""""Intellectual"""" "pop culture" youtubers question

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: """"Intellectual"""" "pop culture" youtubers question

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:26 pm

They just don't want to face the cold, harsh truth that they're playing "games".
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:41 pm
As with everything on Youtube, people like Vaati get popular and you have a thousand faggots who think that style is appropriate for talking about their gay theories about how the Witcher and Gundam are set in the same universe or some other retarded wank.
Now that can't be true. Witcher is just the surface world of Dungeon Keeper, while Gundam is obviously a prequel to Hatoful Boyfriend.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 am

They're copying Anita Sarkeesian, who ended every sentence like this. Literally ever sentence was like this. Mario is a rapist. Princess Peach is a survivor. Give me money.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:12 am

There are a lot of movieblobs out there who put pop culture criticism on a fucking pedestal and think knowing about pointless shit/making up headcannon fanfic constitutes being part of the ruling class and intellectual elite.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ClawMidnight

Post by ClawMidnight » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:31 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:12 am
There are a lot of movieblobs out there who put pop culture criticism on a fucking pedestal and think knowing about pointless shit/making up headcannon fanfic constitutes being part of the ruling class and intellectual elite.
The fact there are people who look up to blob scares me. Even just one would be too many, but I've ran into like half a dozen people like that who all also make videos like his. Theres more than that when it comes to non-khantent creating rando commenter types, but I don't count those because youtube commenters don't count as people.

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 am

It's a bunch of people who know nothing looking up to someone who knows almost nothing. They have no comparison point so they assume he's a genius, especially since he acts so confident in his ignorance. I'll admit, there was a time when Linkara seemed like a comic expert but then I got into more comics and realised he doesn't know shit.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:35 am

It's called a "received accent" or "received pronounciation" aka. BBC English aka Oxford English.

I do have a case of that, though one can hear that I've had an English teacher from Dover and that I'm North German but that's only if you know those things. Some retarded burgers and Kiwis have thought I was English, which baffles me. But I don't have have the typical "German" accent.
My nigger ban knows.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:05 am

ban wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:29 pm
Has anyone noticed that when somebody tries to pass himself off as an intellectual gamer on youtube, he ends up having a a very, very specific type of accent and voice? Doesn't matter where the guy's from, murka, bongland or wherever, they default into a kind of accent where they accentuate their "o" sounds and roll their "r"s in a dry manner, speaking in a kind of soft, somewhat husky voice with an effeminate undertone...basically the Vaatividya accent and voice if it helps.

And it's one just vaati's immitators on the "Souls community", it's for a lot of games as well and it gone up to comics, movies, whatever's mainstream or pop culture...what the fuck? Is it a fake accent and voice like Kraut and Tea had? Is it their natural voice and it just gets accentuated when they speak in that gay accent? It really drives me crazy.

Or are they all kikes and they're supposed to sound constantly hungry for cock? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least from personal knowledge, the overwhelming of the Jewtube pop culture pseudo-intellectual cunts tend to be midwestern sadbrains who transplant themselves to the West Coast or to some other libshit urban pavement jungle in the USA, so the connection as to why they all sound the same isn't difficult to pinpoint, if only because they are literal Syrian refugees who have yet to grow over their Flyover Country upbringing and it's very likely they never will.