Star Wars Youtubers :World Class Autism

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Star Wars Youtubers :World Class Autism

Post by Poonoo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:16 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 pm
To be fair, I could see voting for Obama the first time, before we knew the expectations were very, very far from the reality.
Especially since he was up against the party that started the Iraq War that was talking about invading Iran next if elected. People were really sick of Neo-Cons, Hillary and Obama were fucking nasty in the primaries because they knew that was the real election. Even the Democrats now have a better chance of winning 2020 than the Republicans did in 2008.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:45 am

The YouTube algorithm is pure cancer. Watch one Star Wars video and your recommendations flare up with endless Star Wars video essays. It's like herpes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:45 am
The YouTube algorithm is pure cancer. Watch one Star Wars video and your recommendations flare up with endless Star Wars video essays. It's like herpes.
I have a feeling that's not some algorithm but just because YT is fucking filled to the brim with those.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:20 pm

My recommendations are too clocked up by mikushit for Star Wars to have any kind of chance. I have freed myself from the shackles of Disney, and for that, I am euphoric.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:06 pm

Yeah I'm glad I never got into Star Wars. I only have the little knowledge I have about because of how it's referenced in pretty much every single piece of media.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Vaporwear

Post by Vaporwear » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:46 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:06 pm
Yeah I'm glad I never got into Star Wars. I only have the little knowledge I have about because of how it's referenced in pretty much every single piece of media.
Eh there's like 13 movies at this point and only 2 of them are actually legitimately good movies. And even then you have to find the theatrical cuts because the enhanced versions actually make those films worse.

It's low tier sci-fi garbage for children and if you missed it as a child then you're better off skipping it now. That said, I do like the Mandalorian.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:12 pm

When the Silver Screen and Grindhouse fan remasters came out I gave the OT my full attention for the first time in my life. They were meh. Not my thing.
I thought I'd watch them because I "should know" Star Wars since its such a common reference point, something I probably wouldn't have done do now. I didn't bother watching the PT for meme purposes as I had planned at the time.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:16 pm

Vaporwear wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:46 am
Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:06 pm
Eh there's like 13 movies at this point and only 2 of them are actually legitimately good movies. And even then you have to find the theatrical cuts because the enhanced versions actually make those films worse.

It's low tier sci-fi garbage for children and if you missed it as a child then you're better off skipping it now.
This. You may as well watch The Last Starfighter or TRON. It's debatable if the "good" star wars movies are really any better than those or similar cult classics. The only "good" star wars movies are New Hope and Empire. Return is a big mess with a lot of flaws. Prequels are garbage and the disney ones are even worse.

SW doesn't even have the decency to build some kind of interesting science fiction world. It's pulp space opera at the absolute most SPAAAACE WIZAAAARDS level of pulp. Everything works because the writers say it does and nothing gets explained. The explanations we do get are fucking retarded.

As dumb as star trek is (trek also counts as space opera,) they try to explain shit with technobabble. Plots at least marginally revolve around diplomacy and civilizations interacting. It's still too simplistic and dumb most of the time, but it's not a comic book like SW is.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:17 am

Vaporwear wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:46 am
And even then you have to find the theatrical cuts because the enhanced versions actually make those films worse.
The edits made to Empire are marginal at best. It's the best one from every standpoint
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:20 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:16 pm

This. You may as well watch The Last Starfighter or TRON. It's debatable if the "good" star wars movies are really any better than those or similar cult classics. The only "good" star wars movies are New Hope and Empire. Return is a big mess with a lot of flaws. Prequels are garbage and the disney ones are even worse.
Hey, now! TRON had ambition, a clever ending, a few memorable moments and an attempt at subtext and multiple themes. It was a quest that never dragged too long and gave its characters a chance to breath and have their scenes. It tried to be at least a little mature and adult in between the cool scenes and graphix.
Last Starfighter is largely forgettable. Outside the original premise, it's just goofy Saturday morning TV schlock. The only memorable part of the movie is the way the villian dies in the end.

Why do do many hate on RotJ? It was a grand, spectacular, emotional, goofy sendoff. Yes, Empire was better--but it didn't end the story. Characters got to complete their arcs and put the capstone on their profiles. Luke gets to be a badass, C3PO is useful, Leia gets to do more action stuff, Wedge and black man get to blow up the Death Star this time, and so on
Everyone just wanted the trilogy to end and have a great time. Forest bears beat Stormtroopers? Yeah, they said officially it had historical precedent, but also fuck it: it's the last movie, the bad guys are done.
Also, they still shot the movie like they knew what they were doing. Han may have been more goofy comic relief, but he was still Han.

The gang gets back together, beats some Empire, and has a barbecue. Plus closure.
Kind of the way 80s George described it.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.