Marzgunt: Queen of Hashtags (and fabricated outrage)

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Marzgurl: Queen of the Big Eyes (and Excessive Filters)

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:08 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:56 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:09 am
I’m alright with retranslation for projects that got hit hard by censorship (or Ted Woolsey)like FF4-6, but I never got the impression that 7 onward needed work.
Or sheer incompetence (like Breath of Fire II).
How bad did that fuck that one up? I’ve been wanting to play it.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:08 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:09 am
I’m alright with retranslation for projects that got hit hard by censorship (or Ted Woolsey)like FF4-6, but I never got the impression that 7 onward needed work.
Terrible. Characters' names wrong, plot points omitted, even game directions wrong. There's a Rom patched with a proper (and, to my knowledge, non-autistic) translation, so check it out if you can.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:13 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Le Redditeur wrote:

Terrible. Characters' names wrong, plot points omitted, even game directions wrong. There's a Rom patched with a proper (and, to my knowledge, non-autistic) translation, so check it out if you can.
Oh I’ll definitley do that. I just learned to patch ROMs for the SNES Classic recently and would love that. Are the GBA ports for 1 and 2 any good? I could get those.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Old Black Man wrote:

Oh I’ll definitley do that. I just learned to patch ROMs for the SNES Classic recently and would love that. Are the GBA ports for 1 and 2 any good? I could get those.
Never played them, so no comments on those.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:19 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:

Never played them, so no comments on those.
No idea if it is a new translation, but they cut down on the grind for money and exp, I’m definitely playing it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:55 pm
You son a submariner!
You spoony bard!
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:07 pm
FFXV has alternative facts? Oh god do tell.
That game's International script will age like fine wine, I tell ya.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:54 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:58 pm
It's already turned to vinegar. Who even remembers muh alternative facts?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:54 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:58 pm
It's already turned to vinegar. Who even remembers muh alternative facts?
Oh goddamnit. 😄 I barely remember that game’s story, I enjoyed the side quests and fishing but found the main quest to be lame. Wasn’t the villain like Doctor Who or something? And he wanted revenge because...fuck I don’t even know.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 am

Some interesting Q&A from her Curious Cat page.
Aside from all this, what do you do for a living? Or is this your living?
Video production has been off and on my full time job, but right now it is my part time job. I currently work full time overnight writing closed captions for TV and movies that you can regularly see airing on TV or streaming on places like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and other places. I didn't expect that one day I'd be working on the fringe edges of TV production, but it's been pretty rewarding
Anon 30m
How does one obtain employment writing closed captions for television? I want to do more than what I do now.
I just looked for transcribing work, kinda picked a job posting somewhat blindly and randomly, and they immediately wanted me. It just all kinda accidentally fell into place and was pretty easy. You can do some stuff online, but my work is on site in Los Angeles, so you may need to relocate to someplace that does it.
Anon 5m
Liberal, Conservative, or Centrist?
I used to think I was centrist. Now I'm not so certain anymore. I don't know. I haven't thought about it. I feel like people looking at me from a distance will likely pin me to something themselves. I guess that's okay for now, until I make my own decision for myself.
Anon 1h
What is your husband like?
Funny, has a Theatre degree, likes movies and TV way too much, the only video games he likes are bad ones about superheroes (but that's a forgivable offense), also likes Overwatch so that could be a whole lot worse, Kamen Rider is his top nerd priority, and has been trying his hand at making his own videos as of late.

http://www.youtube.com/joshknightthefirst

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:19 am

More
Anon 1h
What led you to live in California?
Aside from having been born out here and having family here, I was really crashing and burning in Texas. I was laid off and was looking for work for a year and couldn't make any money. But I immediately was getting job offers left and right the second I started applying for work in California. And while California is expensive, I had a much better shot at not dying by coming out to California than I did in Texas, where it was looking more and more like I was gonna end up with nothing. It has been hard, but it has been working out little by little.
Anon 23h
What motivates to keep walking the path towards your dreams? Also, what is a major life goal you have set for yourself?
Hah, I don't think I'm nearly that organized in my head. A lot of what motivates me is just trying not to starve or have the roof over my head be taken away from me. And in a lot of cases, that means that I feel like I have to do at least a little something more than just working one or two jobs at a time. I'm not much of a big fan of Eminem, but especially during my transition period from Texas to California, I just kept thinking about how I made the move because there was literally nothing left in Texas for me and I was about to lose the roof over my head out there anyway, and there's a line in Eminem's "Lose Yourself" that says, "Success is my only motherf---ing option. Failure's not." Basically, I have to succeed at things I think I would be happy doing, or else I'm probably not going to survive at all in the first place.

I'm not certain about a major life goal, if I'm to be honest with you. I just have never had my life that well put together at all. But if I could keep meeting cool new people, if I could keep doing new and cool interesting things that I've never done before and that most people would dream to do, even if that wasn't my career, even if I did those things only once, I think I would be happy.
Anon 1d
Why are people still friends with Noah (Spoony)? You'd think his toxic behavior would have alienated everyone by now.
I know that he's worked out things with a number of people he had problems with on a personal level. Between he and I, there were never any issues. You might need to ask people who had scuffs with him in the past. I can't pretend to explain those. But if they choose to forgive him, that's up to them. And honestly, if things are worked out, that's probably for the best. Everyone, including his fans and followers, will have to make that choice for themselves.