The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Vulcan

The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Vulcan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:02 am

Dedicated to all the ex/members of Cinemassacre

I was watching the newest James & Mike Monday on Comix Zone and I was shocked that people who play video games professionally could be so utterly incompetent.

Go to 6:38.

So there's a puzzle and it's pretty self-explanatory, you simply stop the two hands on the metal part jutting out in the 3 position. Somehow James completely fucks it up and becomes DSP levels of idiotic.

He does it again at 15:57, bugged clock mechanics I guess.

What makes it worse is that he complains about how hard the game is throughout the video and that the continue system (starting with 0 continues and getting one after every boss) is bullshit. For a guy that worships Castlevania, Contra, Megaman etc he sure is a whiny casual.

Seele

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Seele » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:46 am

Is the AVGN even relevant anymore? His latest videos are no longer a guilty pleasure to sit through since he tries way too hard to recapture his "angry" act from his older videos. It just feels forced now. Plus, his indie film sucked ass and wasn't worth the years of waiting for. He's almost 40 and barely has any luster left.

Also, Mike Matei took over most of his channel with boring shit, making actual AVGN episodes a once in a while event.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:37 pm

I actually thought his last two videos were solid.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:49 pm

Not relevant, no, but I've found that his newer episodes(Big Rigs, Seaman and especially Megaman) hold up as well as the older ones upon rewatch, whilst I originally thought they were inferior.

James just really isn't an angry video game nerd, and his childhood memories couldn't fuel him forever. But I've always found him endearing in real life.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:53 pm

I like a lot of stuff James Rolfe does. Mike Matei is the actual nobody here.

As for AVGN, from certain point it got worse and worse, I probably haven't watched anything new in last 2 years - he just got completely burned out and it shows. First 80 or so episodes are mostly good, innocent fun. You get a shit episode here and there, but over all, I like him the most when he's just talking about the games. Less angry moments, more informative ones. He is a good comentator when he gets to it.

Now Matei, on the other hand, I just don't wanna hear anything from him. Ever. Go back being Buggs Bunny or Cowardly Lion or any other shitty character featured in the Nerd episodes.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:31 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:I like him the most when he's just talking about the games. Less angry moments, more informative ones. He is a good comentator when he gets to it.
Well, you should like his Power Rangers episode then, because he did so little yelling outside of the intro and outro that it could've been a documentary.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:44 pm

I feel like if angry reviewing never took off, James would've been a teacher. You can see he enjoys stating off facts about old horror movies, Godzilla and such.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:15 pm

He's possibly one of the few people that should've gone to filmschool and become a professor there.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:I like him the most when he's just talking about the games. Less angry moments, more informative ones. He is a good comentator when he gets to it.
I've also grown to prefer the Mellow Video Game Nerd. Dropping a hail of f-bombs just isn't quite as funny as it used to, and he seems to feel the same way, but does so anyways.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:18 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
I've also grown to prefer the Mellow Video Game Nerd. Dropping a hail of f-bombs just isn't quite as funny as it used to, and he seems to feel the same way, but does so anyways.
Oh, it still is. But his heart isn't in it. If he got genuinely pissed off like he did at the Batman games, the fire would be there.
Still, I've grown to almost prefer his movie reviews, because his enthusiasm is so infectious.
Kugelfisch wrote: