Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by BobbyBoucher » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:46 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:11 pm
That has Mike written all over it.

Also, host file:
0.0.0.0 coin-hive.com

Fuck you, Mike.
I believe Chrome already autoblocks miners. Probably most adblock extensions do it as well.

It doesn't make sense for them to add a miner now. Website traffic for video died off along with Blip. Everything is going
straight to YouTube now, bypassing whatever advertising/mining is on their website.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:48 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:00 pm
Is it seriously that easy to mine for bitcoin? How does it work to put a miner on a webpage? Is it just a chance at it once someone clicks to load the page? Do they really think they can bring in that volume of site traffic anymore?

Given what I know about it, its scarcity increases over time. If they had done it years ago, then maybe.
But now--with fewer clicks and the more remote chance to get fewer bitcoins--it isn't just something that reeks of desperation. It's downright laughable. It's like seeing something added to grandpa's webpage because he heard it was cool.
Mining bitcoins is, at its core, calculating a bunch of hashes of the state of the blockchain, so yeah, it's that easy. Miners created those Javascript snippets that can inconspicously inserted in web pages to use your "idle" computing power to do those hashes.

What James (or, more likely, Mike Mattei) is doing is the scummiest form of mining: inserting a miner script on their page and not asking for the user's permission to do so. That's why NoScript is more and more necessary these days, to block shitheads like James/Mike pulling shit like this.

I have no problem with the model that Null tried on KF after getting busted as a malware provider for inserting one of these sneaky miners: ask the user permission, and let the user decide the throttle of the mining activity. But hey, it's easy to buttfuck your visitor's CPU for profit. I wonder if James/Mike didn't even bothered to filter out mobile browser off running this mining script - not online it drains battery and make the devide slow as shit, it doesn't even generate enough hashes per second to justify it.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:35 am

It doesn't have to be their doing - I had a website of mine hacked not that long ago (I was dumb and careless) and what the cunt that broke in did was inserting such mining trash, and they made sure it wouldn't work on admin accounts, so I only found out later thanks to a person that contacted me.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:23 pm

That video where Mike made James play some shitty horse prince phone game and screamed his head off throughout the whole thing was traumatic
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Making James play any game past 1995 is traumatic
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:25 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:17 pm
Making James play any game past 1995 is traumatic
Yeah, we can't even call him a lapsed gamer at this point. He doesn't seem to have much interest or knowledge of gaming past the mid-90's. He mentioned once that he had a Nintendo DS that he occasionally played, but I doubt he's used it recently.

Out of all the internet nobodies, I liked James' movie reviews most. Laid back, no deep plotz analysis. Also, I'll always like him for triggering SJWs over refusing to review Cisbusters.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:25 pm
. Also, I'll always like him for triggering SJWs over refusing to review Cisbusters.
Man that was the best, James had this dad notion of not seeing things you don't like without realizing that's now the internet works and will use your innocent statement as sexism.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:58 pm

A lot of people expect him to be this turbo gaming nerd when really he's just a normalfag who played a lot of NES as a kid.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:32 am

If anything, he's a movie nerd. He likes old movies but he's not into the arthouse stuff but instead into dumb, cheap and by today's standards ridiculous monster movies. I find that very genuine and sympathetic. He knows it's seen as trash but it's his jam.
In a better time line, he'd been a movie video guy. Not reviewer, but just somebody generally talking about movies or eras of film making he particularly enjoys. Maybe someday.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:12 am

I think I saw a video of his where he mentioned he had over 100 hours in Breath of the Wild, which was way, way more than he had in any game that he could remember. 100 hours in a massive RPG isn't that much if you're a big gamer, so the fact he remarked on that showed me he isn't really. I think he just likes the nostalgia and the collectable value of all this old obsolete shit. The fucker has a collection of Tiger LCD games for fucks sake. Mike seems to be a little more open to modern games but whether he just does it for Youtube viewz I can't tell. James definitely doesn't give a fuck though.