Channel nobodies twitter movement

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
pibbs

Re: Channel nobodies twitter movement

Post by pibbs » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:40 am

I tell you one damn thing, if I had been one of these nobodies I would have brought my own damn car or rented one. Also, I would have gotten my own room so I wouldn't have to share. Could you imagine having to bunk with Marzgurl, Linkara, or RapeWario?
These parasites were worse than kids. Sure, I get it. Channel Awesome flew then in, got them free rooms etc. But I would have eaten the costs just so id have freedom and privacy.

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:47 am

pibbs wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:40 am
I tell you one damn thing, if I had been one of these nobodies I would have brought my own damn car or rented one. Also, I would have gotten my own room so I wouldn't have to share. Could you imagine having to bunk with Marzgurl, Linkara, or RapeWario?
These parasites were worse than kids. Sure, I get it. Channel Awesome flew then in, got them free rooms etc. But I would have eaten the costs just so id have freedom and privacy.
I imagine 2 out of 3 of those would rape you.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:57 am

pibbs wrote:
Could you imagine having to bunk with Marzgurl, Linkara, or RapeWario?
Yea, at least with two of those you know you're getting laid.

drisko

Post by drisko » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:33 am

pibbs wrote:
You'd probably get roped into production if you had your own vehicle. Like "Hey, since you're driving to Molossia, can you take some shit with you?" and of course if you say no, you're the asshole.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 am

drisko wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:33 am
You'd probably get roped into production if you had your own vehicle. Like "Hey, since you're driving to Molossia, can you take some shit with you?" and of course if you say no, you're the asshole.
Honestly, I wouldn't have minded. A time ago I used to be a PA on film shoots, and I would have helped Doge's production behind the scenes. I love filmmaking and would work where I was needed. Mainly because I wasnt one of these entitled adult children.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:15 am
Rapeculture wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:08 pm
They were all hypocritical douchebags and whined about silly shit like getting left behind when some of the others went to Applebee's. Even Brad Jones made fun of that last bit in a tweet recently.
Link?
This is going back years and I can't be bothered to go back and scrounge for it, but Spoony said the same thing. I think it was in the commentary track for Suburban due to Suede being part of the spiel. I caught snippets of the same thing from others, but I never really followed them.

Anyway, the take away is that he went on for a while that the big divide at the time was between the people who were invited to be part of the anniversary movies and those who weren't, and those who weren't asked were angry about it. The specific bit I remember was that there was, apparently, a stink going on because Suede had been asked to come when he'd gone silent for over a year while others who were active weren't.

It made me roll my eyes at the 'we were forced to go for no money' rants that came out of CTC since CA had so many people waiting in the wings who'd have loved to go. Even at the time, one or two might have been missed if they weren't there, but no one else.

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:09 am

pibbs wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 am
Honestly, I wouldn't have minded. A time ago I used to be a PA on film shoots, and I would have helped Doge's production behind the scenes. I love filmmaking and would work where I was needed. Mainly because I wasnt one of these entitled adult children.
Yeah, it probably wouldn't be that bad. As long as Michaud didn't start thinking of you as an indentured servant it'd probably be fine.

I've always wondered what might have happened if one of the others had actually tried to make a movie during the peak years rather than waiting until well after their popularity had bottomed out. If you could go back to 2009 and grab the bigger names, along with some other nobodies who will make it big later (Convince Jenna Marbles to get her tits out and watch as sales spike when she gets more popular later) you could probably establish a franchise that, if you're careful about how you do it, could end up bringing in some decent scratch you could use to cash in on other trends before they become trends.

But what would happen with the anniversary specials? People were getting pissed with the lack of professionalism on Suburban Knights, imagine how they'd be if you got them on a real set and actually paid them.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Jenna Marbles has genuinely more funny videos than all of CA combined ever had. They would've distanced themselves from her either way for her Hilldawg videos.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:43 pm

Oh yeah, but before that they would have tried sucking up to her to try and get more clicks. I can see Lindsay doing that.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:27 am

drisko wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:43 pm
Oh yeah, but before that they would have tried sucking up to her to try and get more clicks. I can see Lindsay doing that.
Can you imagine just for a second how fucking hard those two would clash? They'd absolutely hate each other. I would've liked to see that. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!