Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
BenComicGraphics

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:00 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:53 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:49 am
You're just jelly of his sick jpeg collection.
I'll have you know that I'm the moronic proud owner of a Banu Merchant 500$ LTI ship myself!
Ya know, it's kinda funny, I was a big Wing Commander fan when I was very young, and Star Citizen looked to be a campaign very tailor made for me... yet oddly every time I looked at it, I kept avoiding pledging. Something just felt... off. Chris Roberts didn't get a single cent, but I did sign up for their e-newsletter. I keep getting update emails every month about how close Squadron 42 is, and I can't help but laugh.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:10 am

I think you were just subconsciously repulsed by the bullshit promises of an immersivly persistent multiplayer experience.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:21 am

It's funny that No Man's Sky pretty much module'd and free updated themselves into what Star Citizen promised itself to be.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:06 am

God, got to the last episode, and seeing Ben Lesnick wearing a Pilgrim's Cross around his neck everywhere(which is part of the Wing Commander franchise that even the most diehard fans disowned) like a fucking Sonichu medallian.... Goddammit Ben.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:21 am

For me it was a phase when I was clan leader and Mechwarrior Online wasn't working out. You couldn't even purposely play against another group.
So Star Citizen looked like something to do as an interim solution.
That was ten fucking years ago. I just checked and the podcast I was in, talking about how we quit Mechearrior Online, was uploaded in 2014. Fucking insane!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:25 am

Ridiculous. We talk about e-celeb scams here, but Star Shittyzen has to be one of the longest-running, most profitable and last-delivered-on. So much money has been shuffled into that project, and so much time, for nothing of value.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:31 am

It's still a tech demo at best with "modules" that will never ever go together because that's plain and simply not how the Critech engine works.
It surpassed a scam. It's a cult by now.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:37 pm

I wonder if there's any fandom overlap between Star Citizen and Final Fantasy 7. Both seem to be full of idiots firmly believing that their game of choice is just too grandiose in scope to ever be contained in just one game.
The only thing that will ever get close to release will be Squadron 42, aka the singleplayer module, aka what they should've focused on from the start instead of promising the Eierlegende Wollmilchsau of space sims.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:25 am
Ridiculous. We talk about e-celeb scams here, but Star Shittyzen has to be one of the longest-running, most profitable and last-delivered-on. So much money has been shuffled into that project, and so much time, for nothing of value.
Lord British must be butthurt af that his Shroud of the Avatar never even got a fraction of the attention (aka money), even though it was the exact same type of scam (reanimate some gaming industry zombie that hasn't been relevant in decades to promote the most cromulent MMORPG to ever be embiggened, except you don't call it an "MMORPG" but rather a "persistent online multiplayer sandbox (experience)", as was the style at the time).
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:21 am
It's funny that No Man's Sky pretty much module'd and free updated themselves into what Star Citizen promised itself to be.
Well, for as much as much as a letdown the initial release was, at least they had a core base to build upon.
Star Shitizen on the other hand has like multiple studios working on multiple "modules" when there probably isn't even a halfway stable "core" to work off of.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:39 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:21 am
I was clan leader
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:40 pm

I probably shouldn't mention that BattleTech has an actual mech called Grand Dragon.
-Yours Truly