Uneducated "critics" of "art" and "culture" on ((youtube))

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
TheManWithNoPlan

Re: Uneducated "critics" of "art" and "culture" on ((youtube))

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:56 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:34 pm
He's the Cinema Snob if that was an actual person, right?
Now he's the most stereotypical pseudo-intellectual, condescending, liberal cuck you'll ever watch.

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:51 pm
wildmage wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:38 pm
Don't get me wrong, he's as pompous and obnoxious as the next critic but you can see that he knows what the hell he's talking about when he talks about game design (it's when he tries to philosophize that you can close the tab).
I disagree. All talk about game design from that twat I've seen were shit ideas from a faggy "elevating the medium" standpoint.
At least the guy can code/has coded/is still coding. Yout have to take his faggotry with a grain of salt because sometimes leading a vidya project where you're expected result (i.e. not crowdfunded shit) can lead to some very interesting insights in the industry. Besides, I can't fault a guy for being produ of his trade.

But the long haired aide at EC claims to have worked on Call of Duty 4, when in reality he was the intern that brough coffee to the codemonkeys at Treyarch. Yet he keeps on bragging how he is an experienced game developer.

As an example, imagine two guys that are anti-war: one has served 2 tours in the Middle-East, came back ok-ish, went to the national guard and finally quit. The other one got a cushy do-nothing job in the reserve where he was a glorified librarian but still kept the libshit "every army is oppressive" mentality. Regardless of your stance on the army, you can see that one of them has points based on experience while the other should only just shut the hell up.

ban

Post by ban » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:54 pm

You fuckers need to stop giving those aidsfaggots at Errant Signal even so much as attention when it comes to vidya. These fuckers are Phill Fish-levels of incompetent. Their entire existence can be summarised like this :

Video games are like hand-arts(painting, sculpting) and / or plumbing(and other similar jobs). If you can explain it in great detail, you have no fucking idea how it truly works. If you know how it truly works, it's because you wire your brain in such a way in order to understand the kinks, the tricks and the inner workings of what you do in the simplest of terms and basically describe what you do in basic terms with no flair because it's visceral. It's not science where eloquence of the tongue and an expanded vocabulary has to be along with expert knowledge and motor skills to do your research and job. Errant signal are the outsiders, the observers pretentding to understand how that works and pass themselves as game devs and guardians of video game knowledge, they are the pretenders.

But speaking of pretenders and shills, WEW LAD :

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How much of a fucking retard shill do you have to be to make such a video. This is Ivory Tower levels of self-blindness. :lol:

Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

BobbyBoucher

Post by BobbyBoucher » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:23 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:37 pm
On topic: Noah Caldwell-Gervais
A complete moron. One of those ultra "gaems r art" faggots with top of the line shit taste who's almost as consistently wrong about anything he states as Extra Credits. I despise everything about that person. The only video of his I'd rate well would be one where he's beaten to death by a bum with a shovel.

Edit: For an example of how he's completely wrong: He thinks that Bioshok: Infinite is the best game in the -shock series. According to him, every game improved upon the other to culminate in the high art, cerebral academic game that is Infinite, when in reality it's the exact opposite and System Shock was the best game of the series and it got worse with every title.
If you watch the BioShock's director commentary with Geoff Keighley and Ken Levine, it reveals just how shoddily put together the game was. Some of the characters are behind windows and shrouded in darkness. That wasn't artistic, but was necessary because they reused Splicer models.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:34 pm

BobbyBoucher wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:23 am
If you watch the BioShock's director commentary with Geoff Keighley and Ken Levine, it reveals just how shoddily put together the game was. Some of the characters are behind windows and shrouded in darkness. That wasn't artistic, but was necessary because they reused Splicer models.
And yet, when Kubrick Coppola did the same to hide Marlon Brando's fatness in Apocalypse Now, it's considered art.

EDIT: Thanks jpakke, I got the two names confused for some reason - which means that, while I was writting, if you have asked me who directed the Godfather movies, I would have answered "Kubrick".
Last edited by Le Redditeur on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:49 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:34 pm
BobbyBoucher wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:23 am
And yet, when Kubrick did the same to hide Marlon Brando's fatness in Apocalypse Now, it's considered art.
That was Coppola, not Kubrick.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:06 pm

These sweaty, balding hairy movie directors look all the same...

On topic, I hate Extra Credits autistic stick figure shit - people give that Yahtzee faggot a pass because his figures are wacky and edgy, but Extra Credits's shit just looks like it was drawn by your average diaperfur deviantart with zero talent or experience. It looks like shit for little children and he's trying to act like a serious adult.

As for "the other Noah", I'll always gladly shit on him as well, because unlike Kugel, I did like some of his first videos where he was still just some guy working at pizzeria - in my eyes, just like many others, he has transformed into completely worthless cunt only later, and he should've stayed at the fucking pizzeria. The only hope is for him to drive off a cliff in his shortbus (I think I made that joke before, but whatever, it fits).
Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:34 pm
to hide Marlon Brando's fatness in Apocalypse Now, it's considered art.
Just the fact that he was able to finish the movie and turn it into something watchable and interesting should be considered an art (and miracle) itself.
wildmage wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:41 pm
What about projared?
Alien Head Shit Kid (that's how he prefers to be called) might have punchable face, but in the end, it's about the shit these people say or do, and I would say that Onancitizen is far more puchable than the birdface.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

OldManBones

Post by OldManBones » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:39 pm

Ah yes, Mother's Basement. Him along with Digibrony are some of the most retarded anime 'critics' on that horrid video site. I think video game critics still win out in faggotry simply because there seems to be nothing but pseudo intellectuals out there, compared to anime which is usually just full of autists talking about the next episode of dragonball.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:01 pm

I dunno, Digibro fits the description of "pseudo intellectual" very, very well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

OldManBones

Post by OldManBones » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:29 pm

I agree but video game critics seem to be nothing but digibrony types.