The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Salmonella

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Salmonella » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:26 pm

99% of that list is bullshit.

I've only had one single problem with a firmware update and I have hundreds of blurays. Even then all I had to do was turn off the internet on my player and it worked fine. The menu thing is a industry wide thing, its not like they're still making wacky cool menus for the DVDs but giving blurays bland menus. 99% of Blurays come in the standard case with the standard clicker thing, only a few box sets use different packaging. As far as big packaging goes, that's a personal problem, if you don't want a gigantic godzilla book, don't buy it. Special features are ehhhhh because they release most of that stuff online now and I don't care about that shit anyways so I can't really comment on it. Lastly, I've stopped a bluray and put it back in years later and I still got the pop up thing that says "would you like to continue where you left off?" so he clearly just doesn't know what he's doing.

"The only thing bluray really has going for it is the picture quality"

Well no shit. I know picture quality doesn't really matter for the 1930s horror movies that James watches, but if I want to watch Blade Runner 2049, I want it to be in HD.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:51 pm

I only got far enough to hear him say "Streaming is king" and then shut it off. There's a reason I removed this guy from my recommendations a while ago.
Salmonella wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:26 pm
Really James. No fucking shit you say?
Is Spoony dead yet?

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:22 am

The only thing that could be agreed upon would be the interactive sections, but other than that it's all bullshit.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:43 am

title change suggestion, angry video game sperg

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 am

Video and movie streaming is some of the best things to happen to the hobby, that's why you see every thrift store and flea market clogged up with the junk.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:33 am

Salmonella wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:26 pm
99% of that list is bullshit.

I've only had one single problem with a firmware update and I have hundreds of blurays. Even then all I had to do was turn off the internet on my player and it worked fine. The menu thing is a industry wide thing, its not like they're still making wacky cool menus for the DVDs but giving blurays bland menus. 99% of Blurays come in the standard case with the standard clicker thing, only a few box sets use different packaging. As far as big packaging goes, that's a personal problem, if you don't want a gigantic godzilla book, don't buy it. Special features are ehhhhh because they release most of that stuff online now and I don't care about that shit anyways so I can't really comment on it. Lastly, I've stopped a bluray and put it back in years later and I still got the pop up thing that says "would you like to continue where you left off?" so he clearly just doesn't know what he's doing.

Well no shit. I know picture quality doesn't really matter for the 1930s horror movies that James watches, but if I want to watch Blade Runner 2049, I want it to be in HD.
I think the ability for a Blu-Ray to resume where you left off has to be specifically programmed in, whereas it just worked by default with DVD. I've experienced what he's talking about with older Blu-Rays, but I think all the newer ones will remember where you left off.

And the picture quality improvement actually is noticeably better even for 1930s movies. Even with standard definition material, the Blu-Ray standard supports better compression codecs.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:38 am

Physical media is trash.

Digital is where it's at. No physical space required (outside of hard drives) and no swapping discs.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:52 am

Boogie's Panniculus wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:38 am
Physical media is trash.

Digital is where it's at. No physical space required (outside of hard drives) and no swapping discs.
Yeah, till whatever service bans your account for dubious reasons and you lose everything.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:32 am

Not to mention studios 1984ing the films because they're not up with the current political zeitgeist, like this scene from Toy Story 2
Boogie's Panniculus wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:38 am
no swapping discs.
Hasn't been a problem since early, single layered, DVD
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

PassTheRemote
Goon

Post by PassTheRemote » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:06 am

I love him having one of the reasons as "I don't like the name". He shows he did no research, cuz he whines that the name is wrong, cuz the disc ain't blue. Blu-ray gets its name from the blue laser that is used to read the discs. That info is on the Wikipedia page, does Jame's ancient PC only allow him to check IRC chats or BBS's?