Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:26 pm

He's outgrown that stupid looking hat now, the fucking fathead.

I'm surprised it doesn't pop off his head like the end of Roger Rabbit.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:05 am

Like one of those squeezy eyeball toys.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:03 am

impiousimp wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:37 pm

>catboys
I see that his cock sluttery would sometimes subtly reveal itself, but nothing that would make people seriously question his sexuality. Considering he couldn't help shoving rape into everything that he wrote at the time, I'm really surprised he was able to stop himself from mentioning dickgirls.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:22 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:13 pm
And now he's talking about 're-evaluating' Dragnet... He totally didn't get the point of Dragnet.
Oh geez. I remember an old video of his praising the show. Although there was an episode where Joe Friday says he hates faggots. Lewis handwaved that away by saying Jack Webb would have loved queers if he was alive today.

I suppose now he has to disown and "cancel" the show to stay in his Church of Woke.
お前はもう死んでいる。

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:35 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:22 am
BenComicGraphics wrote:
And now he's talking about 're-evaluating' Dragnet... He totally didn't get the point of Dragnet.
Oh geez. I remember an old video of his praising the show. Although there was an episode where Joe Friday says he hates faggots. Lewis handwaved that away by saying Jack Webb would have loved queers if he was alive today.

I suppose now he has to disown and "cancel" the show to stay in his Church of Woke.
The 1966 revival of Dragnet was made at the height of anti-police sentiment that makes current day look like a petulant temper tantrum.

Jack Webb wanted to be an advocate of the police. He didn't want to excuse bad behavior, but he wanted to show for the average cop, the job was long hours, little pay, and thankless work. He helped birth the concept of the police procedural, and I've rewatched Dragnet many times. I'd never disavow it or 're-evaluate' it; the sentiment is a good one: the majority of cops are hard working people that are too busy to screw around with citizens.

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:51 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:35 am
Liar Revealed wrote:
BenComicGraphics wrote:

The 1966 revival of Dragnet was made at the height of anti-police sentiment that makes current day look like a petulant temper tantrum.

Jack Webb wanted to be an advocate of the police. He didn't want to excuse bad behavior, but he wanted to show for the average cop, the job was long hours, little pay, and thankless work. He helped birth the concept of the police procedural, and I've rewatched Dragnet many times. I'd never disavow it or 're-evaluate' it; the sentiment is a good one: the majority of cops are hard working people that are too busy to screw around with citizens.
Sergeant Friday's badge number (714, a tribute to Babe Ruth's career home run total) was retired by the LAPD, and Webb is the only civilian in US history to be buried with full police honors. I've often wondered what a grounded "just the facts" Dragnet-style show would look like in more modern times with more modern technology, but I have zero faith that they wouldn't completely fuck it up, especially right now right now.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:53 am

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:51 am
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Liar Revealed wrote:

Sergeant Friday's badge number (714, a tribute to Babe Ruth's career home run total) was retired by the LAPD, and Webb is the only civilian in US history to be buried with full police honors. I've often wondered what a grounded "just the facts" Dragnet-style show would look like in more modern times with more modern technology, but I have zero faith that they wouldn't completely fuck it up, especially right now right now.
Webb was lucky enough to run the production without a lot of oversight. He got to do the show he wanted without someone injecting long running plots(the only thing that possibly counts was Ganon trying to raise pigeons), inter departmental drama, or fake forensic science(ok, there's a lot of out-dated forensics, but outright fake? no)

We need a Dragnet today, IMHO

impiousimp

Post by impiousimp » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:17 am

I was gonna make the Lightbringer proxy character (guy who gets the light powers) be a cop but then George flloyd happened. I already said this, but as much as I'd like to do that I dont want to detract from the superhero story. Could use a decent cop character though.

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:23 am

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:51 am
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Liar Revealed wrote:

Reno 911 is getting a revival and the trailer gave me an ACAB vibe, so yeah, no luck for a serious show.

impiousimp

Post by impiousimp » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:44 am

Any thoughts on what I can do to really stick it to lewis in the comic?