

Post by Kama » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:24 pm

I actually don't hate the simpsons like many do. I agree the quality went down but I still find it easy to watch whenever there isn't anything better on or I need some background noise. I wouldn't even say The Simpsons is a high tier cartoon.

I wouldn't really say that about Futurama either, but because of the few episodes people love like Jurassic Bark people think it's one of the most big brained cartoons ever.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:26 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:12 pm
While that may be partially true, with regards to The Critic his hatred is probably somewhat justified. When they moved the show from ABC to Fox, Fox slashed the budget. They fucked with the timeslot. Then they cancelled it. The Critic producers were working out a deal to move the show to UPN (which would've meant an even further reduced budget) but Fox didn't give an official cancellation notice until much later to prevent the producers from moving the show to another network and risk the show becoming a big success elsewhere.
Dude, when The Critic first moved to FOX, FOX executives treated it like a big deal. They gave the Critic a good timeslot, lots of promotion, and, yes, a lower budget, but that's because they were in a position make such demands. Hell, the crossover episode was FOX mandated.

Groening hated that, and fought it tooth and nail. He saw The Critic as unfunny, and hated especially how people, even prior to the FOX move, associated The Critic with himself, even though he had nothing to do with it.

Kama

Post by Kama » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:58 pm

I remember actually enjoying the critic as a kid. Kind of funny how Groening saw it as unfunny given how he treats the simpsons now.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Kama wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:58 pm
I remember actually enjoying the critic as a kid. Kind of funny how Groening saw it as unfunny given how he treats the simpsons now.
Also kind of funny considering he just made Disenchanted.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Kama wrote:
The Critic has no sublty. Look at how they handled Orson Wells jokes. In The Critic, Orson Wells is literally drinking wine from a jug. Most of the Orson Wells jokes in The Simpsons were a lot more subtle, like the episode with Bobo.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:12 pm
Kama wrote:
Also also kind of funny seeing as he had no problems with a fucking Family Guy crossover
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:59 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:12 pm
Kama wrote:
Also also kind of funny seeing as he had no problems with a fucking Family Guy crossover
Both shows are corpses and it was quick money.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:01 pm

Calling Family Guy a corpse would imply that it was alive at one point.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kama

Post by Kama » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:06 pm

Granted people argue the first... what... two seasons were good.