""""Intellectual"""" "pop culture" youtubers question

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
ban

""""Intellectual"""" "pop culture" youtubers question

Post by ban » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Has anyone noticed that when somebody tries to pass himself off as an intellectual gamer on youtube, he ends up having a a very, very specific type of accent and voice? Doesn't matter where the guy's from, murka, bongland or wherever, they default into a kind of accent where they accentuate their "o" sounds and roll their "r"s in a dry manner, speaking in a kind of soft, somewhat husky voice with an effeminate undertone...basically the Vaatividya accent and voice if it helps.

And it's one just vaati's immitators on the "Souls community", it's for a lot of games as well and it gone up to comics, movies, whatever's mainstream or pop culture...what the fuck? Is it a fake accent and voice like Kraut and Tea had? Is it their natural voice and it just gets accentuated when they speak in that gay accent? It really drives me crazy.

Or are they all kikes and they're supposed to sound constantly hungry for cock? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Re: """"Intellectual"""" "pop culture" youtubers question

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:35 pm

I think it's called autism.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:48 pm

I guess they just think that's what smart people are supposed to sound like.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

OldManBones

Post by OldManBones » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:51 pm

I've noticed far more that when it comes to ''''''''intellectual'''''''' youtubers, that most of them are fucking terrible at playing video games.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:56 pm

OldManBones wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:51 pm
I've noticed far more that when it comes to ''''''''intellectual'''''''' youtubers, that most of them are fucking terrible at playing video games.
Smart people don't play video games.

ban

Post by ban » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:00 pm

Neither do retards, they just push buttons and try to not get jizz on the buttons...but we have exceptions, like Phill. :lol:
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:56 pm
They endure the gameplay so they can enjoy the cinematic experience.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:28 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:33 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:56 pm
They endure the gameplay so they can enjoy the cinematic experience.
And make their shitty lore videos where they pull lies out of their asses and pretend it's the height of intelligence to write gay fanfiction about dark souls items.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:41 pm

It can kind of work if you're like VaatiVidya and have a soothing sort of voice and some production value to your content. Far too many people try and ape that style now, for topics that really don't warrant it. As with everything on Youtube, people like Vaati get popular and you have a thousand faggots who think that style is appropriate for talking about their gay theories about how the Witcher and Gundam are set in the same universe or some other retarded wank.

Stupid people look at content that works and think that style can just be transplanted onto anything. It's not the case. And of course it's a symptom of the increasing push towards games as art, which I don't entirely disagree with, but unfortunately it means you get random spazzes talking about their favourite games for the sake of it, pulling apart everything just so they can cosplay as an art critic.

ban

Post by ban » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:56 pm

THe reason I made this topic is that I have seen this phenomenon outside of their content(i.e. their livestreams or some gay podcast) and they still sound like that. The best thing this reminds me off was when I was going to art school exhibits in the center of Athens back when I was a teen with my dad and we would occassionally see some weird shit on the exhibits and the guy / girl that made it looked like a clown and talked in semi-french when talking about art as if they were a walking stereotype, complete with the béret and the works really. That was almost 15 years ago. I get having a look but having an accent to fit a crowd is...

Maybe it's because they aspire to be faceless "intellectuals" where their image is sacred or some shit and want to be the Patriots secretely and control info by promoting their gei fanfictions about the pyre gloves in DSII.
He warned youShow