The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:51 pm

ChangeTheChunnel wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:42 pm
He sounds tired. The “anger” sounds forced too, nothing like when he was younger.

People like to use James’s minimal use of AVGN to show how much better he is than Doge, but it wouldn’t surprise me if James wanted to retire the character forever.
James does want to retire the AVGN. The problem is he has a mouthbreather fanbase that would riot. Also he has Motherfucker Mike hounding him about more AVGN episodes even though the dude just wants to chill and talk about old movies.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:24 pm

I'm a minute in and he's already re-used a joke he's done before, the scratch n sniff Nintendo Power Earthbound issue was already featured in the Nintendo Power episode. How lazy and creatively bankrupt can you get?
Could have easily done a more imaginative preamble than that.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 pm

His hairline receding really makes his forehead gigantic, nigga looks like Frankenstein.
Get a fringe or something. It's very distracting.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:24 pm
I'm a minute in and he's already re-used a joke he's done before, the scratch n sniff Nintendo Power Earthbound issue was already featured in the Nintendo Power episode. How lazy and creatively bankrupt can you get?
It makes sense in context. He later implies the disgusting ad is one of the reasons he (and others) never bothered with the game. I can relate to that. I never played Legend of Zelda because the TV commercials at the time were so terrible that they totally turned me off to the product.

お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:19 pm

Western video game commercials were - and still are - cringy as fuck. Glorious Nippon is way better in that regard.

(Yeah, I know it's for A Link to the Past instead of Zelda 1. Bite me.)

And I think an issue regarding Earthbound was that it's fairly "mundane" looking. Trying to compete with fantasy and sci-fi titles isn't easy with a modern day setting.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:38 pm

I can't wait for earth bound to double in price again.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:13 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:19 pm
Western video game commercials were - and still are - cringy as fuck. Glorious Nippon is way better in that regard.
I know it's been discussed to death, but I just can't get over how completely awful and disrespectful the localized American video game covers were of Japanese games. I've hacked by SNES Mini and it allows you to choose your own cover art for each of the games, so I've been looking up each game to choose the better art. 9/10 times the Japanese one is better. The Americans couldn't just let something be whimsical or fun. Everything had to be fucking EXTREME or BAD ASS!!!!
AVGN covered a few of them here of course.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:52 pm

Burger publishers also insisted on de-animefying a lot of cover art, leading to very "unique" results when they tried to actually capture the characters on the nipland cover.
Earthbound should not be as expensive in an age where you could've been emulating for what, 20 years? But I guess it's one for the turbospergs. Even in the current year I think EB has a reputation for being a game famous for being obscure.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:16 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:52 pm
Burger publishers also insisted on de-animefying a lot of cover art, leading to very "unique" results when they tried to actually capture the characters on the nipland cover.
Yes, thanks for pointing that out. That seemed to be the #1 reason for a cover being replaced. If it had even the slightest hint of an anime look to it, it was GONE. And then we get this instead:
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:23 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:51 pm
ChangeTheChunnel wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:42 pm
He sounds tired. The “anger” sounds forced too, nothing like when he was younger.

People like to use James’s minimal use of AVGN to show how much better he is than Doge, but it wouldn’t surprise me if James wanted to retire the character forever.
James does want to retire the AVGN. The problem is he has a mouthbreather fanbase that would riot. Also he has Motherfucker Mike hounding him about more AVGN episodes even though the dude just wants to chill and talk about old movies.
*breathes through mouth* what?