The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Johnny

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Johnny » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:51 pm

James' Super NES vs. Sega Genesis video is what really shows his ignorance on Genesis-related matters. Basically he oversells every positive aspect of the SNES and downplays (and downright dismisses) the merits of the Genesis. Every time I bring this up on other forums, they always defend him by saying he's speaking only from personal experience, which I call bullshit on if he's willing to bring up the fucking unlicensed Tristar Converter, but not the first-party Power Base Adapter, when comparing both consoles' backwards compatibility.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:15 am

Personal experience is no excuse for consoles that fucking old. You go and do your research before making a comparison video. Since there is nothing new coming for those consoles you can make a decisive statement about the merits of them, rather than commenting on potential or some bullshit like that.
Also, nobody gives a fuck about backwards compatibility with either now. Both a Mastersystem and a NES are so cheap and easy to emulate that it doesn't matter.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:49 am

Oh god that SNES/Megadrive video don't even get me started

It's so obvious he's never played any Megadrive game beyond Sonic 2. I mean, if you've only just played Comix Zone, considered a true classic of Megadrive, then you have no right to even try to talk about the Megadrive in any legitimate setting. It's shown by his examples when he compares the video games

For Soundtracks

SNES: Super Metroid, FF6, Donkey Kong Country, Super Castlevania IV
Megadrive: Uhh...Sonic ? He chooses Michael Jackson's Moonwalker for fucks sake, that game's soundtrack is terrible. The moron probably thought "durrrr mikel jakson he make good muzak" How about Streets Of Rage 2? Shinobi 3? Hell most things composed by Yuzo Koshiro.

It's the same for RPGs
SNES: FF6 (muh best RPG eva- dumb nostalgiafag), Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG
Megadrive: Phantasy Star. I also like how he doesn't even talk about the Phantasy Star series, while he endlessly wanks off to FF6, probably because he's never played any of them. Not to mention all the great SRPGs Megadrive has.

To cap it all off he goes into Beat em Ups and endlessly wanks over the butchered Final Fight port, the only Megadrive game he shows is fucking Streets Of Rage 1, and only to mention how clunky Megadrive Beat em Ups are. Finally, he concludes in a supremely scientific manner that "SNES Beat em Ups just feel better to me", and who would doubt you, the impartial reviewer whose channel name is "JamesNintendoNerd"?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:32 am

That reminds me of that jab game sack took at AVGN during there lets make a youtube episode where he said how he has no knowledge of the sega genesis, which is super true.

Also I guess they said everyone was cool about that except James and Mike, which is hilarious.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:38 am

It's always weird when he tries to do "educational" stuff with his Nerd persona. At least the character would have an excuse since everything starting with the PS1 is like witchcraft to him. Though even that doesn't account for the Genesis thing.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:33 am

The more I play around with Genesis beat em ups, the more convinced I become that it's still one of the best consoles for brawlers. I didn't like Golden Axe 1 at all, but Golden Axe 2 is perfectly functional (and quite impressive for its age) and the 3rd game is legitimately fantastic. Streets of Rage 1 is a masterpiece of brawling design. It's hard without being a quarter muncher like arcade Final Fight 1 was, and the 3 character choices play very differently. Weapon and item drops last FOREVER on the ground and you can usually recover a weapon that's been knocked from your hands, rather than have it vanish on you. The wrestling/grappling system is at least as deep as Final Fight, but it's more useful because "Holly Wood" and other cheating bastards aren't constantly swarming you in armies of 8 or more at a time. :D

SoR 2 is all that + better visuals, music and more moves.

Comix Zone is pretty dope, but I always found it hard as fuck. Also lel, that Final Fight port without Guy in it? Nerd likes that one? That shit was so bad they had to release a special "Final Fight GUY" version. I can see why he'd like it though, because I've seen footage of it before playing the Arcade version and as far as I can tell, it has WAY less enemies.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

asdf

Post by asdf » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:05 am

When I was a kid my dad gave me both a SNES and a Genesis because he didn't want them any more and I can tell you that I have more memories of the Genesis games that I played than the SNES ones.

Phantasy Star IV is still my absolute favorite game of all time and any time anybody mentions anything Genesis related and doesn't bring it up I immediately get salty.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:25 am

Phantasy star 4 is one of the best games on the system, the problem with genesis is it was associated with a lot of shit sort of like the wii with its shovelware.

I know tictac mentioned streets of rage 2 and yuzo made some fantastic music for it.

Its a shame genesis got such a bad wrap for its sound when it could pull off things like this.

I could go on but yeah, fuck nintendo fan boys like Pat. It's also why I like game sack with Joe because sega fans are hard to come by in the US.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Now you really make me want to get Phantasy Star 4. I hope it and SoR2 are on Steam.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:34 pm

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Nintendo fanboy (or at least I used to be one). So much so that one of the reasons I hate Blob Chipman so much is that he didn't go to war for Nintendo against Yahtzee and Spoony the way I wanted him to. With that being said....

The reason I think James (and most other people) never played a Genesis game besides the Sonic games was because Sega never really had a killer app that transcended it. They had a bloody Mortal Kombat for about a minute and then Nintendo grew some balls and started putting blood in those games. I don't doubt Genesis had some solid games (I recently played Strider in a store for the first time and it was awesome), but they never had a Final Fantasy 7 or Metal Gear Solid like the PS1 did, a Halo like the Xbox did, a Grand Theft Auto like the PS2 did (or an Ocarina of Time, truth hurts); a game that was all the rage that you had to play which Nintendo just could not provide a substitute for in genre. Which isn't to say that the Genesis' counterparts (for lack of a better term) Vulcan listed above were bad games, there was just no game that I remember that was the talk of the playground that you just had to convince your parents to buy. The only Sega games I even remember from being a kid were Sonic and NBA Jam, because it seemed like every single household with a Genesis had one. Not even as a free game with the system. Just shortly after you opened your Genesis and started playing it a copy of NBA JAM would magically appear out of nowhere.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.