Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:25 am

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:49 am
True, look at the first two seasons of The Simpsons, there is a reason you never see them on reruns and they start at Season 3 when he had very little say and just collected the shekels.
It's from Season 2 that he just started collecting the shekels. Dunno how it is on Spider Island but they re-run Season 2 a lot over here.
Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:05 pm
Even Groening, for all you derided him, saw the critic as tv cancer and fought the crossover ep with every thing he had.
I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that, aside from that brilliant scene where you have Anthony Hopkins and William Shatner auditioning for the part of Mr Burns, it was a pretty crappy episode.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:59 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:25 am
Poonoo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:49 am
True, look at the first two seasons of The Simpsons, there is a reason you never see them on reruns and they start at Season 3 when he had very little say and just collected the shekels.
It's from Season 2 that he just started collecting the shekels. Dunno how it is on Spider Island but they re-run Season 2 a lot over here.
On my CW station they'd just run through every episode from season one until their syndication package ran out and they started over again. Maybe they'd air the episode where Bart runs out on Thanksgiving at Thanksgiving.

Kama

Post by Kama » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:08 am

And yet you guys worship him for Futurama

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 pm

Kama wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:08 am
Seeing how quick that shit went south I'd be more inclined that it worked despite him than because of him.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 pm
Kama wrote:
Seeing how quick that shit went south I'd be more inclined that it worked despite him than because of him.
Futurama had some wit, but again, Groening had a talent with filling the writer's room early on with rock stars. Just look at who worked on the Simpsons early on(Conan O'Brian and Brad Bird?!? WTF?) Futurama had some gems, but the show was cancelled for a reason. It was, at times, clever.

Rick and Morty is 'stupid person clever'. Half the episodes of Rick and Morty come from them feeding the show's creator a bunch of Jack Daniels, and recording what he mutters while running around the studio in a drunk stupor.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:18 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:58 pm
Rick and Morty is 'stupid person clever'.
Sounds about right but I'll have to take your word for it since I've never actually seen it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:17 pm

You'd have to have pretty high intelligence to understand it, anyways.
Kama wrote:
It's just one of the rare Western animu that doesn't immediately make me want to poke my eyes out.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:54 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Just look at who worked on the Simpsons early on(Conan O'Brian and Brad Bird?!? WTF?)
Brad Bird never gets enough credit for his work on the Simpsons.

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:12 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Futurama had some gems, but the show was cancelled for a reason. It was, at times, clever.
The Simpsons used to be clever.

Futurama got cancelled because the way they set it up was that Groening and the other show creators would get the same level of profit share and creative control over the show as they did on The Simpsons. Difference was that Fox was just starting out when they bought The Simpsons whereas they were an established network when they were negotiating for Futurama and they wanted greater control over the show. Groening told them no and the way they did The Simpsons was the only way he does business. They caved and gave him what he wanted but they always hated Futurama. They'd pre-empt it frequently and just generally fucked with it and eventually, after the fourth production season, they just declined to order any more episodes.
Osterzone wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:13 am
Part of that's because Al Jean wanted his show on a "better" network, despite FOX being the only network that gives animation a chance. All the "FOX Sucks" jokes on Simpsons were added by Jean because he hates that he used to write for NBC, a big boy network, but owes all his success to FOX.
While that may be partially true, with regards to The Critic his hatred is probably somewhat justified. When they moved the show from ABC to Fox, Fox slashed the budget. They fucked with the timeslot. Then they cancelled it. The Critic producers were working out a deal to move the show to UPN (which would've meant an even further reduced budget) but Fox didn't give an official cancellation notice until much later to prevent the producers from moving the show to another network and risk the show becoming a big success elsewhere.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:56 pm

I watched the fuck out of The Simpsons in the mid to late 90s. I saw the first episode where they get Santa's Little Helper many times. But for whatever reason I mever saw the episode where Bart catches the three eyed fish. That one I've only seen once - when it originally aired.
Is Spoony dead yet?