The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:32 pm

James was just in Doge Walker's review of Justice League. So much for them no longer being in contact.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:49 pm

Guestposting is slow.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:52 pm

I'm noticing a money hungry trend with James. Dude's ending friendships over trinkets.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:33 pm

Didn't Bootsy leave because of Mike?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:33 pm
Yeah, but James is the authority on the channel. The fact that Bootsy left tells me that James didn't bother trying to get them to settle their differences.
Now, I have heard that Bootsy and James only knew each other through Mike to begin with, so I get that he wouldn't want to get in their personal lives and all, but apparently the problem was about the (lack of) income Bootsy got from his participation in Cinemassacre. Which, even if Mike technically manages the channel, is 100% also related to James.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:58 pm

Don't forget the Cheetahmen scam. James isn't the innocent everyone thinks he is.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:33 am

Rushy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:33 pm
Yeah, but James is the authority on the channel. The fact that Bootsy left tells me that James didn't bother trying to get them to settle their differences.
Now, I have heard that Bootsy and James only knew each other through Mike to begin with, so I get that he wouldn't want to get in their personal lives and all, but apparently the problem was about the (lack of) income Bootsy got from his participation in Cinemassacre. Which, even if Mike technically manages the channel, is 100% also related to James.
Bootsy and Mike knew each other since they were children while James met them in college is the story but yeah unlike Doge being ruled over by Michaud, it isn't the same at Cinemassacre. James has control. But he either pretends to be oblivious to what is happening around him or knows and is lazy to solve problems.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:18 am

i really got the impression that the cheetahmen thing was that the guy who was behind that (forget his name now) was a very aggressive low rent con artist and probably just kind of tricked james and co to go along with the scam by coming off as enthusiastic about the 'shitty old game' and whatever used car salesman pitch he threw at them about how it would benefit james to be on board.

i'm not trying to say james is a saint but it's not like he was 1000% behind that whole thing. he did basically what, some promo video? maybe some mentions of the thing. but james is the kind of guy who can't be fucked to read the fucking manual for almost any game he plays for his james+mike vids or avgn, and i don't know how many times there's a very basic move or weapon/item you need to use to progress in a game and they complain about being stuck and the fucking manual would explain right away why they're such idiots. this idea that you shouldn't have to read a manual for retro games is fucking stupid too. it's almost like saying you should be able to figure out how to play monopoly without reading the instructions. but if james can't bother reading a few pages of a booklet to know how to play a game for his job how am i supposed to believe he did thorough research on this cheetahmen thing?

besides the way i see it, the 'fans' had a responsibility to do their own research. that cheetahmen thing was such an obvious scam to anyone who looked into it deep enough, but not only that, the whole idea was just fucking retarded. they were charging out the ass for some piece of crap game and it was clearly just some stupid huckter trendy bullshit for NES collectors who are buttfucking retarded and have too much spare money to spend on completely worthless shit. anyone who actually bought a copy of that game is a complete fucking idiot. and that's not james' fault. so the way i see it, no harm no foul.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:05 am

The problem is he didn't address it. They got caught running a scam and just took the video down and pretended nothing happened; just what a guy who refuses to pay his collaborators would do.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:39 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:33 am
But he either pretends to be oblivious to what is happening around him or knows and is lazy to solve problems.
He just wants the paycheck. Why put energy into something you have no passion for anymore?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette